Getting stale in Cambodia

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Palestine

Re: Getting stale in Cambodia

Postby vladimir » Sat May 31, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't get it, Garry.

Seriously, I find many people's hassles begin with themselves (including me)

Travelling doesn't change you, beer does.
Oh, Carruthers, if you can hear me, wave your antennae.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Postby Barang_doa_slae » Sat May 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Came here to settle and stay from day one, went through countless can't bear it anymore phases alternated with i love it so much ones too.
Been here 15 years, not even excited to travel back to my mother land anymore.
Intend to be buried here ultimately.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Postby Garry.Crabtree » Sat May 31, 2014 7:14 pm

I travel all over the world with my work nowadays but I still get excited when I land in PNP.

To me some places just have a hook which keeps you there. Phnom Penn has that hook but I,m buggered if I know what it is or why.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Postby phuketrichard » Sat May 31, 2014 7:32 pm

dagenham wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:Interesting;
after 13 years in Thailand i was bored, ( even though i was traveling alot in SE Asia and Europe) , left for a 15 months back to the states, now been back for 15 years

Asia gets in ur blood
And you're still alive and kickin'! Bravo!
alive and well thakns!!! :bow:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Postby taabarang » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 am

But some things never changed, I once travelled 25,000 KMs from home to escape myself only to end up in another place going "Oh, fucking you again, you followed me all the way here?"

Yep, as they used to say in the 60's Wherever you go, there you are. But, having said that those with a sensitivity to bad governance might be happier elsewhere.
Once you've read one of her posts all the rest are just a remix.

• Advertisement
Booking.com

Return to “General Chatter”