Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by explorer »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:29 pm
explorer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:58 pm Intelligent people know what I said. But the small brains go on quoting false information again and again.
So you're basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid? Keep convincing yourself of that, what a great philosophy you have.
When someone misconstrues what someone else said to win an argument it tells you a lot about themselves, like they have a small brain.

Like you are doing now.

Intelligent people are not obsessed with winning arguments, and don't resort to misconstruing what others have said.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 617
United States of America

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by angkorjohn2 »

explorer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:40 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:29 pm
explorer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:58 pm Intelligent people know what I said. But the small brains go on quoting false information again and again.
So you're basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid? Keep convincing yourself of that, what a great philosophy you have.

Intelligent people are not obsessed with winning arguments, and don't resort to misconstruing what others have said.
which probably explains why you constantly try to win arguments and ignore other peoples questions to you :thumb: :beer3:
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by explorer »

Anthony's Weiner

If you tell me English is not your first language, I may think you are genuine. But English is probably your first language, so both I and you know, you don't really believe what you said.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

explorer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm Anthony's Weiner

If you tell me English is not your first language, I may think you are genuine. But English is probably your first language, so both I and you know, you don't really believe what you said.
Some people are fools, some people are smart. Once a met a man that couldn t tie his own shoes, I suggested he get help from others. I read a meme the other day that said " never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience", I wish I had read that meme 2 years ago, I would have saved myself a couple of bans from the forum. I speak English as it is the language of my family of origin, I also speak a little Hebrew and a little Yiddish. I have met Jews from Spain and Australia in the last two months, I know that this is irrelevant but it fills the paragraph nicely.
I remember what I say, I have not been tested for dementia and neither has my wife. I didn t demand it prior to marriage. She is younger than me but some men have wives older than them. Some men are not married. I don t want to get in a pissing contest with you, have you seen the price of depends? Some men are incontinent, I am not and I don t judge men that are. I do not want them to be offended and then not post on the forum. I read Dr Suess as a child and some days feel others copy his writing style. I can read, you can read. It is easy to look up a post by number or one could use the search function. Have you tried the search function? It is the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the home page.
I think bicycles are a good alternative to a car but I don t think unicycles would be but they would be easier to park. A tricycle is more stable than a bicycle, I like stability but a pentacycle is too much for me.
I hope your day is good and your big brain is at ease. Some times bigger isn t better, I once met a woman with a big navel, it was an orange-sized indentation on her belly. She had a nice smile and a good personality but didn t like to wear a bikini. We never went to the ocean together. I was living in the Dzoosotoyn Elisen Desert at the time. The closest ocean was 1600 miles away and it didn t seem worth the drive. Some men like to drive others do not.

There is a thread on TOF about the Reef Resort, it is about 2 years old, the thread that is, I will not deny that I wrote this
User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 822
Marshall Islands

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by IraHayes »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:20 pm
explorer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm Anthony's Weiner

If you tell me English is not your first language, I may think you are genuine. But English is probably your first language, so both I and you know, you don't really believe what you said.
Some people are fools, some people are smart. Once a met a man that couldn t tie his own shoes, I suggested he get help from others. I read a meme the other day that said " never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience", I wish I had read that meme 2 years ago, I would have saved myself a couple of bans from the forum. I speak English as it is the language of my family of origin, I also speak a little Hebrew and a little Yiddish. I have met Jews from Spain and Australia in the last two months, I know that this is irrelevant but it fills the paragraph nicely.
I remember what I say, I have not been tested for dementia and neither has my wife. I didn t demand it prior to marriage. She is younger than me but some men have wives older than them. Some men are not married. I don t want to get in a pissing contest with you, have you seen the price of depends? Some men are incontinent, I am not and I don t judge men that are. I do not want them to be offended and then not post on the forum. I read Dr Suess as a child and some days feel others copy his writing style. I can read, you can read. It is easy to look up a post by number or one could use the search function. Have you tried the search function? It is the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the home page.
I think bicycles are a good alternative to a car but I don t think unicycles would be but they would be easier to park. A tricycle is more stable than a bicycle, I like stability but a pentacycle is too much for me.
I hope your day is good and your big brain is at ease. Some times bigger isn t better, I once met a woman with a big navel, it was an orange-sized indentation on her belly. She had a nice smile and a good personality but didn t like to wear a bikini. We never went to the ocean together. I was living in the Dzoosotoyn Elisen Desert at the time. The closest ocean was 1600 miles away and it didn t seem worth the drive. Some men like to drive others do not.

There is a thread on TOF about the Reef Resort, it is about 2 years old, the thread that is, I will not deny that I wrote this
I have tried to write in the same style but I found it incredibly difficult. You seem to have it almost mastered though.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Image

Dr. Suess and one other was my inspiration.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 am
Reputation: 165
Australia

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I find it amusing a poster would admonish other posters for perhaps offending a poster with single digit posts and then turn around and write offensive posts about two posters with seven thousand five hundred posts between them. I love hypocrisy in action, it is so illuminating. :hattip:
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8911
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4561
Burkina Faso

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a big difference between a new poster you agree with and an old poster who keeps pulling you up on your bullshit. One is a potential ally, the other will be constant thorn in your side for eternity. It is better to throw away the educated and wise, they will not bend with the wind like the young.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 3936
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 3319
Location: PHNOM PENH !!!!!
Great Britain

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Doc67 »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:35 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:19 am I remember a long winded tale about a blind man and his dog called Monty. Since then I have been trying to develop a 'sniff-test'. It's only a prototype at this stage but this fails it.

So, OP, post some photos of any of your courts documents (delivered under armed guard) and further and better particulars of your dive centre, i.e. the name of it. Let's see if you have anything to back up your story.

If you are real you have been given some very sage advice by John Bingham. Take it.

If you are a fake, then stop wasting our time.
Yeah, these "give me some advice about my unusual situation" posts keep coming. First, SeaWolf and his "bunny boiler", then the blind guy and his girlfriend and now this guy. What next? Is someone just trying to generate traffic on this forum?
Still waiting for my proof...
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Getting Scammed after 12 years living in Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 am
sigmoid wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:35 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:19 am I remember a long winded tale about a blind man and his dog called Monty. Since then I have been trying to develop a 'sniff-test'. It's only a prototype at this stage but this fails it.

So, OP, post some photos of any of your courts documents (delivered under armed guard) and further and better particulars of your dive centre, i.e. the name of it. Let's see if you have anything to back up your story.

If you are real you have been given some very sage advice by John Bingham. Take it.

If you are a fake, then stop wasting our time.
Yeah, these "give me some advice about my unusual situation" posts keep coming. First, SeaWolf and his "bunny boiler", then the blind guy and his girlfriend and now this guy. What next? Is someone just trying to generate traffic on this forum?
Still waiting for my proof...
Image
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptainCanuck, Dr. Ifter, Gilmore, lagrange, Majestic-12 [Bot], mossie, offroadscholar, pissontheroof, RocketMonkey, samrong01, stevereeno, WandsKingers and 470 guests