General Queries

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
AdamS
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Reputation: 0
Great Britain

General Queries

Post by AdamS » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm

How much could a man see himself being able to purchase a 50kg bag of rice for from a small market if he were a shrewd businessman, and able to assure a regular purchase of the said amount? Guesstimations and estimations are both welcomed! :color
User avatar
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
Posts: 2018
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 am
Reputation: 935
India

Re: General Queries

Post by prahocalypse now » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:06 pm

What kind of rice?
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 9780
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1145
Australia

Re: General Queries

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:08 pm

$50 for good rice. No discounts apply ever.

It is rice
bobsboots
Expatriate
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 am
Reputation: 54
Great Britain

Re: General Queries

Post by bobsboots » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Get the wife or girlfriend to go.
Much cheaper
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 5054
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 734
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: General Queries

Post by Duncan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm

AdamS wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm
How much could a man see himself being able to purchase a 50kg bag of rice for from a small market if he were a shrewd businessman, and able to assure a regular purchase of the said amount? Guesstimations and estimations are both welcomed! :color

If he was a shrew businessman he would be buying the land and growing his own rice, thereby cutting out the middle man.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 2524
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 488

Re: General Queries

Post by Barang chgout » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Duncan wrote:
AdamS wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm
How much could a man see himself being able to purchase a 50kg bag of rice for from a small market if he were a shrewd businessman, and able to assure a regular purchase of the said amount? Guesstimations and estimations are both welcomed! :color

If he was a shrew businessman he would be buying the land and growing his own rice, thereby cutting out the middle man.
Which is why the rice farmers are doing so well! Shrewd fuckers!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 7750
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 962
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: General Queries

Post by phuketrichard » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:50 pm

Barang chgout wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm
Duncan wrote:
AdamS wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm
How much could a man see himself being able to purchase a 50kg bag of rice for from a small market if he were a shrewd businessman, and able to assure a regular purchase of the said amount? Guesstimations and estimations are both welcomed! :color

If he was a shrew businessman he would be buying the land and growing his own rice, thereby cutting out the middle man.
Which is why the rice farmers are doing so well! Shrewd fuckers!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
we have half a Ha, ( 5,000sqM) in Svay Rieng planted with rice, 2 crops/year....wanna buy it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AdamS
Tourist
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Reputation: 0
Great Britain

Re: General Queries

Post by AdamS » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Duncan wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 pm
AdamS wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 pm
How much could a man see himself being able to purchase a 50kg bag of rice for from a small market if he were a shrewd businessman, and able to assure a regular purchase of the said amount? Guesstimations and estimations are both welcomed! :color

If he was a shrew businessman he would be buying the land and growing his own rice, thereby cutting out the middle man.
i dont want to cut out the middle man, i would like to pay him for his rice :stir: So is it safe to accept that $1 a kg is a solid price for rice?
epidemiks
Expatriate
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm
Reputation: 285
Australia

Re: General Queries

Post by epidemiks » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 pm

50kg bags of rice are $25-30. No shrewdness, wiley negotiation skills, nor repeat business required. Funnily enough, rice sellers sell shit loads of rice.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 5054
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 734
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: General Queries

Post by Duncan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 am

epidemiks wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 pm
50kg bags of rice are $25-30. No shrewdness, wiley negotiation skills, nor repeat business required. Funnily enough, rice sellers sell shit loads of rice.

But that is only because Cambodians eat shit loads of rice.
There is a big difference in price between 60% broken rice, 20% broken rice and first grade fragrance rice. While us white guys are experts at telling the difference
between difference beers, I think you have to be Asian to tell the slight difference in rice flavors and quality.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], IraHayes, John Bingham, JUDGEDREDD, Kammekor, Kampoochie, Queef and 273 guests