Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 98
United States of America

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by Ravensnest » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm

The Seawolf wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 pm


I’d go for the bull dyke chick with the nips rocking the Viking vibes.
damn, that's a little rough. Too bad I don't see your picture. you go pick trash for hours as someone on a holiday in Cambodian heat and see how handsome you look, bro. I bet she looks damn hot cleaned up and dressed because she looks pretty good dirty and sweaty.
siliconlife wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm
Nothing like some white folk to show the noble savages who knows better! Who needs bins when you have attention-seeking tourists, eh? Maybe they could pick up some trash around my village too, as it's far filthier than that river, which actually has employed cleaners...
maybe you should start cleaning your village tomorrow rather than criticize and surf the net.
The KOW, where the wonder never ends. "I wonder why..?"
User avatar
The Seawolf
BANNED
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 am
Reputation: 78
Vietnam

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by The Seawolf » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am

Ravensnest wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm
The Seawolf wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 pm


I’d go for the bull dyke chick with the nips rocking the Viking vibes.
damn, that's a little rough. Too bad I don't see your picture. you go pick trash for hours as someone on a holiday in Cambodian heat and see how handsome you look, bro. I bet she looks damn hot cleaned up and dressed because she looks pretty good dirty and sweaty.

That doesn't hold any weight. And if it did it would make observations (or criticism if you want to call it that) obsolete. bet u couldn't do better. Huh? I have shouted at Lionel Messi on TV for missing a sitter. bet u couldn't do better. No I definitely couldn't.

I don't feel it is sexist to have a harmless joke (that they will never hear) about which one you would do either. I am a man they are women. How is that sexist?

Sexist would be - 'Oh look, 3 birds doing the only thing they are useful for. Bit of cleaning up! lol.'

fyi I wouldn't do any of them. I have an acute case of yellow fever.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11278
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1986
United States of America

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:37 am

Thailand and Australia were litter infested 30 years ago.
Education has changed that now to a great degree.
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 122
Cambodia

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by DaveG » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

"^Education has changed that now to a great degree"

And these guys!!! ,75 Quid for orange peel, Ffs.

All about the money for the council again, just like the speed camera issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39882434
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 347

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by newkidontheblock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:20 am

Real Khmers show their pride by drinking a can of Angkor then tossing it out on the side of the road. All while wearing a ‘I love Cambodia’ shirt, of course.

It’s like the motorcycle helmets. The country can educate all they want and nothing will happen. Give the police a new money making scheme, however, and then watch the trash disappear.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm
Reputation: 104
Togo

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by siliconlife » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Ravensnest wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm
siliconlife wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm
Nothing like some white folk to show the noble savages who knows better! Who needs bins when you have attention-seeking tourists, eh? Maybe they could pick up some trash around my village too, as it's far filthier than that river, which actually has employed cleaners...
maybe you should start cleaning your village tomorrow rather than criticize and surf the net.
Maybe I should! ....Maybe I already do! Maybe you should read between the lines instead of taking sarcastic criticism of serious issues literally, though. It would show your intelligent side.
hdgh29
Expatriate
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 pm
Reputation: 35
Andorra

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by hdgh29 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:57 pm

Image
Splashback wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:06 pm
Good on them for shining the headlights on the trash problem. ;-)
Image
Yep love those headlights....outstanding
Chouka
Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 0
Belgium

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by Chouka » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:49 pm

SINUS wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm

After sharing the pictures on social media, many Cambodians thanked them.
Khmers thanked the girls for cleaning the city and began to continue to throw garbage on the side of the road.
I was thinking exactly the same.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 98
United States of America

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by Ravensnest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:48 am

siliconlife wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Ravensnest wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm
siliconlife wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm
Nothing like some white folk to show the noble savages who knows better! Who needs bins when you have attention-seeking tourists, eh? Maybe they could pick up some trash around my village too, as it's far filthier than that river, which actually has employed cleaners...
maybe you should start cleaning your village tomorrow rather than criticize and surf the net.
Maybe I should! ....Maybe I already do! Maybe you should read between the lines instead of taking sarcastic criticism of serious issues literally, though. It would show your intelligent side.
Dont talk the talk, i dare prove to prove it kind sir.
The KOW, where the wonder never ends. "I wonder why..?"
User avatar
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am
Reputation: 313
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Foreign Women Posted Picking Up Trash in Siem Reap

Post by Cinnamoncat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:00 am

The Seawolf wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am
Ravensnest wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm
The Seawolf wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 pm


I’d go for the bull dyke chick with the nips rocking the Viking vibes.
damn, that's a little rough. Too bad I don't see your picture. you go pick trash for hours as someone on a holiday in Cambodian heat and see how handsome you look, bro. I bet she looks damn hot cleaned up and dressed because she looks pretty good dirty and sweaty.

That doesn't hold any weight. And if it did it would make observations (or criticism if you want to call it that) obsolete. bet u couldn't do better. Huh? I have shouted at Lionel Messi on TV for missing a sitter. bet u couldn't do better. No I definitely couldn't.

I don't feel it is sexist to have a harmless joke (that they will never hear) about which one you would do either. I am a man they are women. How is that sexist?

Sexist would be - 'Oh look, 3 birds doing the only thing they are useful for. Bit of cleaning up! lol.'

fyi I wouldn't do any of them. I have an acute case of yellow fever.
I am going to invite these women to join the forum. Hope that's okay.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deefer, IraHayes, Jduffy, mossie, Ravensnest, Soyoung123, taabarang and 386 guests