Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 14652
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 760
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by General Mackevili » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Ha! I just saw this on Facebook. It's fucking true! ! !

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Karma: 60

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by Hotdigr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 am

Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 14652
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 760
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 am

Hotdigr wrote:Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
You make me feel so young again.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 4348
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 487
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by Duncan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:28 am

General Mackevili wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:Ah, you young guys are soft! You don't remember the good old days of the 70's?!
You make me feel so young again.

And I remember the good old days of the 1960's on my first trip away from ''home '' was on the Oriental Queen, a old war 2 boat owned and run by the Japs. Flying was only for rich tourists then.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm
Karma: 3
Location: Nung river
Libya

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by The Add Jay » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:01 am

when mh370 happened I got all into plane crashes. some fantastic websites dedicated to investigations. Also found one with black box recordings. The last words some of the pilots said have been so epic and I totally admire some of them. The most common I have seen is...FUCK! Lmao

I got so into reading them that my khmer gf put down her smart phone watching shitty khmer horror movie and got into some of the stories.

The saddest have been TWA 800 and Pacific Southwest Airlines, Flight 182.


http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



LOT Polish Airlines was said by the entire crew...awesome.


As for the situation with MH17...how come no word or mention of what air traffic control had to say? just blame russia. Complete bullshit. Just like how Assad used chemical weapons on his people. I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.


Ordinem ad Imperium
Sailorman
Expatriate
Posts: 2321
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 am
Karma: 0

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by Sailorman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:06 am

Years ago someone put out a book with all the last words said before crashing. My favorite was from a pilot crashing straight down into a field. "Look at all the damn cabbages!!
wackyjacky
Expatriate
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm
Karma: 1

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by wackyjacky » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Flying has been a pain in the balls since 9/11. I don't think it's gotten more dangerous, just less fun. I've always been a 'miles whore' and have been lucky enough to sit up front dozens of times. I still don't look forward to it, even in 1st.
User avatar
dagenham
Expatriate
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Karma: 1
Great Britain

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by dagenham » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 pm

The Add Jay wrote:when mh370 happened I got all into plane crashes. some fantastic websites dedicated to investigations. Also found one with black box recordings. The last words some of the pilots said have been so epic and I totally admire some of them. The most common I have seen is...FUCK! Lmao

I got so into reading them that my khmer gf put down her smart phone watching shitty khmer horror movie and got into some of the stories.

The saddest have been TWA 800 and Pacific Southwest Airlines, Flight 182.


http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



LOT Polish Airlines was said by the entire crew...awesome.


As for the situation with MH17...how come no word or mention of what air traffic control had to say? just blame russia. Complete bullshit. Just like how Assad used chemical weapons on his people. I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say.
"I dont believe a single word the new liberal world order has to say."

C'mon, Mr. AJ... so the Bushes (both of them) are your heroes? Reagan?

Of course, that "Nigger Arab" in the White House plotted, executed and funded 911, right?

The entire media system is controlled by radical left-wing Faggot Jews bent on controlling the banking sector and destroying the "family values" of ordinary Americans, eh?

Chemical weapons are a myth, right? The photos were are an elaborate drama done by paid actors (employed by Obama of course).

Global warming is a pack of lies perpetuated by Nazi Greenpeace to drain precious resources from the domestic arms industry?

The ownership of personal automatic tactical weapons in the USA is the most sacred right of all?

The Malaysian flight is not missing actually, Obama has it hidden inside an underground bunker...and on and an and on...yep, the liberal agenda is destroying the very fabric of modern life...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 7571
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Karma: 518
Tokelau

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Ah, the good old days; when the back of the plane was a smoking area, and when you asked for a second glass of champagne they gave you the bottle to finish...we had some great parties on the longhaul flights.
A friend who was boarding with a 3 ft long samourai sword just gave it to the cabin crew to keep upfront and they gave it back after landing. When you think that even a tube of toothpaste can get confiscated these days...

Flying longhaul, even in economy, used to be kind of fun - just boring now. :beer1:
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 9485
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 458
Australia

Re: Flying Isn't What It Used To Be...

Post by StroppyChops » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:A friend who was boarding with a 3 ft long samourai sword just gave it to the cabin crew to keep upfront and they gave it back after landing. When you think that even a tube of toothpaste can get confiscated these days...
I travel with hypodermics - and have never once had them checked. What a colossal weakness in the security system.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: armchairlawyer, Bing [Bot], bobsboots, chorlton, clutchcargo, darayd, Duncan, fatuousdrivel, Google [Bot], GTC7, IraHayes, JessB52, Joker Poker, Majestic-12 [Bot], phuketrichard, RogueAnt, steelyRon, StroppyChops, timmydownawell, willyhilly and 313 guests