Fathers Day

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Fathers Day

Post by Dara » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:36 am

Some expats are fathers, maybe you.

May all of your Fathers Days be perfect as I bet they are already.

Mine were not great, sorry to be different. Then I met some

RAKTIVISTS ! They showed me an email and told me to forward it
to my kids and expect miracles. I needed a miracle. And I got one.

I would post it here but I have so few Karma points that I should
probably not take the chance of upsetting the owners of CEO or
any posters.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/images/ ... santry.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17106
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2072
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Fathers Day

Post by General Mackevili » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Dara wrote:
I would post it here but I have so few Karma points that I should
probably not take the chance of upsetting the owners of CEO or
any posters.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/images/ ... santry.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post it! ! !
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Dara » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:51 pm

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Dara » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Thank YOU Raktivists !

I didn't even read the email that they said to send to my kids.


I had tried using my own words (some posters here know this would not work)
and it did not work at all. It was a bitter divorce and twenty years later.......still no contact.

So be happy for a moment, and let me share. I got this today from
my daughter.

To a man with who is an inspiration in so many ways. A courageous, spirited, and fearless man who pursues his goals with foray. You have been a huge part of my life even when there are silent valleys and seemingly galaxies between us. I love you and i am grateful for the fact that you have enriched my life, although sometimes painful for both of us, i wouldn't want any other person in the world to be my dad.
Happy Father's Day, i hope you have a nice day and know i will be thinking of you.
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/images/ ... iggrin.gif
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:04 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Australia

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Mrs Stroppy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Lovely message from your daughter!
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1028
Australia

Re: Fathers Day

Post by StroppyChops » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Dara wrote:To a man with who is an inspiration in so many ways. A courageous, spirited, and fearless man who pursues his goals with foray. You have been a huge part of my life even when there are silent valleys and seemingly galaxies between us. I love you and i am grateful for the fact that you have enriched my life, although sometimes painful for both of us, i wouldn't want any other person in the world to be my dad.
Happy Father's Day, i hope you have a nice day and know i will be thinking of you.
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/images/ ... iggrin.gif
You are a rich man - this is better than cash in the bank.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 2648
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 1557
Thailand

Re: Fathers Day

Post by yong » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 pm

📢 5 year old son.....after reading story of a king.....

Son:......Mom, I also want 3 wives.....one will cook, one will sing, one will bathe me.......

Mom:....And which one will put you to sleep

Son:..No mom, i will still sleep with you....Mom's eyes filled up with tears ... God bless you son

Mom:...but who will sleep with your 3 wives

Son:....Let them sleep with daddy...

Daddy's eyes filled up with tears... God bless you son ! 😂😆

*To all fathers!*
💞 *Happy Father’s day* 💞
User avatar
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Reputation: 249
Location: Siem Reap
Netherlands

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Sidewalker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

I don't have children and being honest, I never felt it a miss.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11691
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2952
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Fathers Day

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Sidewalker wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm
I don't have children and being honest, I never felt it a miss.

u'll never know what you missed....
Having a daughter saved my life and taught me so much about myself
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Reputation: 249
Location: Siem Reap
Netherlands

Re: Fathers Day

Post by Sidewalker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:20 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Sidewalker wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm
I don't have children and being honest, I never felt it a miss.

u'll never know what you missed....
Having a daughter saved my life and taught me so much about myself
For me, it was a conscious decision not to become a father, because that would have been a disaster. Why? I like to keep that private.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post