Editing your own post. Is there a time limit?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Editing your own post. Is there a time limit?

Postby Jaap N. » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:11 am

vladimir wrote:
giblet wrote:I would like to have the option to delete my posts at a later date, if necessary.
You're just chicken.
:lol:
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Postby FreeSocrates! » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 pm

General Mackevili wrote:Also, it does show that it's been edited (won't see it in Tapatalk though), so that should help avoid confusion.
That's helpful to know, thanks.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Postby Rain Dog » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:07 pm

General Mackevili wrote:I guess we can look at changing it if it starts to get abused.

For now I like that members are free to edit their posts at any time. It's your posts, so you have the freedom to edit them when and where you please.

Also, it does show that it's been edited (won't see it in Tapatalk though), so that should help avoid confusion.
I agree. Forum posts are like pissing in a river they should just float away ---- but if someone really wants to change something that might embarrass or incriminate them at a later date they should be able to. The whole "I am going to hold you to your words" mentality is from people who take forums far too seriously. If too worried about a poster changing their post, just "quote" it and it will be embedded in yours.

Yes --- Freedom Please!

#Transpaency too -- hehe
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;

• Advertisement
Booking.com