Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 am
Reputation: 50
Andorra

Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by jovial fucher »

Across from the market, directly on the corner, there is a pharmacist lady and now she's gone. Her brother has a motorcycle parking place next door.

She has given me indications that she was depressed, and she told me she is an insomniac.

I hope nothing bad has happened and just wanted to see if anyone knew the situation.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 796
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by pczz »

jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:44 am Across from the market, directly on the corner, there is a pharmacist lady and now she's gone. Her brother has a motorcycle parking place next door.

She has given me indications that she was depressed, and she told me she is an insomniac.

I hope nothing bad has happened and just wanted to see if anyone knew the situation.
You mean she has stopped working in the shop or do you mean the shop has closed?
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3598
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 759

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You realize that st.13 is pretty long, and actually crosses two markets? There is more than one pharmacist there, so it's kind of hard for us to know what/who you're talking about.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 am
Reputation: 50
Andorra

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by jovial fucher »

pczz wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:32 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:44 am Across from the market, directly on the corner, there is a pharmacist lady and now she's gone. Her brother has a motorcycle parking place next door.

She has given me indications that she was depressed, and she told me she is an insomniac.

I hope nothing bad has happened and just wanted to see if anyone knew the situation.
You mean she has stopped working in the shop or do you mean the shop has closed?
She's stopped working. There is a younger girl in her place, whom I think is a family member. The woman is a nice person.
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 am
Reputation: 50
Andorra

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by jovial fucher »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm You realize that st.13 is pretty long, and actually crosses two markets? There is more than one pharmacist there, so it's kind of hard for us to know what/who you're talking about.
It's by Kandal market, where the new street was paved to riverside. On the corner across from that.
User avatar
sigmoid
Expatriate
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:53 pm
Reputation: 242
Vietnam

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by sigmoid »

jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:58 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:32 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:44 am Across from the market, directly on the corner, there is a pharmacist lady and now she's gone. Her brother has a motorcycle parking place next door.

She has given me indications that she was depressed, and she told me she is an insomniac.

I hope nothing bad has happened and just wanted to see if anyone knew the situation.
You mean she has stopped working in the shop or do you mean the shop has closed?
She's stopped working. There is a younger girl in her place, whom I think is a family member. The woman is a nice person.
So, this replacement also doesn't know what happened to her? Have you asked her?
mouytiet
Expatriate
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm
Reputation: 83
COOK_ISLANDS

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by mouytiet »

She has been hospitalised for mental health comditions, her mother died while ago and jer brother stopped working there and think it all got bit to much for jer
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 am
Reputation: 50
Andorra

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by jovial fucher »

mouytiet wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:05 pm She has been hospitalised for mental health comditions, her mother died while ago and jer brother stopped working there and think it all got bit to much for jer
That's sad news to hear. I was hoping for better. She's a nice woman and speaks English. She's afraid to die alone.

If she comes back and you need meds, go by and give her warm conversation. :hattip:
jovial fucher
Expatriate
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 am
Reputation: 50
Andorra

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by jovial fucher »

sigmoid wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:12 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:58 pm
pczz wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:32 pm
jovial fucher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:44 am Across from the market, directly on the corner, there is a pharmacist lady and now she's gone. Her brother has a motorcycle parking place next door.

She has given me indications that she was depressed, and she told me she is an insomniac.

I hope nothing bad has happened and just wanted to see if anyone knew the situation.
You mean she has stopped working in the shop or do you mean the shop has closed?
She's stopped working. There is a younger girl in her place, whom I think is a family member. The woman is a nice person.
So, this replacement also doesn't know what happened to her? Have you asked her?
Maybe the reason below is why she's a bit gruff and has raised the prices slightly.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm
Reputation: 83
COOK_ISLANDS

Re: Does anyone know what happened to the pharmacist lady on 13th st?

Post by mouytiet »

Poor woman never maried probably a sixty yr old virgim
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albror, Bibi, Chad Sexington, Gilmore, Majestic-12 [Bot], nerdlinger, Username Taken and 402 guests