Im aware of:
1. Silk Island, cruising around the island, looking at silk weaving then enjoying a a lunch in one of the "beach" huts.
2. Visit Phnom Chisor, lunch at Tonle Bati (khmer language skills may be required),and a visit to the nearby Ta Prohm temple on the way back
3. Phnom Tamao Zoo http://phnomtamaozoo.com
4. Oudong mountain (although the the 509 steep steps to the top of the mountain may be a challenge for obese people and heavy smokers), then enjoy the roasted chicken in one of the food huts on the foot of the mountain
5. Chill out in Kirirom national park
6. Feeding frenzy at Kien Svay
7. River cruise up the Mekong river
What else would you recommend?
- General Mackevili
- The General
- Posts: 17508
- Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
- Reputation: 2397
- Location: The Kingdom
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."
Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME
Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY
Follow CEO on social media:
- The Add Jay
- Posts: 894
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm
- Reputation: 4
- Location: Nung river
Hitting Kendal is nice about 20-30km out and cruising. I did phnom DA and Ba phnom in a day but it was brutal on the body.
Ordinem ad Imperium
To which the obvious question is, "Why?"The Add Jay wrote:Be careful when if you do find it..its guarded by guys with machetes wearing CPP shirts.
The Phnom is really neat itself with a couple cool Wats and a really weird statue garden. One of the Wats has a giant reclining Buddha and next to it are the remains of the originals head. Because the original reclining Buddha was blown to smithereens by the KR and a chunk of the head was all that was left. Or so says the old codger who was tending to the place when I ambled through.
I'll dig out some pics and give a better trip report later if no one else beats me to it.
Please do. I hear Phnom Bassett is good for mtn. bikers and offroaders too? Would like to get precise directions, if possible...
HotRecruiter wrote:Hugh Briss,
Please do. Would like to get precise directions, if possible...
Ahh man, come on. Half the fun was taking a wrong road that dead ended out in a rice paddy with some cud-chewing cows. All I had with me was a shitty map.
There's a big tarmac road that goes all the way there, which I finally found. I'll try to remember the turn off.
All I did was look in the distance for some phnom's that looked like they had wats on them and took a 'road' or two, ha ha, and finally got myself there. Felt a bit silly that I had blasted past this perfectly paved road that goes straight there.
Half the fun in life are the journeys, the destinations can be cool too.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 9 Replies
- 2009 Views
Last post by AndyKK
- 1 Replies
- 857 Views
Last post by WineOxley
- 14 Replies
- 991 Views
Last post by Brody
- 2 Replies
- 636 Views
Last post by canucklhead
- 16 Replies
- 13126 Views
Last post by Anchor Moy
Luxurious Villa with Swimming Pool for rent in Daun Penh in Phnom Penh 5 bdr 3000 USD pm
- 8 Replies
- 969 Views
Last post by Doc67