Content, or lack thereof

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Reputation: 5

Content, or lack thereof

Post by Soi Dog » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:04 am

If y'all want this forum to survive, you better put some thought and effort in to it. I see sometimes 3 or 4 new members sign join each day, but they don't post. The number of regular posters here is quite low, and fading. What are you doing to engage and entice new readers? Anyone can create a new internet forum. Is that where your idea ends? Build it and they will come? Think again. It takes constant effort and creative oversight, and that is woefully lacking. The great experiment seems to be failing, IMO.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by OrangeDragon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:02 am

Sometimes there are lulls... Its bound to happen. There's just not always that much to talk about. Forcing it makes it seem contrived.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 am

OrangeDragon wrote:Sometimes there are lulls... Its bound to happen. There's just not always that much to talk about. Forcing it makes it seem contrived.
Gen Mack and OD want this forum to survive more than anyone. I've talked with General Mack recently about the lack of content and can assure you and everyone, it is understood, but this site is free, life happens, relax.

I want to do some restaurant reviews. Big threads that rank well on Google are great..... "best restaurants in phnom Penh" I. E.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
taranis
Expatriate
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm
Reputation: 0
Great Britain

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by taranis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 am

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11470
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2855
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by phuketrichard » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:35 am

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Sometimes there are lulls... Its bound to happen. There's just not always that much to talk about. Forcing it makes it seem contrived.
Gen Mack and OD want this forum to survive more than anyone. I've talked with General Mack recently about the lack of content and can assure you and everyone, it is understood, but this site is free, life happens, relax.

I want to do some restaurant reviews. Big threads that rank well on Google are great..... "best restaurants in phnom Penh" I. E.
just curious, what is ur involvement with the site, you talk an post like ur a partner.

It succeeds or fails on the posters, I for one wont post most new threads on Thailand cause when ever i do the idea /post is attacked by some poster so
whats the point

BTW k440 is having the same problem with quality post over the last few months.

My $.05 its not new anymore. most people have lived or visited Cambodia and Cambodia is becoming not the place it was a few years ago. Not as much to talk about an
look at the new posts;

What maintenance do you do?
$25 Orbitz Coupon w/Sign Up & 20% Code
Seed potatoes
Composting
Tony Soprano didn't die. Oh, spoiler alert.

BORING>>>>>>>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 am
Reputation: 36

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Satiated Parrot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 am

phuketrichard wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Sometimes there are lulls... Its bound to happen. There's just not always that much to talk about. Forcing it makes it seem contrived.
Gen Mack and OD want this forum to survive more than anyone. I've talked with General Mack recently about the lack of content and can assure you and everyone, it is understood, but this site is free, life happens, relax.

I want to do some restaurant reviews. Big threads that rank well on Google are great..... "best restaurants in phnom Penh" I. E.
just curious, what is ur involvement with the site, you talk an post like ur a partner.

It succeeds or fails on the posters, I for one wont post most new threads on Thailand cause when ever i do the idea /post is attacked by some poster so
whats the point

BTW k440 is having the same problem with quality post over the last few months.

My $.05 its not new anymore. most people have lived or visited Cambodia and Cambodia is becoming not the place it was a few years ago. Not as much to talk about an
look at the new posts;

What maintenance do you do?
$25 Orbitz Coupon w/Sign Up & 20% Code
Seed potatoes
Composting
Tony Soprano didn't die. Oh, spoiler alert.

BORING>>>>>>>
To some extent, I'm inclined to agree. I feel that the energy of both sites has declined since the civil war and foundation of the new republic.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:50 am

So what could be done about it?
@PhucketRichard. I am just a good friend.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 am

Complaining won't help. Why don't all of you try to create some content. You can literally shape the flow of this site, so do it. Instead of complaining, create.

What discussions have we, the community, missed?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Francis
Expatriate
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 am
Reputation: 0
Vietnam

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by Francis » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:11 am

phuketrichard wrote:My $.05 its not new anymore. most people have lived or visited Cambodia and Cambodia is becoming not the place it was a few years ago. Not as much to talk about an
look at the new posts; ....
Exactly THAT ! Difficult times, and it will get worse I think. It's not the year 2002 anymore.

And please, please, please, NO restaurant reviews. That is sooooooooooo boring, sooooooo booooooooring.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11470
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2855
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Content, or lack thereof

Post by phuketrichard » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:23 am

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Complaining won't help. Why don't all of you try to create some content. You can literally shape the flow of this site, so do it. Instead of complaining, create.

What discussions have we, the community, missed?
wait a minute;
now ur telling us to do something! :please:

or what
the forum will fail?

You seem like a nice guy but u cant make anyone post, if there is nothing interesting no one post

your posts for newbies on that other site is great but we are not newbies and
don't want restaurant reviews,
where to buy meds
where to get compost
where to stay

End of the day this forum is misfits from K440 an only so far u can go with misfits and those that want noting better to do than upset others.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deefer, Google [Bot], Jack.R., John Bingham, NitNoi, phuketrichard and 245 guests