Construction on the riverside

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Construction on the riverside

Post by King Keil »

I am really confused now. There is construction going on at three small stretches on the riverside and I thought they would maybe solve that problem that leads to that terrible piss smell in the middle section of the riverside.
But today I noticed that wastewater is flowing right into the tonle close to these three different sites. The smell was awful and the funny thing is that close by are these boats who wanna sell sunsetcruises. Wonder how their business is going.
Is this only temporarily or is the only place that I really like to go to destroyed?Image
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Construction on the riverside

Post by pczz »

The smell is always worse in dry season as the water flow is reduced so the waste hangs around longer and is more concentrated. i sometimes wonder if people who complain about the smell in Cambodia have ever been to pattaya (or indeed pretty much any part of Thailand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic