Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 1383
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Brody » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 pm

canucklhead wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm
With you on this one. How could she have been assaulted if no one was injured?
If I'm not mistaken, in some jurisdictions assault can include a threat or attempt to commit a physical act that results in harm, while no physical harm is actually committed.

A battery on the other hand always includes a physical act that results in harm.

Anyway, what's the point to all this pontificating? You guys love picking gnat shit out of pepper.
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 84
Kiribati

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Phnom Poon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm

angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 am
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:58 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 pm


You mean with old guys taking advantage of girls and then marrying attractive poor girls half their age++ because they believe they are a handsome man Who then take advantage of their stupidity ? Can be.
Is that different to young guys who use their privileged western upbringing and economic situation to bag girls well beyond their natural abilities?
Nope exactly the same, especially if they are stupid enough to part with their life savings. You sound a little bitter sir, which one are you?
Neither young nor old nor fleeced
Just highlighting hypocrisy
Except you didn't did you? you asked if the same rules apply if they're young I said yes I'd be a hypocrite if I said no. Pick up a dictionary sir, you may learn something. Have a nice day
Did I say your hypocrisy?
Your original post focused on 'old guys taking advantage'
Good day to you too

.

monstra mihi bona!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 152
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by angkorjohn2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Phnom Poon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 am
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Is that different to young guys who use their privileged western upbringing and economic situation to bag girls well beyond their natural abilities?
Nope exactly the same, especially if they are stupid enough to part with their life savings. You sound a little bitter sir, which one are you?
Neither young nor old nor fleeced
Just highlighting hypocrisy
Except you didn't did you? you asked if the same rules apply if they're young I said yes I'd be a hypocrite if I said no. Pick up a dictionary sir, you may learn something. Have a nice day
Did I say your hypocrisy?
Your original post focused on 'old guys taking advantage'
Good day to you too
Well maybe when someone posts a direct response to the content in my original post talking about old guys then I'd say a natural response would be to assume, when you say you are highlighting hypocrisy , that it is indeed my hypocrisy you were challenging. But heck, maybe I'm being too sensitive, :oops:

that's sometimes the problem with internet debates sir :beer3:
Ch1cky
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:39 pm
Reputation: 2
Australia

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Ch1cky » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Immigration police must speak english to work in that department probly only people around who could half understand us aussies. But who knows just another day in cambodia
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 113
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by DaveG » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:59 pm

angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 pm
Phnom Poon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 am
angkorjohn2 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am


Nope exactly the same, especially if they are stupid enough to part with their life savings. You sound a little bitter sir, which one are you?
Neither young nor old nor fleeced
Just highlighting hypocrisy
Except you didn't did you? you asked if the same rules apply if they're young I said yes I'd be a hypocrite if I said no. Pick up a dictionary sir, you may learn something. Have a nice day
Did I say your hypocrisy?
Your original post focused on 'old guys taking advantage'
Good day to you too
Well maybe when someone posts a direct response to the content in my original post talking about old guys then I'd say a natural response would be to assume, when you say you are highlighting hypocrisy , that it is indeed my hypocrisy you were challenging. But heck, maybe I'm being too sensitive, :oops:

that's sometimes the problem with internet debates sir :beer3:
Lol, handbags at dawn :)
Big'n
Expatriate
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 am
Reputation: 32
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Big'n » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am

Duncan wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Should ask the baby. She will know who was at fault
From my personal experience babies of this age don't know how to speak but they are experts at feeling the "vibes" of anyone around them. If these are photos taken by the police at the time of the incident, and by all appearances they are, the fact that the child feels safe in the arms of the father speaks volumes to anyone who's listening.

Secondly, the wife has the eyes of a shark, cold and dead.

Do the math.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 am
Reputation: 63
Australia

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Isaanbarang » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Big'n wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am
Duncan wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Should ask the baby. She will know who was at fault
From my personal experience babies of this age don't know how to speak but they are experts at feeling the "vibes" of anyone around them. If these are photos taken by the police at the time of the incident, and by all appearances they are, the fact that the child feels safe in the arms of the father speaks volumes to anyone who's listening.

Secondly, the wife has the eyes of a shark, cold and dead.

Do the math.
Secondly, the wife has the eyes of a shark, cold and dead. Kind of like a beaten dog?
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 84
Kiribati

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Phnom Poon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm

those photos show, probably unfairly, disparate states of dignity
she, poised in colonial style, he, caught shirtless and possibly agitated

.

monstra mihi bona!
Big'n
Expatriate
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 am
Reputation: 32
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Big'n » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:23 am

Phnom Poon wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm
those photos show, probably unfairly, disparate states of dignity
she, poised in colonial style, he, caught shirtless and possibly agitated
Why is it that the woman is always the victim in the eyes of simpletons?

Look closely at her. No redness in or around the eyes, thus no tears. No evidence of any bruising or injury is visible.

Look at the child. She feels safe and secure in the arms of the father and keeps her eyes on the one who she feels is a threat to her wellbeing, her mother.

Stop being a stooge and open your eyes to see what is really there.
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 84
Kiribati

Re: Cambodian Wife Calls the Cops on Australian Husband in Domestic Dispute

Post by Phnom Poon » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Big'n wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:23 am
Phnom Poon wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm
those photos show, probably unfairly, disparate states of dignity
she, poised in colonial style, he, caught shirtless and possibly agitated
Why is it that the woman is always the victim in the eyes of simpletons?

Look closely at her. No redness in or around the eyes, thus no tears. No evidence of any bruising or injury is visible.

Look at the child. She feels safe and secure in the arms of the father and keeps her eyes on the one who she feels is a threat to her wellbeing, her mother.

Stop being a stooge and open your eyes to see what is really there.
my point is exactly that the choice of photos probably unfairly present the wife as a dignified middle-class victim and the fella less so

.

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andy1, Bing [Bot], Chad Sexington, Cowshed Cowboy, Google [Bot], Terry Fishsauce and 264 guests