Cambodia Work Permit Consultancy: All Foreigners With an "E" Visa Need a Work Permit

Got a question, idea, etc that doesn't fit in anywhere else? No problem. Just a simple place to chat.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia Work Permit Consultancy: All Foreigners With an "E" Visa Need a Work Permit

Postby Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Tue May 03, 2016 8:45 am

Yeah, and obvious sales pitch.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Cambodia Work Permit Consultancy: All Foreigners With an "E" Visa Need a Work Permit

Postby Duncan » Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 am

juansweetpotato wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell me if I need a motorbike license or not?
And also, do you need a marriage licence if you are living with a Cambodian girl, or will a engagement licence do if you are screwing a bargirl short time. It would be really embarrassing to be pulled out of the line at immigration and be accused of doing something illegal like that.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Postby phuketrichard » Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

correct me if i am wrong, but to get a wp don't u need a place of work? and doesn't ur employer have to give you something verifying ur working?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Postby TheGrinchSR » Tue May 03, 2016 9:17 am

phuketrichard wrote:correct me if i am wrong, but to get a wp don't u need a place of work? and doesn't ur employer have to give you something verifying ur working?
Lol. It's Cambodia. All you need is money to get a work-permit. Money they'd like in their pockets and not yours.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Postby PSD-Kiwi » Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 am

phuketrichard wrote:correct me if i am wrong, but to get a wp don't u need a place of work? and doesn't ur employer have to give you something verifying ur working?
You need an Employer reference number, without this the MoLVT will NOT issue you a WP, and they will tell you "no work, no need". This is based on my personal experience as I actually went to the MoLVA and attempted to apply for a WP.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Palestine

Postby vladimir » Tue May 03, 2016 12:04 pm

If you have a job, simply give them the name of your employer, and add a polite FO, in Swahili..
Oh, Carruthers, if you can hear me, wave your antennae.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Postby Username Taken » Tue May 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Did no-one bother to google the phone number in the OP?

OK, I'll do it . . . .

Here you go:
http://www.property-in-cambodia.com/
https://www.facebook.com/PropertyInCambodia/

:hattip:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
LTO
Expatriate

Postby LTO » Tue May 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Username Taken wrote:Did no-one bother to google the phone number in the OP?

OK, I'll do it . . . .

Here you go:
http://www.property-in-cambodia.com/
https://www.facebook.com/PropertyInCambodia/

:hattip:
I couldn't even be bothered to open facebook.

So I wonder when Property in Cambodia acquired the Immigration Department? Or maybe when they said "our immigration department," they were drawing a contrast between US Khmers and YOU foreigners.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 03, 2016 5:27 pm

how about fuck off, cunts!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
LTO
Expatriate

Postby LTO » Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Interesting that this visa shop is claiming that 'everybody with an E-type visa requires a work permit'.

Is that true, or is that a lie/misinformation in order to drum up business? What of children, non-working spouses and retirees?Wouldn't speak very well of their abilities to acquire the correct legal paperwork for people if they are lying or or misinformed about the actual legal requirements.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk