BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:33 pm

General Mackevili wrote:^ Thank you, Devil's Advocate.

^ ^ Advocatus Diaboli, please :whip: But thanx for looking into it.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 194
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Username Taken » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:Well, because nobody here is willing or has the guts to answer Twiggy's question........(Username Taken !!!.....at least you could have answered)

What are you on about? "No-one has the guts to answer? " What is that meant to imply?
I am a voluntary Moderator. I also have a day job, and I also have a family. Sometimes I have better things to do than moderate 'adults' behaving like children.
Advocatus Diaboli wrote: Yes, the whole thing is a bit illogical. Newer members have limited karma options. First you can't give karma at all, and after a few posts you can give (or take away) 1 karma point only. In your case somebody just took advantage of this system. Never mind - make another 20 posts or so and then it's payback time :wink:
Members need 15 posts before they can use karma. I am not aware of any limitations on how much karma can be given or taken away. Perhaps Twiggy was confused.
Twiggy wrote:What this ? You block IP ? Why? No good. Already difficult to get conection from China.
Yes of course we block IP's. When we get spammers and other undesirables their IP is blocked.
I agree that this is not always perfect, as it can affect other legitimate posters. But if you've got a better idea, feel free to share it.

Twiggy wrote:Mesay this:

Image

I think no wrong. Do you ?
The image you posted was offensive. If you posted that image with my name on it I too would have taken away 5 karma. And possibly given a short ban.
"He took away 5 karma, so I should do the same". Very childish tit-for-tat behaviour. If you make offensive comments, then you should expect some kind of backlash.

Anyway, what gives you the right to tell posters that 'Chairman Mao say, smoking cannabis is bad.' (I'm sure Chairman Mao probably enjoyed his opium pipe).
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Username Taken wrote: I am not aware of any limitations on how much karma can be given or taken away. Perhaps Twiggy was confused.
Well, now you are (aware of that). I had the same problem and therefore Twiggy was right with her statement. Why don't you just check out her account and try to give somebody Karma ?
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 5402
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 230
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby phuketrichard » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

ad;
u should be so happy & thankful, with ur attitude and view points, ur on ceo
on k440 ( along with a few other recent members)
you wouldn't last 1 day
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:35 pm

????? Why??? Because I'm opposed to illegal drugs ? Richard, I know that you are just a normal guy, but -you know- sometimes you've got to cut out that asshole attitude.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 194
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Username Taken » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm

I have no issue with you, or anyone else, being opposed to illegal drugs, but I think Richard was referring to Twiggy.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Username Taken wrote:I have no issue with you, or anyone else, being opposed to illegal drugs, but I think Richard was referring to Twiggy.
Good that you say that, thank you. But in this case -at least I've got the feeling- Richard is a bit overreacting. I personally take it easy - he can do whatever he wants to do. What he can't do or what he shouldn't do is to attack people with a controversal opinion. HEY !! PLEASE.,....can't we avoid backstabbing and murder because of this topic ? How about a normal, civilized conversation ?
User avatar
Therapist
Expatriate
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 am
Karma: 0
Location: Carpathians

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Therapist » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:31 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
Username Taken wrote:I have no issue with you, or anyone else, being opposed to illegal drugs, but I think Richard was referring to Twiggy.
Good that you say that, thank you. But in this case -at least I've got the feeling- Richard is a bit overreacting. I personally take it easy - he can do whatever he wants to do. What he can't do or what he shouldn't do is to attack people with a controversal opinion. HEY !! PLEASE.,....can't we avoid backstabbing and murder because of this topic ? How about a normal, civilized conversation ?
Anchor Moy convinced me that you were conducting an exercise in rhetoric and playing devil’s advocate to further the dialogue.
BUT
You were hiding behind the guise of playing “devil’s advocate” when convenient, while actually putting forth a highly personal opinion.

When you opposed my stance on the decriminalization of marijuana you were extending a genuine argument and NOT playing devil’s advocate? Hmmm

When you came to Flying Chicken’s defense you were NOT playing devil’s advocate? Hmmmm

You tell Richard to cut out the “asshole attitude” and then call for “civil conversation.” You bump heads with the mods here and scoffer when he visits CEO. Your arguments intentionally diverge into strawman and other logical fallacies.

In any case, you can always feign innocence by saying you were playing devil’s advocate.

AD, you’re a Cheeky son of a gun and I’m disappointed you weren’t playing Devil’s Advocate. I look forward to a “normal civil conversation” with you on a myriad of topics. :twisted:
User avatar
BOFH
Expatriate
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:27 am
Karma: 0

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby BOFH » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:58 am

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:Here you got a problem - because most IPs are blocked you are forced to use insecure exit nodes (that's how I interprete this message). I'd say if you get such a message log off immediately, clean your browser (CCleaner ?) and try to use a different exit node (try Japan).
127.0.0.1 is localhost and not "insecure exit nodes". The problem description is as good as it gets, something connects to 127.0.0.1:443 bypassing SOCKS settings - you can't proxy connections to localhost. Not entirely sure of what would be looking for HTTPS on localhost, but disabling JavaScript with NoScript! in the bundle is a good idea (will break much of site behavior, of course).

Twiggy is posting screenshots of the Tor Browser Bundle. It creates nothing to clean as it's in permanent incognito.
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:21 pm

BOFH wrote: 127.0.0.1 is localhost and not "insecure exit nodes". The problem description is as good as it gets, something connects to 127.0.0.1:443 bypassing SOCKS settings - you can't proxy connections to localhost. Not entirely sure of what would be looking for HTTPS on localhost, but disabling JavaScript with NoScript! in the bundle is a good idea (will break much of site behavior, of course).
Yes, I just saw that - you are right of course. But why would an exit node redirect to localhost, and why is Vidalia coming up with this warning message ? Btw, as far as I can tell from the screenshots JavaScript and NoScript is disabled.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 161 guests