BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Postby General Mackevili » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:38 pm

BOFH wrote:Titles are all annoying with the new layout. All my tabs are named "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats"... It would be preferrable to have the thread title at the very beginning.

The gray/blue difference that highlights whether a thread has new posts or not isn't very clear to me. Maybe I'm color blind but it's pretty hard to see the difference between them.
Yep, good stuff, thx.
Anchor Moy wrote:Also, when you reach the end of a thread there is no instant click to get you back to the page or to the index or whatever.
At least that's how it is for me - there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of the page, so you have to go back up the page manually and click on the CEO heading to change threads.

Ideally, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to continue to explore other subjects on CEO, don't you ? (Without giving them time to think that they should be doing something else ? :) )
Ah, yes, that was the other thing I noticed right off the back!

If it's a 3-page thread, I have to manually type in the next page number, not just "next" at that bottom like before. I'm sure OD can sort that. :thumb:

Thx
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Postby Samouth » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:22 am

This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:02 am

Samouth wrote:This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

You better not be downloading copyrighted shows or movies...

Thx, OD will have to look into that too...

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Postby Samouth » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:46 am

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:This happened to me so many times when i clicked view your posts. It is really annoying.

You better not be downloading copyrighted shows or movies...

Thx, OD will have to look into that too...
I think it was the problem. i just uninstalled it and it didn't happen again. :thumb:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Postby Anchor Moy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 am

Just generally I'm having problems to post for the past 24h. Either "Error Time Out" page, or else stuck in the limbo world of waiting for Preview while I try to edit, which doesn't connect. Not every time. But enough to be a pain . The Error page just wipes the whole post.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Postby Anchor Moy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
BOFH wrote:Titles are all annoying with the new layout. All my tabs are named "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats", "Cambodia Expats"... It would be preferrable to have the thread title at the very beginning.

The gray/blue difference that highlights whether a thread has new posts or not isn't very clear to me. Maybe I'm color blind but it's pretty hard to see the difference between them.
Yep, good stuff, thx.
Anchor Moy wrote:Also, when you reach the end of a thread there is no instant click to get you back to the page or to the index or whatever.
At least that's how it is for me - there is absolutely nothing at the bottom of the page, so you have to go back up the page manually and click on the CEO heading to change threads.

Ideally, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to continue to explore other subjects on CEO, don't you ? (Without giving them time to think that they should be doing something else ? :) )
Ah, yes, that was the other thing I noticed right off the back!

If it's a 3-page thread, I have to manually type in the next page number, not just "next" at that bottom like before. I'm sure OD can sort that. :thumb:

Thx
yeah, the whole page number thing pisses me off as well. working on it.

as for the page titles, resolved back to how the other system does them.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
And what about ^ this, OD?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:02 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:And again - it's Error 524 to be precise - connection to CEO was cut.
And what about ^ this, OD?
zero clue. nothing on the server about an outage... and i've been hitting it pretty constantly all morning while making these updates to debug/check stuff and had zero issues.

• Advertisement
Booking.com