BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 109

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by newkidontheblock » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote:This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
Same here. That could possibly be based on which keyboard you have.
Starting with the generic iPhone keyboard, the bug is still there in a keyboards. Post a reply or start a new thread, the keyboard automatically comes up from the bottom and obscures the buttons at the bottom to insert video or photo.

The old trick of double tapping on text does not make the keyboard go away and reveal the hidden buttons.

Only by hitting reply does the keyboard go away and reveal the options to insert a photo. Of course, it’s too late.


How does one see karma points in Tapatalk.

How does one see ‘
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15313
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 957
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 pm

newkidontheblock wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote:This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
Same here. That could possibly be based on which keyboard you have.
Starting with the generic iPhone keyboard, the bug is still there in a keyboards. Post a reply or start a new thread, the keyboard automatically comes up from the bottom and obscures the buttons at the bottom to insert video or photo.

The old trick of double tapping on text does not make the keyboard go away and reveal the hidden buttons.

Only by hitting reply does the keyboard go away and reveal the options to insert a photo. Of course, it’s too late.


How does one see karma points in Tapatalk.

How does one see ‘
You iPhone users need a back button. And a headphone jack. And memory card slots. And a fingerprint scanner.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 265
Korea North

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by fax » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am

Oooh I can annoy people with 0 karma points now without hitting the -50 cap!!!

reputation/details/post/287880

Image
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15313
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 957
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm

fax wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am
Oooh I can annoy people with 0 karma points now without hitting the -50 cap!!!

reputation/details/post/287880

Image
How in the hell did you do that? I don't see the option, lol.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm
Reputation: 73
Canada

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Gardiguy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:44 pm

I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15313
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 957
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Gardiguy wrote:I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
It would have likely been a setting you changed for yourself.

I can change it for you if you want. Yes?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm
Reputation: 73
Canada

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Gardiguy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:51 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Gardiguy wrote:I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
It would have likely been a setting you changed for yourself.

I can change it for you if you want. Yes?
Sure, if you could please.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15313
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 957
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Gardiguy wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:51 pm
General Mackevili wrote:
Gardiguy wrote:I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
It would have likely been a setting you changed for yourself.

I can change it for you if you want. Yes?
Sure, if you could please.
Sorted. Well, it should be. Let us know if not. :thumb:

P.S. Media uploads should be sorted soon, all. Sorry for delay.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Reputation: 79
Location: Siem Reap
Netherlands

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Sidewalker » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 pm

If I like to place a link from the BBC news site the link doesn't appear but the BBC logo. Any one who has a explanation?
Example:
I'm a second hand vegetarian.
The cow eat grass, I eat the cow
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 8057
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 649
Tokelau

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Anchor Moy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 pm



BBC links block for me too. Could it be something to do with this ?
I can't post the link of course, so have copy-pasted a bbc article explaining why BBC websites are blocked in China.
BBC websites blocked in China after security change
7 August 2018

The BBC's web services are all currently blocked in China, following a decision by the corporation to change the website's format.

It has altered all of its addresses from beginning "HTTP" to "HTTPS", which is widely considered to be a more secure connection but is routinely blocked in China.

In a statement, the BBC recommended the use of either a virtual private network (VPN) or the Psiphon app.

Both of these can circumvent the block.
Why HTTPS?

In a recent blog post, James Donohue, principal software engineer in BBC News, explained why the website had made the transition and why BBC pages now had a green padlock next to the address on the top left hand side.

"In a climate of anxiety around fake news, it's vital that users are able to determine that articles have not been tampered with and that their browsing history is private to them," he wrote.

"HTTPS achieves both of these as it makes it far more difficult for ISPs [internet service providers] to track which articles and videos you're looking at or selectively suppress individual pieces of content.

"We've seen cases outside the UK, with some of our World Service sites where foreign governments have tried to do this."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post