BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by newkidontheblock »

General Mackevili wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote:This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
Same here. That could possibly be based on which keyboard you have.
Starting with the generic iPhone keyboard, the bug is still there in a keyboards. Post a reply or start a new thread, the keyboard automatically comes up from the bottom and obscures the buttons at the bottom to insert video or photo.

The old trick of double tapping on text does not make the keyboard go away and reveal the hidden buttons.

Only by hitting reply does the keyboard go away and reveal the options to insert a photo. Of course, it’s too late.

How does one see karma points in Tapatalk.

How does one see ‘
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

newkidontheblock wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote:This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
Same here. That could possibly be based on which keyboard you have.
Starting with the generic iPhone keyboard, the bug is still there in a keyboards. Post a reply or start a new thread, the keyboard automatically comes up from the bottom and obscures the buttons at the bottom to insert video or photo.

The old trick of double tapping on text does not make the keyboard go away and reveal the hidden buttons.

Only by hitting reply does the keyboard go away and reveal the options to insert a photo. Of course, it’s too late.

How does one see karma points in Tapatalk.

How does one see ‘
You iPhone users need a back button. And a headphone jack. And memory card slots. And a fingerprint scanner.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Oooh I can annoy people with 0 karma points now without hitting the -50 cap!!!

reputation/details/post/287880

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

fax wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am Oooh I can annoy people with 0 karma points now without hitting the -50 cap!!!

reputation/details/post/287880

How in the hell did you do that? I don't see the option, lol.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Gardiguy wrote:I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission
It would have likely been a setting you changed for yourself.

I can change it for you if you want. Yes?

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

General Mackevili wrote:
Gardiguy wrote:I can't send or receive dm's for some reason. Says I don't have permission

Sure, if you could please.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Gardiguy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:51 pm
General Mackevili wrote:

Sure, if you could please.
Sorted. Well, it should be. Let us know if not. :thumb:

P.S. Media uploads should be sorted soon, all. Sorry for delay.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

If I like to place a link from the BBC news site the link doesn't appear but the BBC logo. Any one who has a explanation?
Example:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

BBC links block for me too. Could it be something to do with this ?
I can't post the link of course, so have copy-pasted a bbc article explaining why BBC websites are blocked in China.
BBC websites blocked in China after security change
7 August 2018

The BBC's web services are all currently blocked in China, following a decision by the corporation to change the website's format.

It has altered all of its addresses from beginning "HTTP" to "HTTPS", which is widely considered to be a more secure connection but is routinely blocked in China.

In a statement, the BBC recommended the use of either a virtual private network (VPN) or the Psiphon app.

Both of these can circumvent the block.
Why HTTPS?

In a recent blog post, James Donohue, principal software engineer in BBC News, explained why the website had made the transition and why BBC pages now had a green padlock next to the address on the top left hand side.

"In a climate of anxiety around fake news, it's vital that users are able to determine that articles have not been tampered with and that their browsing history is private to them," he wrote.

"HTTPS achieves both of these as it makes it far more difficult for ISPs [internet service providers] to track which articles and videos you're looking at or selectively suppress individual pieces of content.

"We've seen cases outside the UK, with some of our World Service sites where foreign governments have tried to do this."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic