Bodyguards

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Bodyguards

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

nightmare.believer wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
sanjuro wrote:Where can I hire a couple of bodyguards in PP? --Not sleepy hotel guards.

Can anyone recommend a place, a business or freelance?
They don't necessarily have to be armed. Barang, Khmer, etc. A couple of fit, intimidating guys, with a few skills, or maybe unassuming guys with the spirit of Bruce Lee. Potential opponents would be Nigerian and Khmer thugs.
Any ballpark figure of cost?--24 hr and or on call.

All info appreciated.

PM is cool too.
If you actually NEED bodyguards in Phnom Penh- 1- You better make sure they are Cambodians of the Khmer sort. 2- They should be armed. I don't understand because you are just presenting a scenario that seems to me would bring unwanted attention to you and if shit went down, what are your unarmed bodyguards going to do when an actually gun is drawn by some RCAF fucker or something of the likes?

Are you actually in Cambodia? I mean, do you look around and see how shit works here? Barrang bodyguard lol..... hahaahahahahhhah. I just.... holy fuck.. haha.. wow.
All the King's bodyguards are foreigners, you retard.
Yes, N.B., it is me who is coming off as retarded. I won't insult you back though.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 3:25 am
Reputation: 3
United States of America

Re: Bodyguards

Post by nightmare.believer »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
nightmare.believer wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
sanjuro wrote:Where can I hire a couple of bodyguards in PP? --Not sleepy hotel guards.

Can anyone recommend a place, a business or freelance?
They don't necessarily have to be armed. Barang, Khmer, etc. A couple of fit, intimidating guys, with a few skills, or maybe unassuming guys with the spirit of Bruce Lee. Potential opponents would be Nigerian and Khmer thugs.
Any ballpark figure of cost?--24 hr and or on call.

All info appreciated.

PM is cool too.
If you actually NEED bodyguards in Phnom Penh- 1- You better make sure they are Cambodians of the Khmer sort. 2- They should be armed. I don't understand because you are just presenting a scenario that seems to me would bring unwanted attention to you and if shit went down, what are your unarmed bodyguards going to do when an actually gun is drawn by some RCAF fucker or something of the likes?

Are you actually in Cambodia? I mean, do you look around and see how shit works here? Barrang bodyguard lol..... hahaahahahahhhah. I just.... holy fuck.. haha.. wow.
All the King's bodyguards are foreigners, you retard.
Yes, N.B., it is me who is coming off as retarded. I won't insult you back though.
I didn't insult you; I quoted facts: THE KING has barang bodyguards and you are retarded.
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3585
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 752

Re: Bodyguards

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Though his wording is poor, I think it's pretty clear the OP just wants hired goons, not actual professional bodyguards (as people seem to have assumed both here and on K440)...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Bodyguards

Post by EdinWigan »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Though his wording is poor, I think it's pretty clear the OP just wants hired goons, not actual professional bodyguards (as people seem to have assumed both here and on K440)...
I thought I grasped that in my pennies worth, tbh
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1029
Australia

Re: Bodyguards

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:I saw a gecko eat a mosquito tonight if anyone's interested.
: popcorn: Was it a big mosquito?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17161
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2129
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Bodyguards

Post by General Mackevili »

sanjuro wrote:
Potential opponents would be Nigerian and Khmer thugs.
I would just hire the Nigerians.

By the sound of it, I suggest a few of your bodyguards need to be armed, for sure, if you're worried about other Nigerians or Khmer thugs.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Bodyguards

Post by EdinWigan »

I think there are people on here, in that profession and with 'Real Time' current expertise, who could advise you on this matter.

I know there are regulars on here, who choose PP to R n R, so I am thinking they know a situation and how best to handle it but best that chat goes on, initially by PM but realistically by other conduits. But that is non of my business or concern.

:Search:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Bodyguards

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote:
vladimir wrote:I saw a gecko eat a mosquito tonight if anyone's interested.
: popcorn: Was it a big mosquito?
It was wearing a suit.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 am
Reputation: 3
Australia

Re: Bodyguards

Post by Born-Confused »

I knew one of the former co-prosecutors on the ECCC a few years back - he had a couple of Russian bodyguards who were massive, and looked were built like Dolph Lundgren......... he was messed with by nobody! Perhaps there may be some of these goons around Kompong Som??
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3615
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 717

Re: Bodyguards

Post by Kuroneko »

vladimir wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
vladimir wrote:I saw a gecko eat a mosquito tonight if anyone's interested.
: popcorn: Was it a big mosquito?
It was wearing a suit.
Must have been a drone

Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CEOCambodiaNews, Ghostwriter, Google [Bot], hburns, itsmebossho, Jamie_Lambo, Joakim, John Bingham, Majestic-12 [Bot], nemo, Sheepdog, StephenJimSowten, STEVITO, xandreu and 342 guests