Best Sunday roast?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Best Sunday roast?

Post by Captain Bonez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm

Rustic restaurant on st.322 got a sweet sunday roast :thumb:
Keep your money in your socks and fuck with your socks on

̿ ̿'̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm

i like the one at The Pub on 174, couldnt even finish the last one i had there (slightly due to hangover, slightly due to the fact its half a chicken)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm

Imagine if the pub actually put the effort in their Sunday roast then rustic restaurant would be the result. The pub's potatoes are probably what eating dead cancerous testicles taste like and the chicken is usually drier than a nun's cunt, portion size isn't so bad, but you gotta drown that fucker in gravy
Keep your money in your socks and fuck with your socks on

̿ ̿'̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Post by John Bingham » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 pm

I'm putting my vote in for Buffalo Sister. I've never actually been there but I've ordered it plenty of times and their Sunday roast has a choice of roast chicken/pork/ beef,then comes with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots/green beans, stuffing, pumpkin mash, gravy and a few other bits and pieces like pork scratchings. None of the other roasts come close in the range or quality.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 am

Captain Bonez wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm
Imagine if the pub actually put the effort in their Sunday roast then rustic restaurant would be the result. The pub's potatoes are probably what eating dead cancerous testicles taste like and the chicken is usually drier than a nun's cunt, portion size isn't so bad, but you gotta drown that fucker in gravy
ahhhhhhhh yeah now i remember why i couldnt finish it, the chicken was dry as fuck, they asked if i wanted to take the remainder home but i really didnt want it

when id eaten it in the old location though about a year before it was decent
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Back home in a few days, just in time for my mum's roast, she can make a bloody good one! Let me know if anyone wants one, I know this doesn't help but in just super excited
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Captain Bonez wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm
I gues you havent been since they changed ched last year then?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:24 am

You guys should post some photos.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:40 am

armchairlawyer wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm
Skirts Bar/Restaurant, st 174, opposite the old St Tropez. The quality (and quantity) is very good and the price is very reasonable at (I believe) $7 including one drink. Some meats are priced higher. Available from 2pm until not sure when but quite late.
Seconded. Chicken is $7 and you get half a chicken. Some cooking issues last year but Not had any problems since they changed the chef. Msot people tend to like thier veggies underdone so if you like yours mushy ask
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic