Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 12849
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1330
Location: Pig Penh
Contact:
Great Britain

Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun May 01, 2016 5:17 pm

So... whos been to an Apsara Show in Siem Reap? Any recommendations or places to avoid??

Angkor Village Apsara Theatre seems to have good reviews, $25 including a meal according to online

some tour place was telling me about one which is $10 inc meal, but from what ive read online its not the best

theres also the one above Temple Bar on Pubstreet thats free when ordering a meal/drink, this one actually goes on for 2 hours
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 8189
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 716
Tokelau

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Anchor Moy » Sun May 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Do you still get a free T-shirt when you order a bucket at the Temple Bar ?
Sorry,no idea about the dancers, but Temple Bar is kinda noisy. Go for the posh one, at least the food should be good. :thumb:
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 12849
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1330
Location: Pig Penh
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun May 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:Do you still get a free T-shirt when you order a bucket at the Temple Bar ?
Sorry,no idea about the dancers, but Temple Bar is kinda noisy. Go for the posh one, at least the food should be good. :thumb:
yeah it has a set menu of cambodian cuisine its on fairly late 8pm ish so plenty of time to cool down after boxing (plus its the only place that has aircon apparently)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 8189
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 716
Tokelau

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Anchor Moy » Sun May 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Don't forget to post a report then. And some photos if possible. :beer3:
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 3819
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 539
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Sun May 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Angkor Village. The cheaper places will have you do battle with hundreds of Chinese/Koreans....
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 12849
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1330
Location: Pig Penh
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun May 01, 2016 11:13 pm

hanno wrote:Angkor Village. The cheaper places will have you do battle with hundreds of Chinese/Koreans....
yeah as the reviews mentioned, and the food is like a buffet that doesnt get re stocked, and after seeing that video of the chinese at that buffet restaurant i dont fancy that lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 8189
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 716
Tokelau

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Anchor Moy » Mon May 02, 2016 12:26 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
hanno wrote:Angkor Village. The cheaper places will have you do battle with hundreds of Chinese/Koreans....
yeah as the reviews mentioned, and the food is like a buffet that doesnt get re stocked, and after seeing that video of the chinese at that buffet restaurant i dont fancy that lol
Tonight's buffet: :whip:
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 12849
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1330
Location: Pig Penh
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon May 02, 2016 9:21 am

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
hanno wrote:Angkor Village. The cheaper places will have you do battle with hundreds of Chinese/Koreans....
yeah as the reviews mentioned, and the food is like a buffet that doesnt get re stocked, and after seeing that video of the chinese at that buffet restaurant i dont fancy that lol
Tonight's buffet: :whip:
animals
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 3819
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 539
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Best Apsara Show in Siem Reap

Post by hanno » Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
hanno wrote:Angkor Village. The cheaper places will have you do battle with hundreds of Chinese/Koreans....
yeah as the reviews mentioned, and the food is like a buffet that doesnt get re stocked, and after seeing that video of the chinese at that buffet restaurant i dont fancy that lol
Tonight's buffet: :whip:
animals

In all honesty, I have seen this sort of behavior from various nationalities. The reason most hoteliers hate buffets....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cautious colin and 278 guests