Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 am.
If you go the embassys page and read its roles it states clearly to protect its citizens abroad
[/quote]

How do you think an embassy is supposed to protect its citizens from their drug or alcohol issues?

by Feelgood » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm

The Embassy staff should all be fired and replaced with people who can do the job up

Embassies do not make the policies they follow the policies that are given to them by the Foreign Office who takes orders from the politicians. Why piss on someone for doing their job?

Ibiza alone would bankrupt an already bankrupted UK with the amount of F ed up brits doing drugs and drink and getting into problems. Next you two will be demanding a roll of bubble wrap be given with each passport issued.
[/quote]

Im not talking about people that fuck thereselves up. But there is every possibility this guy got beaten etc. Dont see the usual load of posters saying his always drunk here and there.he could well of got in trouble out of his own hands and thus deserves help.

And the reason you piss on someone for doing or not doing there job is because they are the representative for when you complain.if they cant help you they should move it along to someone who can.if you buy something from a big brand shop and it dont work or whatever.you take it back and complain to the shop salesman.if he doesnt satisfy your needs you complain and moan to them.no different in any business/organisation be it embassies or shops.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:21 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 am.
If you go the embassys page and read its roles it states clearly to protect its citizens abroad
How do you think an embassy is supposed to protect its citizens from their drug or alcohol issues?

by Feelgood » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm

The Embassy staff should all be fired and replaced with people who can do the job up

Embassies do not make the policies they follow the policies that are given to them by the Foreign Office who takes orders from the politicians. Why piss on someone for doing their job?

Ibiza alone would bankrupt an already bankrupted UK with the amount of F ed up brits doing drugs and drink and getting into problems. Next you two will be demanding a roll of bubble wrap be given with each passport issued.
[/quote] Dont see the usual load of posters saying his always drunk here and there

Im not talking about people that fuck thereselves up. But there is every possibility this guy got beaten etc..he could well of got in trouble out of his own hands and thus deserves help.

And the reason you piss on someone for doing or not doing there job is because they are the representative for when you complain.if they cant help you they should move it along to someone who can.if you buy something from a big brand shop and it dont work or whatever.you take it back and complain to the shop salesman.if he doesnt satisfy your needs you complain and moan to them.no different in any business/organisation be it embassies or shops.
[/quote]

by DingDong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:52 am

He is a psycho. I saw him a couple weeks ago on Riverside and warned him that a criminal gqng was about to rob him.. gangsters hanging around him... He folliwed me away from them and then.. accused me of 'threatening' him and that I looked like a criminal.
I made tracks away from him then as it looked as if he was either psycho or super drugged .

Apparently he has been seen and his attitude to being helped is noted. Not all jerks are weel known.

Yes as I explained if you don t like the policies of the UK government, you have the opportunity to change the UK government. Voting is what it is called. Pissing on the mailman because stamps cost too much won t do anything the same with firing the embassy staff for following government policy. If you don t think the policy is correct, send a letter to your MP and express your concerns.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 am
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:21 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 am.
If you go the embassys page and read its roles it states clearly to protect its citizens abroad
How do you think an embassy is supposed to protect its citizens from their drug or alcohol issues?

by Feelgood » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm

The Embassy staff should all be fired and replaced with people who can do the job up

Embassies do not make the policies they follow the policies that are given to them by the Foreign Office who takes orders from the politicians. Why piss on someone for doing their job?

Ibiza alone would bankrupt an already bankrupted UK with the amount of F ed up brits doing drugs and drink and getting into problems. Next you two will be demanding a roll of bubble wrap be given with each passport issued.
Dont see the usual load of posters saying his always drunk here and there

Im not talking about people that fuck thereselves up. But there is every possibility this guy got beaten etc..he could well of got in trouble out of his own hands and thus deserves help.

And the reason you piss on someone for doing or not doing there job is because they are the representative for when you complain.if they cant help you they should move it along to someone who can.if you buy something from a big brand shop and it dont work or whatever.you take it back and complain to the shop salesman.if he doesnt satisfy your needs you complain and moan to them.no different in any business/organisation be it embassies or shops.
[/quote]

by DingDong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:52 am

He is a psycho. I saw him a couple weeks ago on Riverside and warned him that a criminal gqng was about to rob him.. gangsters hanging around him... He folliwed me away from them and then.. accused me of 'threatening' him and that I looked like a criminal.
I made tracks away from him then as it looked as if he was either psycho or super drugged .

Apparently he has been seen and his attitude to being helped is noted. Not all jerks are weel known.

Yes as I explained if you don t like the policies of the UK government, you have the opportunity to change the UK government. Voting is what it is called. Pissing on the mailman because stamps cost too much won t do anything the same with firing the embassy staff for following government policy. If you don t think the policy is correct, send a letter to your MP and express your concerns.
[/quote]
I must of missed that post and if he is an idiot then fair enough.
As for the uk, i left there a longtime ago because of the shithole it has become and i have no desire to return.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

So according to multiple people looking for this guy.apparently he is a good guy who got spiked robbed and beaten.still doesnt deserve help??
I might add as reported on multiple fb pages
Jduffy
Tourist
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm
Reputation: 9
Great Britain

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Jduffy »

This guy is called Nicky Smith and is a real good guy and friend, he’s recently been through a bad time. I will arrive tonight to support him. The hospital will tell me nothing over the phone, please try to stop yourself from judging as karma can be cruel
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

Jduffy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm This guy is called Nicky Smith and is a real good guy and friend, he’s recently been through a bad time. I will arrive tonight to support him. The hospital will tell me nothing over the phone, please try to stop yourself from judging as karma can be cruel
Good on you john. There can be some shit responses on here from people on here to eager to bash someone before they know the full story.glad his ok.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:12 pm
Jduffy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm This guy is called Nicky Smith and is a real good guy and friend, he’s recently been through a bad time. I will arrive tonight to support him. The hospital will tell me nothing over the phone, please try to stop yourself from judging as karma can be cruel
Good on you john. There can be some shit responses on here from people on here to eager to bash someone before they know the full story.glad his ok.
so 1 guy says he is a top bloke who has been through a bad time and another guy who says he is a druggie and aggressive. From that 50/50 split you are not only able to determine the badly burnt brit is ok, accuse others of shit responses and know the full story. Not only are your posts supporting the man vindicated but so are your insults concerning the British embassy.

My only question Soriya, is how were you also able to determine Jduffy's Christian name is John?
User avatar
Gator
Expatriate
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm
Reputation: 88
United States of America

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Gator »

I'm pretty sure I saw this guy last week, sleeping on a bench while I was going for a morning run on the riverside. He was looking rough, but didn't have burns on his face when I saw him.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

From various facebook posts on various facebook pages. And why are you so eager to assume someone is a wrong un? Could you not be wrong? And regards the brit thing. I paid my dues for over 30 years. Never claimed a penny from the government.paid my taxes and stamps from the day i was legally due to do.so yes if i wanna think shit about my home country i will do.
Sorry i didnt use quote but am responding to you weiner.
User avatar
Soriya
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm
Reputation: 206
Cambodia

Re: Badly Burnt Brit with Memory Problems Dropped Off at Calmette Hospital & Needs Your Help

Post by Soriya »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:44 pm
Soriya wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:12 pm
Jduffy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm This guy is called Nicky Smith and is a real good guy and friend, he’s recently been through a bad time. I will arrive tonight to support him. The hospital will tell me nothing over the phone, please try to stop yourself from judging as karma can be cruel
Good on you john. There can be some shit responses on here from people on here to eager to bash someone before they know the full story.glad his ok.
so 1 guy says he is a top bloke who has been through a bad time and another guy who says he is a druggie and aggressive. From that 50/50 split you are not only able to determine the badly burnt brit is ok, accuse others of shit responses and know the full story. Not only are your posts supporting the man vindicated but so are your insults concerning the British embassy.

My only question Soriya, is how were you also able to determine Jduffy's Christian name is John?
And i might also add you say 1 man says his good so he must be. But 1 man saying his bad, does that mean he has to be?
I know duffys name is john frm fb posts.never met spoke to or seen the guy.but for someone looking out for a friend he sounds like a good guy to.me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 99olli, andy1, bunfuntamun, Google [Bot], Ingvar 7788, laredo, Majestic-12 [Bot], TWY, Woody, yongchi and 360 guests