Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Reputation: 230
United States of America

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by angkorjohn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Jenny Tailwarts wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am
So I trawled through this great waffling shite and then remembered - I am certain I saw this creepy prick when I was there this weekend; the time stamps fit the time I was there enough to sign up and post.

So, assuming you are a 50 something white male, with Grey (to White) hair wearing IIRC a Blue/Grey T-Shirt, waist high elasticated Jeans (maybe cargo pants) with a black rucksack across both shoulders, and a large SLR Camera across your gut you gave me concern at around 4.30pm when you were taking photos of a young Khmer woman and her baby while they were sat on the floor outside the Segafredo Coffee shop that I mentioned you to my wife.

Now, while you are happy to cast aspersions as to "two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose" I am happy to concur with their judgement that you did indeed look like "an old and sick pervert" and maybe you doth protest too much.
Well you're a fool to assume I even have hair or wear trousers. How foolish to fall for stereotypes as well. I always judge a person according to their character not their clothes.
That is an odd response SB. Someone is saying they saw some guy doing what they felt was kinda concerning actions with a camera. They gave a pretty detailed description an you retort they are a fool to assume you have trousers or hair (hopefully you had something on your bottom half).

Now they ain't assuming anything they said some older guy who looked as they described was acting in a way that made them uncomfortable at roughly the same time you were there.

Now if that wasn;t me I'd have said "sorry that wasn't me, I have no hair I wasn't wearing any trousers and do not have a black rucksack and my camera is actually a little point an click" or whatever.

The fact that you don't say this and then say people should be judged not by their clothes - I think they were judging the person in question by their actions, clothes were just to check if it was you. SO was that you?

Seems your story flips around a bit which happens, you wrote it as soon as you got home and were clearly upset by the actions of the two guys people miss details and not always easy to convey everything in writing as it happened when you got CSI-CEO all over your story.

However, the fact that someone has said they also saw someone and gave a clear description. Was it you?

you can take a karma off me if you like as well so long as you answer the question properly and not like a politician.
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 863
Australia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by rozzieoz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm
:color What is this? Battle of the Iron Mall??.

The photo subjects actually made an effort to pose for a photo which was made on a crappy phone camera........Read the freaking posts correctly.....

:snorting: :voilent1: :sign17: :tard:
Come on, show us the photo.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 70
Cambodia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by shnoukieBRO » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm

angkorjohn wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Jenny Tailwarts wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am
So I trawled through this great waffling shite and then remembered - I am certain I saw this creepy prick when I was there this weekend; the time stamps fit the time I was there enough to sign up and post.

So, assuming you are a 50 something white male, with Grey (to White) hair wearing IIRC a Blue/Grey T-Shirt, waist high elasticated Jeans (maybe cargo pants) with a black rucksack across both shoulders, and a large SLR Camera across your gut you gave me concern at around 4.30pm when you were taking photos of a young Khmer woman and her baby while they were sat on the floor outside the Segafredo Coffee shop that I mentioned you to my wife.

Now, while you are happy to cast aspersions as to "two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose" I am happy to concur with their judgement that you did indeed look like "an old and sick pervert" and maybe you doth protest too much.
Well you're a fool to assume I even have hair or wear trousers. How foolish to fall for stereotypes as well. I always judge a person according to their character not their clothes.
That is an odd response SB. Someone is saying they saw some guy doing what they felt was kinda concerning actions with a camera. They gave a pretty detailed description an you retort they are a fool to assume you have trousers or hair (hopefully you had something on your bottom half).

Now they ain't assuming anything they said some older guy who looked as they described was acting in a way that made them uncomfortable at roughly the same time you were there.

Now if that wasn;t me I'd have said "sorry that wasn't me, I have no hair I wasn't wearing any trousers and do not have a black rucksack and my camera is actually a little point an click" or whatever.

The fact that you don't say this and then say people should be judged not by their clothes - I think they were judging the person in question by their actions, clothes were just to check if it was you. SO was that you?

Seems your story flips around a bit which happens, you wrote it as soon as you got home and were clearly upset by the actions of the two guys people miss details and not always easy to convey everything in writing as it happened when you got CSI-CEO all over your story.

However, the fact that someone has said they also saw someone and gave a clear description. Was it you?

you can take a karma off me if you like as well so long as you answer the question properly and not like a politician.
No the person described was not me as I already said. I have a different appearance as well. I saw quite a few Western men there when I was there anyway.
Last edited by shnoukieBRO on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 70
Cambodia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by shnoukieBRO » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

rozzieoz wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm
:color What is this? Battle of the Iron Mall??.

The photo subjects actually made an effort to pose for a photo which was made on a crappy phone camera........Read the freaking posts correctly.....

:snorting: :voilent1: :sign17: :tard:
Come on, show us the photo.
I tried with recovery program it didn't work. The only thing going that does work is a rooted deep scan that needs to be done using a pc with decent recovery programme and a lead.

I had also tried recovering deleted images of historical buildings in Peru with lititle luck previously so I'm not new to trying this. In short it's both risky due to rooting the phone, and dependant on a decent $$ recovery programme that no one appears to have.

Besides I have absolutely no need to show you such a photo. Why? Many posters for illustrations purposes take photos of kids, but you haven't criticized them, yet ur on my case for taking a photo of 2 mature girls??😕 Under these conditions do you expect me to pander to your rather rude and inconsiderate persona??

Grow up please!
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
Jenny Tailwarts
Tourist
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 am
Reputation: 2
Qatar

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by Jenny Tailwarts » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:42 pm

So if the guy wasn't you I apologize.

The point is, I saw the guy, he looked creepy but I (probably wrongly) assumed the decent camera meant he was either employed by the mall to take some "family" shots or a semi pro looking to test the camera (albeit in a really creepy way). After mentioning it to the wife I shrugged it off until I started reading your thread - created just a few hours after I saw him.

Had I seen you clicking away at young girls on your busted-ass phone camera I would have probably been more likely to ask what the fuck you thought you were doing as well, or at the very least report you to security.

Your issue seems less about being told to stop taking photos and more about the fact the guys who told you to stop were black.

The reference to their possible drug use is as weak as your argument..... and your chin.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 70
Cambodia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by shnoukieBRO » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Jenny Tailwarts wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:42 pm
So if the guy wasn't you I apologize.

The point is, I saw the guy, he looked creepy but I (probably wrongly) assumed the decent camera meant he was either employed by the mall to take some "family" shots or a semi pro looking to test the camera (albeit in a really creepy way). After mentioning it to the wife I shrugged it off until I started reading your thread - created just a few hours after I saw him.

Had I seen you clicking away at young girls on your busted-ass phone camera I would have probably been more likely to ask what the fuck you thought you were doing as well, or at the very least report you to security.

Your issue seems less about being told to stop taking photos and more about the fact the guys who told you to stop were black.

The reference to their possible drug use is as weak as your argument..... and your chin.
Actually it wasn't because they were black rather because of the OTT irate agressive mood they portrayed. Stinking of booze and white marks in their nose didn't help either!

YES YES YES....It was actually ME who insisted they deal with Security about their issues with me after they refused to bugger off. I told them I wasn't wasting my time dealing with them, rather security; who also found them crazily agressive. Seriously you were not there. A casual photo of 2 girls giving thumbs up amongst many mall photos is not indecent or creepy whatsoever. If you find that creepy then that is odd.
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6673
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1545
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by Duncan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:25 pm

This thread has got so entertaining I think I will go to Aeon 2 tomorrow and see if there is still some evidence left behind there, like 18 year old girls and aggressive black guys.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 70
Cambodia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by shnoukieBRO » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm

:lol1: I have also found this thread and it's ridiculous trolls entertaining. :tophat:
Better hip beach days on Ko Rong!
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 863
Australia

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by rozzieoz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 pm

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm
:lol1: I have also found this thread and it's ridiculous trolls entertaining. :tophat:
Asking to see the photo is NOT trolling.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1145
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 212
Nigeria

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by Cowshed Cowboy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:36 pm

These latest revelations are clearly a case of mistaken identity, It’s a fact of life in Asia that shiney new air conditioned shopping malls are always full of loads of creepy looking old expats, they can ogle the best quality local talent under the guise of a conversation with their creepy mate nursing a complimentary iced water for a couple of hours hogging the best seats at a coffee outlet. The win win is they also sweat a bit less than normal, but in Pattaya I still always wipe the seat at these outlets before I sit down and lay my camera on the table.

( Had to edit as I automatically typed “ creepy looking old white expats “ ) :D
Never trust a man who when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn't try it on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post