Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Username Taken »

God wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:33 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am Can someone open the door to VIP nightlife for me please?
You mean "After Dark VIP". The door is open for you. :thumb:

Can I have a peek through the door of the After Dark VIP section. I need to know whats going on and who to ban from entering through the pearly white gates.
Dear God, Please be advised that the Devil himself resides on the other side of that door. He said that he requires a minimum of 20 Quality posts before anyone, even You, can enter.

:evil:
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am Can someone open the door to VIP nightlife for me please?

Can I have a peek through the door of the After Dark VIP section. I need to know whats going on and who to ban from entering through the pearly white gates.
Dear God, Please be advised that the Devil himself resides on the other side of that door. He said that he requires a minimum of 20 Quality posts before anyone, even You, can enter.

20 posts are going to be hard for me to do, with no internet up here all my messages received or sent are sent by my angels. Opennet stops at the Drop Dead Zone just outside the
pearly white gate.
Sorry to hear the Devil is locked up in your VIP room, the last message I received on the Devil was he had left his fork-in-hell . Can you check and see if it's still there.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:32 pm We need StoppyChops to write a rabbit story about this so everyone can follow what’s going on and what the big deal is.
Oh wouldn't THAT be well received? :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 amI even remember one kid getting called a Dradle Spinner (sp?), and he never minded, but one day his dad heard about it and came to the school and raised hell. The kid seemed as shocked by his dad's response as everyone else. We were all told how mean that was and that we couldn't ever say that again.
I'm confused and obviously ignorant as to the art of fine American taunts - if the kid literally did spin dreidels (which is likely) where's the insult? As kids I and many of my friends were taunted for being cow milkers, which I always thought was a fairly low IQ taunt as we were actually cow milkers.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Could one of you guys please unlock the VIP after dark section for me? Thx.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:04 pm Could one of you guys please unlock the VIP after dark section for me? Thx.
You're good to go timmy. :thumb:
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

why does my posts have to be approved?

Edit ahh ok they dont!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

fatuousdrivel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:32 pm
I guess it was only a matter of time.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 amI even remember one kid getting called a Dradle Spinner (sp?), and he never minded, but one day his dad heard about it and came to the school and raised hell. The kid seemed as shocked by his dad's response as everyone else. We were all told how mean that was and that we couldn't ever say that again.
I'm confused and obviously ignorant as to the art of fine American taunts - if the kid literally did spin dreidels (which is likely) where's the insult? As kids I and many of my friends were taunted for being cow milkers, which I always thought was a fairly low IQ taunt as we were actually cow milkers.

A dreidel is indeed a top, one that is closely associated with the Jewish culture. The word itself is Yiddish and the sides of the toy have Hebrew letters. I suspect the paternal hell raiser was a humourless bit of an antisemite.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:35 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 pm

A dreidel is indeed a top, one that is closely associated with the Jewish culture. The word itself is Yiddish and the sides of the toy have Hebrew letters. I suspect the paternal hell raiser was a humourless bit of an antisemite.
Thanks Taa - I know well what a dreidel is (at least in part thanks to South Park), just don't understand the level of offence taken. I have an aboriginal brother who was born out of wedlock - any time someone called him a black bastard he'd just chuckle, or at worst stare at them blankly until they got uncomfortable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic