Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 5180
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 182
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby phuketrichard » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:00 pm

...and as shown, its not our site but the mods/owner ( assume gen is the sole owner now) site and they can do with it as they please :stir: :hattip:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8557
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 156
Australia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby StroppyChops » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:11 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:00 pm
...and as shown, its not our site but the mods/owner ( assume gen is the sole owner now) site and they can do with it as they please :stir: :hattip:
On one hand I want to agree with you, on the other I don't want to look like the whiny offended bitch. I guess the new mix of mods are still getting familiarised with working as a team. It's only to be expected that they'll foul it up from time to time.

I'll pay Gonk his due, he certainly hits the mark almost all the time now, as opposed to when CEO first opened it's doors to the public. On balance, it's a lot more even-handed here than OTOF.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Karma: 75

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby juansweetpotato » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:32 am

Username Taken wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:52 pm
juansweetpotato wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:17 pm
Agree that +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3 is overkill. A simple +1 or -1 is enough, full stop.

As for Bingham and JSP, they both seem to be bringing their issues from TOF over here. Not necessary. Both posters, to me, are completely different to their OF alter-egos. Get a life, guys.
Sorry for inputting to the thread . If you were being reasonable, lol, you would have seen that I just ignore him.
No need to apologize, you're input is as welcome as anybody elses.

You just ignore him? But didn't you say . . .
juansweetpotato wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:45 am
Bingham seriously trolled yet another of my posts. I gave him - 3 on each of his troll posts. What's wrong with that?
That's hardly ignoring someone is it? You're just giving him a reason to troll you back.
I decided to use the new facility that the General installed, presuming he had intalled it for that very reason. Why did I feel the need use it? Because the mods seemed to be asleep on the job, or...

So what you're saying is the General has installed an expensive new trolling system.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Karma: 75

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby juansweetpotato » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 am

frank lee bent wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:47 pm
sorry, I have a life outside here too
.Image
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
User avatar
kptic
Expatriate
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:33 pm
Karma: 2
Greece

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby kptic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 am

Hey Mods,

As a developer myself, these kinds of things always pop out at me, so I want to point it out in case one of the developers wants to fix it.

When I am browsing CEO but not logged on, if I click Darknet Cambodia News, the site prompts me to log on as it should to verify permissions. However, when I put in my username/password, I get redirected to a page not found broken link that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found" instead of to darknet. Is this by design or is it a small bug? I would suggest that it would be a better UX if the user were prompted for their login and then redirected to the page they had attempted to access rather than the broken link.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12094
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 134
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:09 am

kptic wrote:Hey Mods,

As a developer myself, these kinds of things always pop out at me, so I want to point it out in case one of the developers wants to fix it.

When I am browsing CEO but not logged on, if I click Darknet Cambodia News, the site prompts me to log on as it should to verify permissions. However, when I put in my username/password, I get redirected to a page not found broken link that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found" instead of to darknet. Is this by design or is it a small bug? I would suggest that it would be a better UX if the user were prompted for their login and then redirected to the page they had attempted to access rather than the broken link.
NOT by design.

Thank you VERY much for finding that bug. Have never noticed that, and I will forward this info.

I 100% agree with you, and I hope we can simply redirect to the proper page.

We've been doing a lot of updates lately, so maybe this was overlooked.

Again, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 9171
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 233
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 am

kptic wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 am
Hey Mods,

As a developer myself, these kinds of things always pop out at me, so I want to point it out in case one of the developers wants to fix it.

When I am browsing CEO but not logged on, if I click Darknet Cambodia News, the site prompts me to log on as it should to verify permissions. However, when I put in my username/password, I get redirected to a page not found broken link that says "The page you are looking for cannot be found" instead of to darknet. Is this by design or is it a small bug? I would suggest that it would be a better UX if the user were prompted for their login and then redirected to the page they had attempted to access rather than the broken link.
you need permission to access the darknet subforum, you are probably getting that message because maybe your username doesnt have access to that section yet, ill check
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 9171
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 233
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 am

scrap that idea, he does have access, its a glitch
Image
Image
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12094
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 134
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 am

^Good thought, but I just tested it myself, and sure enough, if I login from the Darknet prompt, it logs me in and then takes me to an ugly 'you lost, fool!" page. That's not good. I'm sure there's a more technical name for that page, but it's definitely not good.

Jamie, if you've been able to learn Khmer script so well in an amazingly short amount of time, surely you can learn JavaScript as well, along with some php. Hell, I'd imagine it's easier than Khmer script. :assasin:

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8557
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 156
Australia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby StroppyChops » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:09 am

General Mackevili wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 am
^Good thought, but I just tested it myself, and sure enough, if I login from the Darknet prompt, it logs me in and then takes me to an ugly 'you lost, fool!" page. That's not good. I'm sure there's a more technical name for that page, but it's definitely not good.
I think it's actually more of a question - "You lost, fool?" - because it offers a search box.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jasper and 92 guests