Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm Is the like button connected to Karma?

I notice I have 36 karma points but never record any notification about this. Only notifications have been about people rating my posts positively.
No, that's actually an error and you're supposed to give Punchy those karma points. You can do this by clicking the thumbs up on this post, selecting the number 3, and then rating positively. Punchy will thank you.
No, you can trust me, I'm a missionary.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Your url above is pointing to a non-existent post, not a thread.

You want the thread, try this one. You will see that one of your posts is missing. > > > https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/viewtop ... 57#p172557
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 pm Can anyone else access https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post173997.html ?
Huh! You just edited your post. No one can access that post because it's in the Trash. Try the thread link that I posted.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:11 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 pm Can anyone else access https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post173997.html ?
Huh! You just edited your post. No one can access that post because it's in the Trash. Try the thread link that I posted.
The thread link you posted is fine, but I think you're seeing what you expect to see at your end, and not hearing me say it's not right at my end. Here are the messages from earlier today:

Looks reasonable, right? Okay, stay with me.

The first negative rating links to https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post172557.html#p172557

The second negative rating links to https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post173997.html#p173997

I didn't (to the best of my knowledge, although I'm fallible) delete post 173997, and yet received negative rating on it. Gonk may have edited it, he does that to keep the peace from time to time...

I personally don't care that much about karma, but it's a bit of fun on the side and I think it's wrong that puppets can give and take karma. If that's allowed, you might as well remove it as it's farcical.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

I'll admit, I don't really like the karma system at all as I think it's not really necessary and too easily manipulated.
-insert signature here
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AE86 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:27 pm I'll admit, I don't really like the karma system at all as I think it's not really necessary and too easily manipulated.

I have no idea what this "karma" system is about. I have tried to usefully contribute to this forum for years, so I end up with - 6 karma. Meanwhile total asshats like BKK Trapper get 10 karma. Obviously the system is seriously flawed, make of it what you will but as far as I can see it is completely redundant. Juansweetpotato who does little other than cut and paste irrelevant shite gets 29 karma points even though nobody even pays attention to his idiotic polls. So fuck your stupid karma system, I'm done with trying to say anything intelligent on this forum.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i edited and binned the posts in question wherein SC told the OP of the thread in question to post pics or delete the thread, and the poster with the Russian name told SC to F off ( paraphrase ).
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 pm Obviously the system is seriously flawed, make of it what you will but as far as I can see it is completely redundant.
Yep, seriously what did I say to deserve -3 on this post: https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post169382.html#
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes, i can see that negs are being handed out pretty arbitrarily and those responsible will be handed a ban if they continue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic