Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 09, 2017 3:03 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:51 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm
admin, someone has turned my name green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
:plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Here's something that I think has been overlooked in the "to ban or not to ban" debate - what do the admins do (if anything) when trolls start using their socks to deduct karma? That russian shite, specifically?

Edit: and why is it that when I try to access the forum that the russian shite decreased my karma in, I get the following?

Last edited by StroppyChops on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Postby frank lee bent » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:50 pm

good question. GM?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Postby phuketrichard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:14 pm

I had that problem with chicken shit, kept reducing my karma ( and i will say it again , i dont like bs karma)

Why cant u just keep the like/unlike
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Postby kiwiincambodia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Is the like button connected to Karma?

I notice I have 36 karma points but never record any notification about this. Only notifications have been about people rating my posts positively.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:53 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

I notice I have 36 karma points but never record any notification about this. Only notifications have been about people rating my posts positively.
No, that's actually an error and you're supposed to give Punchy those karma points. You can do this by clicking the thumbs up on this post, selecting the number 3, and then rating positively. Punchy will thank you.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Postby kiwiincambodia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

No, that's actually an error and you're supposed to give Punchy those karma points. You can do this by clicking the thumbs up on this post, selecting the number 3, and then rating positively. Punchy will thank you.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Postby juansweetpotato » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:45 pm
Here's something that I think has been overlooked in the "to ban or not to ban" debate - what do the admins do (if anything) when trolls start using their socks to deduct karma? That russian shite, specifically?

Edit: and why is it that when I try to access the forum that the russian shite decreased my karma in, I get the following?

Teething problems I suspect. Did you read FLB's links earlier on in this thread? All about moderation. Don't forget to have a look at the link within the link too. If you haven't already of course.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Postby Username Taken » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 pm

StroppyChops wrote:

That's because that particular post of yours was moved to the Trash as it contained only a ' . ' << a full stop. You cannot access the Trash hence the 'not Authorized' message.

:beer3:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
[image removed]
That's because that particular post of yours was moved to the Trash as it contained only a ' . ' << a full stop. You cannot access the Trash hence the 'not Authorized' message.

:beer3:
If only it were that simple - I can't access the thread, let alone the specific post. Do you want an image thusly?

Last edited by StroppyChops on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Advertisement
Booking.com