i want to buy a microwave

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
mkilburn2002
Tourist
United States of America

i want to buy a microwave

Post by mkilburn2002 »

any one got a microwave they want to sell,i am looking for one.No special requirements just clean and working.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: i want to buy a microwave

Post by pczz »

Prices have come down a lot here. You can probably get a good price on anew one.
FYI I bought small george foreman grill with me for cooking meat instead of frying everything. Works great, easier to clean but i use it daily and I reckon myelectric bill has gone up by near $5 a month which is close to the amount my cooking gas went down by. No idea what a microwave cost
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Every shop in the country has a 50-70% sale on right now. I'm sure one of them sells microwaves.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Can get a basic 800W Samsung one for $45 on Sihanouk opposite Olympic Stadium. String of small stores along there.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
mkilburn2002
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mkilburn2002 »

Thanks all. i got one at sunsimex 65 all functions and new .Not refurbished
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

epidemiks wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:38 am Every shop in the country has a 50-70% sale on right now. I'm sure one of them sells microwaves.
Every shop in the country always has a 50-70% sale on. they just don't put prices on anything.
Yes sir only $500 today. yesterday i was teling everyone it was $1000. No sir, that is not expensive for a can openene :stir: r
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

pczz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 am Prices have come down a lot here. You can probably get a good price on anew one.
FYI I bought small george foreman grill with me for cooking meat instead of frying everything. Works great, easier to clean but i use it daily and I reckon myelectric bill has gone up by near $5 a month which is close to the amount my cooking gas went down by. No idea what a microwave cost
Apparently, George Foreman made more money from that grill then he ever did from boxing...

https://gazettereview.com/2017/04/georg ... net-worth/
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:46 pm
pczz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 am Prices have come down a lot here. You can probably get a good price on anew one.
Apparently, George Foreman made more money from that grill then he ever did from boxing...

Not sure if that is entirely correct. I mean if he’s just been George Foreman, anonymous accountant from Montana, would he have even got the thing off the ground? His reputation as a boxer/celebrity would surely have impacted sales massively. Sorry to be a pedant :)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

mkilburn2002 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:25 pm Thanks all. i got one at sunsimex 65 all functions and new .Not refurbished
The one I mentioned was also new and not refurbished, but just a basic model. But ok.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:58 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Not sure if that is entirely correct. I mean if he’s just been George Foreman, anonymous accountant from Montana, would he have even got the thing off the ground? His reputation as a boxer/celebrity would surely have impacted sales massively. Sorry to be a pedant :)
Sure, if it had been "Joe Schmo's" lean grill it would have gone nowhere. Foreman did many infomercials with the product and he is very charismatic and he was the driving force behind the success of the thing. Hence his 40% royalty.

He was banking about $5 million a month from the thing between 1994 and 1999 at which point the company bought out his naming rights for
$138 million. Nice work if you can get it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman_Grill
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic