Importing a used gilera runner

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Jay2fruity
Tourist

Importing a used gilera runner

Post by Jay2fruity »

Want to import a used gilera runner from uk>Cambodia can anyone tell me the process and cost or any info on doing this please

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Importing a used gilera runner

Post by davegorman »

Assuming it’s the 180cc?
Honestly it’s not worth the expense and hassle. You’ll pay 100% plus tax import duties, if you’re lucky.
Plus the fact those engines are pretty fragile and it’ll cost shit loads to import parts and no one will have a clue how to fix it.

And you’ll attract attention so unless you have a licence don’t bother.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Don't do it. I've known chaps who have brought their bikes over and paid out the nose for it and then you'll never be able to sell it when the time comes.
Jay2fruity
Tourist

Post by Jay2fruity »

davegorman wrote:Assuming it’s the 180cc?
Honestly it’s not worth the expense and hassle. You’ll pay 100% plus tax import duties, if you’re lucky.
Plus the fact those engines are pretty fragile and it’ll cost shit loads to import parts and no one will have a clue how to fix it.

It's 125 (with 172 kit on it)but it will be registered as a 125,it's also a stroke if that makes any difference.
Really want to get it over and I'm no mechanic but my mate says the 2 stroke engines are easy to take out put in if it makes a difference to send the bike and engine seperate.
Thanks for your reply.

davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

You’ll still be crucified with tax and “admin fees”. Your best bet is to find an agent, and no I don’t know any.

They make it deliberately prohibitive to import used vehicles.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jay2fruity wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 pm
davegorman wrote:Assuming it’s the 180cc?

It's 125 (with 172 kit on it)but it will be registered as a 125,it's also a stroke if that makes any difference.
Really want to get it over and I'm no mechanic but my mate says the 2 stroke engines are easy to take out put in if it makes a difference to send the bike and engine seperate.
Thanks for your reply.

While the engine might be easy finding spares won't. Agree with 'not recommended'.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Scooters are significantly cheaper in Cambodia than in the UK, up to about 3x. Just buy yourself something fancy for less than you paid for this new.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Lots of Vespas and Vespa restorers in Vietnam but be careful and only use a reputable company and oversee the restoration if possible.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Jay2fruity
Tourist

Post by Jay2fruity »

cptrelentless wrote:Scooters are significantly cheaper in Cambodia than in the UK, up to about 3x. Just buy yourself something fancy for less than you paid for this new.
I got a Honda zoomer I use around town but the gilera runner is very different to what i can get there.

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bring it in if you want.

It will cost a % of the book value of a scooter within it's category, as outlined in Cambo import tax documents.

Actual value or price paid is unrelated to this.

For reference; the last vehicle I imported was a 1200cc muscle bike, & I paid ~$1100 import duty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic