Emotion and affection in public - or lack thereof

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Emotion and affection in public - or lack thereof

Post by prahkeitouj »

I just replied by smiling and saying goodbye.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:Awkward moment When I gave my boyfriend a lift to the airport, he just said thank you and good bye.
Lolzz, my suggestion, you should get a barang boyfriend, i guess he doesn't mind to give you a goodbye kiss. BTW, young people don't usually hang out on the forum. :stir:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

My khmer missus hugs and kisses her children but I think that this is unusual. I have never seen families so undemonstrative, I find it very unsettling. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I once had a girlfriend who had different rules/behavior for public affection depending on whether other Khmers were around. If only foreigners could see us it was OK
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote:where people live so closely together, they cultivate some shreds of privacy by being publicly reserved.
it is a survival mechanism

This also probably explains why girls show no emotion when having a orgasm. I do miss having a girl that screams so loud that the neighbours can hear when she has her big O
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Emotion and affection in public - or lack thereof

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Awkward moment When I gave my boyfriend a lift to the airport, he just said thank you and good bye.
Lolzz, my suggestion, you should get a barang boyfriend, i guess he doesn't mind to give you a goodbye kiss. BTW, young people don't usually hang out on the forum. :stir:
He was afraid I'm shy.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:where people live so closely together, they cultivate some shreds of privacy by being publicly reserved.
it is a survival mechanism

This also probably explains why girls show no emotion when having a orgasm. I do miss having a girl that screams so loud that the neighbours can hear when she has her big O
haha thats one thing i noticed when i was just in Pattaya the past 2 weeks, how more sexually open they are, it was a very enjoyable 2 weeks, *sigh* if only the visas wasnt so shit in Thailand :sorry: lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic