From Schoolgirls to “Virtuous” Khmer Women:

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: From Schoolgirls to “Virtuous” Khmer Women:

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

John Bingham wrote:
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:50 am

Women and girls are targeted as two specific target populations..
No way.
In 1993...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Both the Code for Men and the Code for Women contain valuable information on how to lead a happy life without fanning the flames.

Despite the PC bullshit going around Men and Woman are different, nature itself gave them equally important but separate roles.

Whosoever wrote the crap linking it to domestic violence should quote the full texts, especially the Code for Men which states quite specifically, " kom chloah noeung srey" or " don' t fight with women.

I do wish sometimes the old missus would stop making a noise so loud her skirt rips and the house trembles, when something is on her mind. And throwing things. Doesn't contribute towards domestic harmony.

But then I do break the Man's Law by too much beer on occasions.

Obviously education plays a far greater role in modern society than the old, so these parts are outdated and no longer valid.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm But then I do break the Man's Law by too much beer on occasions.
Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm on occasions
On occasions?????? I do believe your golden, ethanol inspired 3am posts come a bit more frequently than occasionally. :mrgreen:

Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Brody wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm But then I do break the Man's Law by too much beer on occasions.
Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm on occasions
On occasions?????? I do believe your golden, ethanol inspired 3am posts come a bit more frequently than occasionally. :mrgreen:

Lucky for me, my missus follows the Law for Women and waits until a more suitable time next day to admonish me if I have been indiscreet.

I see ALL these articles are just old rehashes going round and round without anyone citing the ORIGINAL books and translations.

Just such and such said this and that about the book.

Not one has an original source or references to the books themselves.

I used to have the translations but I have lost them.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:24 pm Lucky for me, my missus follows the Law for Women and waits until a more suitable time next day to admonish me if I have been indiscreet.
Mine does this too. Is doing this mentioned in the book?

I always thought it was something quirky and cute that she just did.

Sometimes when she lays into me about something I have to try and recall what it was that I must have done. :D
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Brody wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 pm
Mishmash wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:24 pm Lucky for me, my missus follows the Law for Women and waits until a more suitable time next day to admonish me if I have been indiscreet.
Mine does this too. Is doing this mentioned in the book?

I always thought it was something quirky and cute that she just did.

Sometimes when she lays into me about something I have to try and recall what it was that I must have done. :D
Is in the book in several places. common sense really.

And yes the ability to conjure up an argument out of thin air when everything is cool by male standards is some nefarious female witchery, by which to obtain confessions about things totally unrelated to the issue in hand.

In short, a trap. Do not under any circumstances crumble at this point.

You could have inadvertently casually thrown a female name in some conversation weeks ago, who she regards as a rival, and forgot to add an epithet.

E.g. "Srey Neang was laughing in the office" instead of "that terrible old hag Srey Neang was cackling" - who knows...

Stock and safe answers are "I see" "uh huh..." "ooooo" "mmmm" "how do you feel about that?" as generally they want to be heard and their emotions validated, rather than a debate or argument.

Failing that, the old 'pretend to answer the phone' and go out for a 'meeting....' or walking the dog for an hour tends to calm it down and cause the lady to rethink the approach.

For Guys, we have:-

use sweet words to wife
forgive and understand wife’s mind
give his wife wealth/ properties he earned
try all best to make wealth for his family
respect and loyalty to his wife

in exchange for the power women possess

The Power of Beauty
The Power of Wealth
The Power of Kinship
The Power of Procreation
The Power of Virtue
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

There are textbooks, as well as youtube tutorials on women on the internet. I’ve seen men not being able to figure out women’s psychology till very advanced age, if at all, being completely blind to their tricks, while youngsters now have an advantage to know all about it quickly and efficiently. However, knowing is one thing, applying knowledge is a whole lot another.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

hunter8 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:10 pm There are textbooks, as well as youtube tutorials on women on the internet. I’ve seen men not being able to figure out women’s psychology till very advanced age, if at all, being completely blind to their tricks, while youngsters now have an advantage to know all about it quickly and efficiently. However, knowing is one thing, applying knowledge is a whole lot another.
Yes well the young bullock said "look pa, look look there are a heap of cows over there, let's run over and fuck one". The wise old bull said "nooooo. let's casually stroll over and fuck them all"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic