Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 am

Ive recently fell in love with the old 60's singer "Houy Meas" her voice is amazing!

the video is newer but its the original track


:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
mammothboy2 wrote:Can anyone find the recording of Rous Sereysothea singing a Khmer-language version of "... I saw her face, now I'm a believer" ??
The Monkees tune? She did that one? I've never heard it.

whilst were on the subject of old Covers iheres a couple more of hers

Ros Sereysothea - "Yom Srolanh Khnyom" (Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary)


Ros Sereysothea - "Superstar" (Capenters - Superstar)


ill upload more as i find them
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6519
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1443
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Duncan » Tue May 17, 2016 8:26 pm

[quote="Jamie_Lambo"]Ive recently fell in love with the old 60's singer "Houy Meas" her voice is amazing!


This would be the English version , is it not ?

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:Ive recently fell in love with the old 60's singer "Houy Meas" her voice is amazing!


This would be the English version , is it not ?

Very good shout in deed, well spotted mate :thumb:
thanks for that

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:
mammothboy2 wrote:Can anyone find the recording of Rous Sereysothea singing a Khmer-language version of "... I saw her face, now I'm a believer" ??
The Monkees tune? She did that one? I've never heard it.

whilst were on the subject of old Covers iheres a couple more of hers

Ros Sereysothea - "Yom Srolanh Khnyom" (Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary)


Ros Sereysothea - "Superstar" (Capenters - Superstar)


ill upload more as i find them

Just found this one of Pan Ron & Korng Phnao covering "Beetles - Hard Days Night"
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am
Reputation: 227
Location: Australia
Albania

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by willyhilly » Tue May 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Good on you Jamie, I love the old music as well. You seem to have more appreciation for this stuff than most Khmers. You and i have to catch up sometime and talk music.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 pm

willyhilly wrote:Good on you Jamie, I love the old music as well. You seem to have more appreciation for this stuff than most Khmers. You and i have to catch up sometime and talk music.
yeah sure mate sounds good, where are you based?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am
Reputation: 227
Location: Australia
Albania

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by willyhilly » Wed May 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Australia, but often in Cambodia. I could take you down to Kandal Province and show you where Sin Sisamouth is buried in a mass grave, well within a few hundred metres. These things are important to me, not to Khmers unfortunately. The locals have no idea. We should do a road trip together if you have time.
The Khmers seem to have no interest in their own history or anyone elses. Strange fruit Jamie.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu May 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:
mammothboy2 wrote:Can anyone find the recording of Rous Sereysothea singing a Khmer-language version of "... I saw her face, now I'm a believer" ??
The Monkees tune? She did that one? I've never heard it.

whilst were on the subject of old Covers iheres a couple more of hers

Ros Sereysothea - "Yom Srolanh Khnyom" (Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary)


Ros Sereysothea - "Superstar" (Capenters - Superstar)


ill upload more as i find them

Just found this one of Pan Ron & Korng Phnao covering "Beetles - Hard Days Night"
been looking for this one

Pan Ron - Sneha (nancy sinatra - bang bang cover)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13741
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1936
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Songs/Lyrics

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Thu May 26, 2016 8:01 pm

willyhilly wrote:Australia, but often in Cambodia. I could take you down to Kandal Province and show you where Sin Sisamouth is buried in a mass grave, well within a few hundred metres. These things are important to me, not to Khmers unfortunately. The locals have no idea. We should do a road trip together if you have time.
The Khmers seem to have no interest in their own history or anyone elses. Strange fruit Jamie.
yeah sounds good mate! hit me up when youre thinking of coming back over, in a month or so i probs be heading back for a few months but ill be back around novermber ithink
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ofparadise and 23 guests