Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm

CBEQ wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm
Hello Jamie,

Could you translate the old classic Bong srolanh te Oun by Sinn Sisamuth?



I remember telling my wife it sounded romantic, but then she told me it was basically a song about a one night stand.

Thanks!
sure ill get it done soon for you bro :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:00 pm

phnompenhsteve wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 pm
So still new to this forum.
You may have already done it but do you know the song "ចេញអោយឆ្ងាយ៉?
I am learning the words,and would be helpful to have a set of English lyrics, but I cant seem to find any online.
Thanks
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 pm
I sometimes get asked to translate Cambodian songs into English,
Its something i enjoy doing anyway and do it a lot in my spare time for studying/practicing my Khmer, probably about 3-4 songs a week,
So if anyone has any song requests they would like, feel free to drop a message here or PM,

Ps. I cant guarantee the songs to be completely bulletproof, translating/interpreting Khmer>English is sometimes hard to be completely accurate, but they should be close enough

Image
this song?


yeah ill get it done next week
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
stevereeno
Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 am
Reputation: 1
Japan

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by stevereeno » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:24 pm
stevereeno wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am
if you have time, this is one of my favorites:
Kyong Kdot Tirk Jon - Sinn Sisamouth
nice song, will try get it done later today if i avoid the temptation of going for a beer :D :beer3:
Thank you very much. There's no rush, enjoy your brew! :beer3:
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 pm

stevereeno wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:14 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:24 pm
stevereeno wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am
if you have time, this is one of my favorites:
Kyong Kdot Tirk Jon - Sinn Sisamouth
nice song, will try get it done later today if i avoid the temptation of going for a beer :D :beer3:
Thank you very much. There's no rush, enjoy your brew! :beer3:
haha im a weak man and the temptation was too strong, will do it today instead :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phnompenhsteve
Expatriate
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:12 pm
Reputation: 15
Canada

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by phnompenhsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Hey that's great!
Thnks man
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:00 pm
phnompenhsteve wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 pm
So still new to this forum.
You may have already done it but do you know the song "ចេញអោយឆ្ងាយ៉?
I am learning the words,and would be helpful to have a set of English lyrics, but I cant seem to find any online.
Thanks
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 pm
I sometimes get asked to translate Cambodian songs into English,
Its something i enjoy doing anyway and do it a lot in my spare time for studying/practicing my Khmer, probably about 3-4 songs a week,
So if anyone has any song requests they would like, feel free to drop a message here or PM,

Ps. I cant guarantee the songs to be completely bulletproof, translating/interpreting Khmer>English is sometimes hard to be completely accurate, but they should be close enough

Image
this song?


yeah ill get it done next week
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm

stevereeno wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am
if you have time, this is one of my favorites:
Kyong Kdot Tirk Jon - Sinn Sisamouth
@stevereeno here you go pal...

Sinn Sisamouth - Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon

ខ្យងក្ដក់ទឹកជន់ព្រលឹងបងអើយខ្យងក្ដក់ទឹកជន់ x2
Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon Prolung Bong Ery, Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon
The Snails are being flooded, Oh my beloved, the Snails are being flooded!

ភ្លៀងផ្គរបន្ទរទឹកជំនន់ x2
Pleung Pkor Bontor Dtuk Jomnon
The rain and thunder in unison with the flooding

ទីទុយគយគន់ទាំងឱភ័យភិត
Titoy Koy Kon Teang Ao Paey Pit
Oh the Owl watches it all in fear


ទឹកជោរហើយនាចក្រមុំបងអើយរាចពេញព្រឹក្សព្រៃ x2
Dtuk Jaor Hery Neach Kromom Bong Ery Reach Penh Pruk Prai
The rising water is already subsiding, Oh my beloved, evenly spreading out across the forest

ត្រីឆ្ដោស្ទុះធ្លោឃើញចំណី x2
Trey Chhtao Stos Tloa Khhernh Jomney
The large Fish quickly go looking for food

ផុងខ្លួនស្ទើរក្ស័យនៅឱក្នុងជុច
Pong Kluan Ster Ksaey Nov Ao Knong Juch
Almost dying trapped in the woven fish traps


ខ្យងក្ដក់ ក្ដក់ហៅក្រមុំបងអើយហៅរកទឹកភ្លៀង x2
Kyong Kdok Kdok Hav Kromom Bong Ery Hav Rok Dtuk Pleung
The Snails call out, Oh my Darling, call out in search of the rain

កង្កែបចេញវាលហើយស្រែកច្រៀង x2
Kongkaeb Jenh Veal Hery Sraek Jreung
The Frogs have left the field already crying out for the rain

ភ្នែកដៀងសម្លឹងទាំងក្ដីស្រមៃ
Pnek Dueng Somlung Teang Kdey Sromai
Gazing out the corner of their eyes while daydreaming


បងហែលឆ្លងព្រែកសម្លាញ់ចិត្តអើយជួបគុម្ពឫស្សី x2
Bong Hael Chhlong Praek Somlanh Jet Ery Juab Kom Rusey
I swim across the stream, Oh Beloved, to meet a thicket of bamboo

ឃើញទំពាំងម៉ុមអើយទូលដី x2
Khhernh Tompeang Mom Ery Toul Dey
I see the bamboo shoots, Oh Beloved, and carry them to the land

ស្រាំងទិចបងភ័យ ហែលឱហួសទៅ
Srang Tik Bong Paey Hael Ao Huos Tov
Oh I'm a little exhausted and fear swim to too far out
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 pm

CBEQ wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:26 pm
Hello Jamie,

Could you translate the old classic Bong srolanh te Oun by Sinn Sisamuth?



I remember telling my wife it sounded romantic, but then she told me it was basically a song about a one night stand.

Thanks!
@CBEQ here it is for you... (yeah its more of a sad song than a romantic song tbh)

Sinn Sisamouth - Bong Srolanh Tae Oun

បងស្រលាញ់ៗតែអូន ស្រលាញ់ស្ងួនពេញក្នុងចិន្ដា
Bong Srolanh Srolanh Tae Oun, Srolanh Snguan Penh Knong Chenda
I love, love only you, love my beloved completely in my thoughts

គ្មានបែកបែរប្រែសាវា ឬចង់ដោះសារកថ្មីឡើយ
Kmean Baek Baer Brae Sava, Ruu Jong Daos Saa Rok Tmey Lery
Without becoming fickle, or wanting to find an excuse to look for someone new at all


ឲ្យបងដកចិត្តចេញពីស្នេហ៍ម្តេចបាន
Aoy Bong Dak Jet Jenh Pi Snei Mdech Ban
Let me remove these feelings of love, how can i?

បងសូមផ្ញើប្រាណភ្ជាប់និស្ស័យ
Bong Som Pnher Bran Pjoab Nissay
I'm begging for your support

ក្នុងលោកនេះបងស្រលាញ់តែចរណៃ
Knong Laok Nis Bong Srolanh Tae Joronai
In this world i love only my beloved

ចិត្តស្មោះភក្តីតែស្រីមួយ
Jet Smoas Peakdey Tae Srey Mouy
Honest and loyal heart to only one girl

បងស្រលាញ់ៗតែអូន សូមស្រីស្ងួនកុំទុក្ខា
Bong Srolanh Srolanh Tae Oun, Som Srey Snguan Kom Tukkha
I love, love only you, please beloved don't suffer


ចិត្តសន្សំខំប្រឹងស្រលាញ់ សុខចិត្តចាញ់ៗព្រោះស្នេហា
Jet Sansom Khom Brung Srolanh, Sok Jet Janh Janh Proas Sneha
feelings store up trying hard to love, willing to lose because of love

ប្រឹងបម្រះមិនឈ្នះវាសនា សូមចិន្ដាមេត្តាប្រណី
Brung Bomreas Min Chhneas Veasna, Som Chenda Metta Broney
trying hard to struggle free but unable to change my destiny, please pity me


ឲ្យបងដកចិត្តចេញពីស្នេហ៍ម្តេចបាន
Aoy Bong Dak Jet Jenh Pi Snei Mdech Ban
Let me remove these feelings of love, how can i?

បងសូមផ្ញើប្រាណភ្ជាប់និស្ស័យ
Bong Som Pnher Bran Pjoab Nissay
I'm begging for your support

ក្នុងលោកនេះបងស្រលាញ់តែចរណៃ
Knong Laok Nis Bong Srolanh Tae Joronai
In this world i love only my beloved

ចិត្តស្មោះភក្តីតែស្រីមួយ
Jet Smoas Peakdey Tae Srey Mouy
Honest and loyal heart to only one girl

បងស្រលាញ់ៗតែអូន សូមស្រីស្ងួនកុំទុក្ខា
Bong Srolanh Srolanh Tae Oun, Som Srey Snguan Kom Tukkha
I love, love only you, please beloved don't suffer
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
stevereeno
Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 am
Reputation: 1
Japan

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by stevereeno » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm
stevereeno wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 am
if you have time, this is one of my favorites:
Kyong Kdot Tirk Jon - Sinn Sisamouth
@stevereeno here you go pal...

Sinn Sisamouth - Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon

ខ្យងក្ដក់ទឹកជន់ព្រលឹងបងអើយខ្យងក្ដក់ទឹកជន់ x2
Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon Prolung Bong Ery, Kyong Kdok Dtuk Jon
The Snails are being flooded, Oh my beloved, the Snails are being flooded!

ភ្លៀងផ្គរបន្ទរទឹកជំនន់ x2
Pleung Pkor Bontor Dtuk Jomnon
The rain and thunder in unison with the flooding

ទីទុយគយគន់ទាំងឱភ័យភិត
Titoy Koy Kon Teang Ao Paey Pit
Oh the Owl watches it all in fear


ទឹកជោរហើយនាចក្រមុំបងអើយរាចពេញព្រឹក្សព្រៃ x2
Dtuk Jaor Hery Neach Kromom Bong Ery Reach Penh Pruk Prai
The rising water is already subsiding, Oh my beloved, evenly spreading out across the forest

ត្រីឆ្ដោស្ទុះធ្លោឃើញចំណី x2
Trey Chhtao Stos Tloa Khhernh Jomney
The large Fish quickly go looking for food

ផុងខ្លួនស្ទើរក្ស័យនៅឱក្នុងជុច
Pong Kluan Ster Ksaey Nov Ao Knong Juch
Almost dying trapped in the woven fish traps


ខ្យងក្ដក់ ក្ដក់ហៅក្រមុំបងអើយហៅរកទឹកភ្លៀង x2
Kyong Kdok Kdok Hav Kromom Bong Ery Hav Rok Dtuk Pleung
The Snails call out, Oh my Darling, call out in search of the rain

កង្កែបចេញវាលហើយស្រែកច្រៀង x2
Kongkaeb Jenh Veal Hery Sraek Jreung
The Frogs have left the field already crying out for the rain

ភ្នែកដៀងសម្លឹងទាំងក្ដីស្រមៃ
Pnek Dueng Somlung Teang Kdey Sromai
Gazing out the corner of their eyes while daydreaming


បងហែលឆ្លងព្រែកសម្លាញ់ចិត្តអើយជួបគុម្ពឫស្សី x2
Bong Hael Chhlong Praek Somlanh Jet Ery Juab Kom Rusey
I swim across the stream, Oh Beloved, to meet a thicket of bamboo

ឃើញទំពាំងម៉ុមអើយទូលដី x2
Khhernh Tompeang Mom Ery Toul Dey
I see the bamboo shoots, Oh Beloved, and carry them to the land

ស្រាំងទិចបងភ័យ ហែលឱហួសទៅ
Srang Tik Bong Paey Hael Ao Huos Tov
Oh I'm a little exhausted and fear swim to too far out
Thanks so much for this Jamie. It's awesome that you're able to understand Khmer. The lyrics are a trip. Not like any lyrics I'm used to. Something to think about
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13806
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1997
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 pm

stevereeno wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks so much for this Jamie. It's awesome that you're able to understand Khmer. The lyrics are a trip. Not like any lyrics I'm used to. Something to think about
No problems buddy, i enjoy doing it, gives me something to do, let me know if theres any others you want doing :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
stevereeno
Tourist
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:26 am
Reputation: 1
Japan

Re: Cambodian Song Lyrics (requests welcome)

Post by stevereeno » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 am

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 pm
No problems buddy, i enjoy doing it, gives me something to do, let me know if theres any others you want doing :beer3:
I also really like this one:


nice and chill, but I the only part I can understand is the "la la la la" part :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests