Bar planting “love spells” on customers!

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

A friend and I both found these love spells on business cards in our pockets after visiting a local hostess bar near riverside.
The “love spells” (tver snai) are drawn on the back. These spells are blessed by unscrupulous monks and are designed to make a guy fall deeply and irrevocably in love with a particular girl.
Must be a new marketing tactic employed by the bar to encourage repeat business I guess... Only in Cambodia...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Bar planting “love spells” on customers!

Post by Duncan »

jah steu wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:12 pm A friend and I both found these love spells on business cards in our pockets after visiting a local hostess bar near riverside.
The “love spells” (tver snai) are drawn on the back. These spells are blessed by unscrupulous monks and are designed to make a guy fall deeply and irrevocably in love with a particular girl.
Must be a new marketing tactic employed by the bar to encourage repeat business I guess... Only in Cambodia...

$100, That's my highest offer for the card. Need to see that '' particular '' girl first though.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Duncan wrote: $100, That's my highest offer for the card. Need to see that '' particular '' girl first though.
Haha. The first I knew I had been given this card was when I received a very irate phone call from my wife. She had been going through my trouser pockets prior to putting them in the wash, and had found the card. She gave me an intense interrogation about how I came to have this card. I just managed to get a photo of it before she tore it up!

WineOxley
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by WineOxley »

lol
Lands and cities are left astern,your faults will follow you whithersoever you travel.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Judging by the green rectangle on the card, the bar is not so near Riverside, but there again there are no bars in the marked location, so I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

armchairlawyer wrote:Judging by the green rectangle on the card, the bar is not so near Riverside, but there again there are no bars in the marked location, so I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Yes... the green rectangle is a park. I erased the bar location from the diagram on the card.

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

jah steu wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:10 pm I erased the bar location from the diagram on the card.
is this a khmer spell?

monstra mihi bona!
flanostu
Tourist
Korea North

Post by flanostu »

A bar up near Larry's? Gotta be along St 5 somewhere?
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

I heard about these Khmer love spells being used in Thailand by bar girls..etc...I knew a Thai lady who spoke Khmer and Thai...If a farang spoke Thai or she wanted to tell a friend something in private; she would switch to Khmer...She told me about this about 5 years ago....
I bet your wife went nuts...
Mine would of been on the Khmer warpath wanting to kill the lady and me....ha ha..
You better check your pockets before getting home in the future...
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Does it help checking the partner before she becomes a lifelong partner if she is too jealous? I would stay away from a woman who is too jealous, this feeling of being “owned” by a woman is so repulsive. Maybe it’s just me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic