Jekyll and Hyde

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 7025
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 269
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby Username Taken » Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 pm

mynameisphil wrote: I can't get the forum on Tapatalk for some reason, just doesn't come up.
You need to contact Mr. Orange Dragon. He'll help you sort it.

:D


There's a thread for reporting bugs here, but it's probably a config issue on your side cos others can TapAndTalk ok, or so I've heard.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 187
Australia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby StroppyChops » Fri May 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Phil, it has to be asked, you know your Tapatalk credentials are not the same as your CEO credentials, right? You need to provide both sets to Tapatalk in the right place, or nada.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 3:25 am
Karma: 0
United States of America

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby nightmare.believer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:40 am

I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
User avatar
chkwoot
Expatriate
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 5:03 pm
Karma: 2
Location: Cambodia
United States of America

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby chkwoot » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 am

nightmare.believer wrote:I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
I know that guy! Short? Dark hair? Darkish completion? He keeps trying to hit me whenever I try to cross Norodom! Sometimes he's in a different SUV though. And sometimes he's a girl. Strange...
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 3:25 am
Karma: 0
United States of America

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby nightmare.believer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:54 am

chkwoot wrote:
nightmare.believer wrote:I had a guy in an SUV try to run me over as I crossed Monivong coming from the Big M. He accelerated sharply and swerved at me. I really think he was trying to hit me. I had to quickly get out of the way, all the time hoping for a rollover.
I know that guy! Short? Dark hair? Darkish completion? He keeps trying to hit me whenever I try to cross Norodom! Sometimes he's in a different SUV though. And sometimes he's a girl. Strange...
Yes, that's him! And sometimes her.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 187
Australia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby StroppyChops » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:25 pm

^ forum gold, right there! :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby ali baba » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't think khmers conduct themselves any differently on the roads than in other arenas. They drive with nearly zero consideration and infinite patience. The same way they park, host weddings/ funerals, do construction at 6 am, etc.
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 6510
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Karma: 315
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby frank lee bent » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:59 pm

hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.

in texas, people are often fired upon for traffic fauxs pas.

usually only bystanders are hit.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 5926
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Karma: 154
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby vladimir » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:40 pm

frank lee bent wrote:hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.
I beg to differ.

Cambodia rules when it comes to lack of consideration. Absolute pigs in this regard.

Out of the 16 countries I've lived in, anyway.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
thePeck
Expatriate
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm
Karma: 1
Location: Russey Keo
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Jekyll and Hyde

Postby thePeck » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:47 pm

vladimir wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:hardly particular to any country- the observation holds true across all countries.
I beg to differ.

Cambodia rules when it comes to lack of consideration. Absolute pigs in this regard.

Out of the 16 countries I've lived in, anyway.
I agree, completely. I've only lived here and Florida but visited 16 other countries for extended periods of time.

I didn't fear death as much in India or Bangladesh then I do here. Only place similar would be Iraq in the Green Zone after we pulled out. Local Iraqis drove like they do here.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

Return to “Cambodia After Dark”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jmagic, MurphyIrish and 65 guests