Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 8

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by ali baba » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Drifter wrote:if you see a girl dating barangs she's either divorced, a widow, a former hooker, an actual hooker, or had a baby or two from previous khmer partners, in any case nobody will marry her so foreigners are her only option left.

they're not all gold diggers but most of them are indeed just after the money, some are low maintenance and some are not.
You're projecting here. Just because women find you so repulsive that you can only acquire affection from prostitutes or divorcees doesn't mean that others are in the same situation.
Scarier than malaria.
Drifter
Expatriate
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:21 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by Drifter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 pm

ali baba wrote:
Drifter wrote:if you see a girl dating barangs she's either divorced, a widow, a former hooker, an actual hooker, or had a baby or two from previous khmer partners, in any case nobody will marry her so foreigners are her only option left.

they're not all gold diggers but most of them are indeed just after the money, some are low maintenance and some are not.
You're projecting here. Just because women find you so repulsive that you can only acquire affection from prostitutes or divorcees doesn't mean that others are in the same situation.
well i live with a khmer girl since 4 yrs and she's divorced, never been a bargirl or whatever, i know her family, her ex husband and all, so far so good.

are you saying your girlfriend never married never divorced never sold her body but she's ok going in bed with foreigners ?
not gonna happen, there must be something.
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2847
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 731
New Zealand

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15 am

Isn't there a VIP members only section for these type of threads? I've got nothing against the topic, but it seems more and more of these sort of discussions are happening and I'm sure the site owners' intentions weren't to create a Cambodia Sexpat/Mongers Forum.

P.S. Mods/Admins...can I get access to the VIP section...pretty pleeease!
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16523
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1560
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by General Mackevili » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:14 am

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
P.S. Mods/Admins...can I get access to the VIP section...pretty pleeease!
Dammit! You asked for VIP access a few days too late!

We just closed it down and kicked everyone off.

We're not sure what we want to do with it. As it was, too many random people were in there, and all some people wanted to do was post porn images, LoL.

We might open it up with a much more closed approach, but not certain.

First thing we need to do is make up a secret handshake.

So, it reminds closed until we know in which direction we want to take it.

:evil:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2847
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 731
New Zealand

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 am

Dammit! lol
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6862
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1626
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by Duncan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:11 am

General Mackevili wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
P.S. Mods/Admins...can I get access to the VIP section...pretty pleeease!
Dammit! You asked for VIP access a few days too late!

We just closed it down and kicked everyone off.

We're not sure what we want to do with it. As it was, too many random people were in there, and all some people wanted to do was post porn images, LoL.

We might open it up with a much more closed approach, but not certain.

First thing we need to do is make up a secret handshake.

So, it reminds closed until we know in which direction we want to take it.

:evil:
May I suggest a North, North-easterly direction.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9561
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1857
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:26 am

General Mackevili wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
P.S. Mods/Admins...can I get access to the VIP section...pretty pleeease!
Dammit! You asked for VIP access a few days too late!

We just closed it down and kicked everyone off.

We're not sure what we want to do with it. As it was, too many random people were in there, and all some people wanted to do was post porn images, LoL.

We might open it up with a much more closed approach, but not certain.

First thing we need to do is make up a secret handshake.

So, it reminds closed until we know in which direction we want to take it.

:evil:
hmmm if u hadn't of mentioned it, i never would have noticed.



Perhaps make it like GGC was ( as i said before) invite only, so u have to be know ( either online or in person) by someone to vouch for you.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
stoneroses
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Reputation: 0
Liechtenstein

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by stoneroses » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:37 am

ali baba wrote:
Drifter wrote:if you see a girl dating barangs she's either divorced, a widow, a former hooker, an actual hooker, or had a baby or two from previous khmer partners, in any case nobody will marry her so foreigners are her only option left.

they're not all gold diggers but most of them are indeed just after the money, some are low maintenance and some are not.
You're projecting here. Just because women find you so repulsive that you can only acquire affection from prostitutes or divorcees doesn't mean that others are in the same situation.
I think Drifters statement is pretty correct from observation and being 10 years up and on in Cambo. There might be a few exeptions, but not many. I know only 2 cases where the woman is still working in a normal (usually low) paid job, which i think is fine, since it makes the relationship a bit more equal.

This is a survival culture, as many others. Having found a Barang sponsor is actually already considerd as a job! Low maintenance is rare, only if she has no better options (Beauty, Age etc.). Love works just in a different way in this country! And not only for Barangs!
Drifter
Expatriate
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:21 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by Drifter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:54 am

stoneroses wrote:think Drifters statement is pretty correct from observation and being 10 years up and on in Cambo. There might be a few exeptions, but not many. I know only 2 cases where the woman is still working in a normal (usually low) paid job, which i think is fine, since it makes the relationship a bit more equal.

This is a survival culture, as many others. Having found a Barang sponsor is actually already considerd as a job! Low maintenance is rare, only if she has no better options (Beauty, Age etc.). Love works just in a different way in this country! And not only for Barangs!
actually it's the same all over asia, it's not just the khmer girls seeing sponsorship as a job or a way to settle down and earn some financial security.

if we talk about greedyness the chinese wins hands down, and her family will quickly size you up, how much you make per month, what you can bring on the table, are you serious about her, blah blah blah ... they really see you as a walking ATM and they don't even try to hide it and it's the same if she's virgin and ready to marry a chinese guy as they will expect a dowry and a house and a fat marriage and that's why so many chinese now cannot afford to marry.

love and marriage are totally different from the West here, it's always first and foremost a material agreement.
once you stop providing she's dump you on the spot and jump in bed with the next sucker and even blame you and shame you for being forced to leave you and move to greener pastures, in their eyes it's always your fault.

being a man in asia means being valued only for what you have, not for who you are.
who you are comes later, it's an accessory, a plus.
of course it's welcome if you're a good man, but it's still just a plus, not a primary requirement.

most of the horror stories we hear about barangs dating local asian girls end up so bad because the barang knows jack shit about the local culture and customs, simple as that, they just apply western thinking into asian culture with obvious results.

it's not so hard to understand asians, what is hard is to accept the cultural barriers and the cultural divide.
nobody likes to accept a girl will stay with you just for the money or the "security" or whatever other buzzword.
but it must be done and it must lead to better choices otherwise you WILL get screwed.

complaining that asians in general are greedy ... what the hell .. welcome to asia .. they're the most greedy and ruthless people on earth.
if you don't like go back home, but if you accept it just adapt to their culture and play your cards accordingly.

my girlfriend is low maintenance and it's the only reason i kept her so long but now the problem is how to get rid of her, she sees me as an investment in terms of time and devotion, there's no difference between us and married couple, she'll not get away empty handed and she's a drama queen and troublemaker, i'll need to be creative ...
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16523
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1560
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by General Mackevili » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:48 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Perhaps make it like GGC was ( as i said before) invite only, so u have to be know ( either online or in person) by someone to vouch for you.
This is an option...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests