Explain a barfine please?

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote: go bar fine agirl than the next day go back to the bar and tell the owner the girl split before she would fuck an see if he does not return your $$
Most won't so far as i know... as they were still down one staff member. While no, it's not common in grocery/etc industries it's actually not all that uncommon in the entertainment industry. Even in the US, if a stripper wants to take the night off she has to pay a fine... it's because they're more than just wait staff, they're the "entertainment product" that is offered as the customer draw.

Which is why a lot of places won't charge one on a dead night, or if it's close to closing time, or if you've already spent a fair amount on drinks which is what the purpose of the girls is in the first place... to help sell more drinks.

I've known a couple of guys who would barfine a chick just to go hang out at other bars because they liked her and by the time it came to it they didn't end up agreeing on a price in the end for the "something more" and called it done.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by OrangeDragon »

vladimir wrote:
Kuroneko wrote:Regardless of bar quality the owners are not making money from any prostitute type activity the girls engage in with once they leave the bar. Since the owner does not collect any of their earnings from this activity he is not a pimp..
Yeah, I was only obeying orders.

The owner profits from hookers working ex his residence. Customers come to his place because of the girls and he makes money.

How is that not 'collecting earnings'?

To test this, remove the girls, and see how happy the owner is. Wow. Surprise, not happy.

He's a pimp. Deal with it.
The owner profits from girls entertaining customers (not sleeping with them) INSIDE his bar, because they buy drinks. Same as a strip club... does that make anyone running a strip club where the girls aren't sleeping with customers a pimp as well?
User avatar
Flexnez
Expatriate
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 6:46 pm
Reputation: 0
Norway

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by Flexnez »

In most of the hostess bars, there is an army of hostesses on duty, so if one is barfined, this will not necessarily lead to less sales of drinks. Even if a bar is nearly empty, you still have to pay a bar fine. In such cases the bar fine is net profit for the owner. And although there may be an occasional weirdo who likes to pay a bar fine just to hang out with a girl, I think we can safely assume that the vast majority pays a bar fine to sleep with the lady. The owner knows it, and he benefits from it
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11918
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 3036
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by phuketrichard »

if u guys want to live in a bubble go for it :facepalm:

When a girl is "barfined"she knows 100% why,
and the bar owner knows as well.

99% of the bars in Bangkok will return your fee the next day if u go and complain that the girl did not do what she was expected to do., They want to keep their reputation an i would assume PP is the same

As Flexnez says the loss of one girl out of 20 in a bar that has 30 seats wont make one bit of difference so the owner profits and is merely offering a place for a lonely guy to find someone to fuck.

The ONLY time i have seen girls bar fined an NOT expected to sleep with the guy is if the the punter takes a girl an she tells him she wants take her friend along to have fun and she often goes home alone or to a freelance bar so she can make a few extra bucks ( why waste the bar fine)

Many girls would be pissed as hell if u bar fined them an sent them home saying u want sleep alone and not fuck and would often DEMAND $$ for something as they make nothing off the bar fine.

PS as to strip clubs in the states, I worked in many of the clubs ( and got to know many of the owners) over a 2 years period in north beach in sf an NONE of the girls ever went with customers nor was there anything like a bar fine
Plus i frequented strip/gogo clubs often back in the 60's as a kid in the DC area and there as well they never went with customers.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1350
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 126

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by Joker Poker »

A lot of girls that have been short-timed will go straight back to the bar after and carry on working. I was at a St 136 bar recently and two of the girls went with ST customers and were back before midnight, put the slut wear back on and were back into it. Would they go with another customer that night? Of course they would, I know both of the girls concerned, and have absolutely no doubt about it.

Would the bar accept a second bar fine? What do you reckon.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:if u guys want to live in a bubble go for it :facepalm:

When a girl is "barfined"she knows 100% why,
and the bar owner knows as well.

99% of the bars in Bangkok will return your fee the next day if u go and complain that the girl did not do what she was expected to do., They want to keep their reputation an i would assume PP is the same

As Flexnez says the loss of one girl out of 20 in a bar that has 30 seats wont make one bit of difference so the owner profits and is merely offering a place for a lonely guy to find someone to fuck.

The ONLY time i have seen girls bar fined an NOT expected to sleep with the guy is if the the punter takes a girl an she tells him she wants take her friend along to have fun and she often goes home alone or to a freelance bar so she can make a few extra bucks ( why waste the bar fine)

Many girls would be pissed as hell if u bar fined them an sent them home saying u want sleep alone and not fuck and would often DEMAND $$ for something as they make nothing off the bar fine.

PS as to strip clubs in the states, I worked in many of the clubs ( and got to know many of the owners) over a 2 years period in north beach in sf an NONE of the girls ever went with customers nor was there anything like a bar fine
Plus i frequented strip/gogo clubs often back in the 60's as a kid in the DC area and there as well they never went with customers.
i've never once heard of a bar here refunding a bar fine except this one case of a dude getting his phone stolen... and i'm not sure what hostess bars you guys are going to, but most of the ones i see have about 5-6 girls in them, not 20. some as few as 2-4.

as for girls fined but not expected to sleep with the guy... is that the bars expectations or hers/the guys? you think the bar will care if she doesn't put out? don't the bars in thailand have something called a coyote that specifically DOESN'T sleep with the customers? and i can't think of a single girl that would be pissed for not having to put out after a bar fine... they'd just go freelance (like you said, why waste the barfine) or just go back to the bar and pocket the next barfine themselves.

as for US strip clubs... it's not about going with customers (i actually explicitly said that in my post) it's about "if you want off when you're scheduled to work, you're expected to pay the bar compensation for you leaving" because they're the entertainment. just like a barfine, the girls are the entertainment. hell, there are hostesses who ONLY go for lady drinks and don't take barfines. they tend to be the ones that pull 10+ lady drinks a night and end up making pretty good cash off of it without risking the shit that's risked when fucking a customer.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by OrangeDragon »

Joker Poker wrote:A lot of girls that have been short-timed will go straight back to the bar after and carry on working. I was at a St 136 bar recently and two of the girls went with ST customers and were back before midnight, put the slut wear back on and were back into it. Would they go with another customer that night? Of course they would, I know both of the girls concerned, and have absolutely no doubt about it.

Would the bar accept a second bar fine? What do you reckon.
frequently they tell the customer there is one, then take the money themselves. though not every time.
User avatar
jah steu
Expatriate
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Reputation: 186
Australia

Explain a barfine please?

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote:if u guys want to live in a bubble go for it :facepalm:

When a girl is "barfined"she knows 100% why,
and the bar owner knows as well.

99% of the bars in Bangkok will return your fee the next day if u go and complain that the girl did not do what she was expected to do., They want to keep their reputation an i would assume PP is the same

As Flexnez says the loss of one girl out of 20 in a bar that has 30 seats wont make one bit of difference so the owner profits and is merely offering a place for a lonely guy to find someone to fuck.

The ONLY time i have seen girls bar fined an NOT expected to sleep with the guy is if the the punter takes a girl an she tells him she wants take her friend along to have fun and she often goes home alone or to a freelance bar so she can make a few extra bucks ( why waste the bar fine)

Many girls would be pissed as hell if u bar fined them an sent them home saying u want sleep alone and not fuck and would often DEMAND $$ for something as they make nothing off the bar fine.
Thailand (and the Philippines) are NOT Phnom Penh. The hostess bars here have a very different philosophy. Unlike the meat markets in Thailand, the girls working in hostess bars here are under no obligation whatsoever to either go out with customers or sleep with them. I think this is much better and part of the charm of PP hostess bars.

From my experience, around 50% of girls are barfined to go dancing, eating and cruising with the guy around other bars and they don't end up in the guy's hotel. Of the ones that do go to the hotel, about 30% don't have intercourse with the customer. The guy just wants to cuddle them and have a soft cute companion for the night. True.

Sure there are hard core mongers just out looking for a fuck, but a surprising number of customers just want a gorgeous young Khmer companion to cruise around with for the evening. Often hostess bar girls will refuse to go out with customers who just roll into a bar, buy a single ladydrink and demand that the girl go out with them.

Yes bars make money from a barfine. But they also lose money when regular customers of a popular girl subsequently come in to the bar, see that their girl is not there, and exit the bar swiftly.

90-95% of hostess bar customers on a given night do not take a girl out with them. They are there for a bit of flirting, cuddling, laughing, and drinking.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11918
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 3036
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by phuketrichard »

Jah;
ur really are naive and live in the bubble
" your experience"?
u really believe a guy bar fines a girl an takes her back to the room to cuddle. My god,
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 7:25 am
Reputation: 36

Re: Explain a barfine please?

Post by Satiated Parrot »

phuketrichard wrote:Jah;
ur really are naive and live in the bubble
" your experience"?
u really believe a guy bar fines a girl an takes her back to the room to cuddle. My god,
Some might. But those that do don't want to just cuddle - they're impotent.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests