Best Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh?

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 815
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by bolueeleh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:18 pm
jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 pm
fax wrote:
jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 pm
All the girls on salary arrive at 6.30pm. The ladydrink girls usually arrive 7-8pm.
What you have girls on salary OR ladydrink? How does that work? Just curious.
Most girls work on salary. Typically $100 a month for a newbie with no experience and no English, up to $180 for the best girls. They get bonuses for hitting ladydrink targets, eg $15 for 150 drinks a month.
Newbies get about 40-80 ladydrinks a month. Top girls get 250-320 drinks a month. Each ladydrink earns them $1.50.
Some girls don’t want to work 6pm-2am every day, they want more flexibility and the freedom to come and go as they please. They come and work at the bar but just get paid for the ladydrinks they earn, no salary. Salary girls and ladydrinks girls appear the same to customers and have to obey the same bar rules.
The top girls can make a fair amount of money. Say $180 basic salary, plus $375 for 250 ladydrinks, $25 target bonus, plus maybe $80 in customer tips, plus if they go out with customers maybe ten times a month that’s another maybe $600. That’s $1,260 a month.
Most of the experienced girls also have at least one or two guys sending them money each month from overseas, typically $200-500 each.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(i already know what usually happens but)... just out of curiosity, whats the deal with the barfines for the 'ladydrink' girls in your bars, who are not on salary and as you put are free to come and go as they please, do they still need to be barfined if they want to leave with a customer?
that why some bargirls insist that u go to the bar to barfine them, so they can pocket the extra 10$
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 428

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by Felgerkarb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Well, things have certainly changed over the years.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:54 pm
Reputation: 118
Australia

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:51 pm

jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pm
Apart from our own group of bars on street 130, which I honestly think are pretty good with some great girls, other bars getting mentioned by our customers are Oscars and 104 bar on street 104, One3Six bar on street 130/5; 69 bar, Route 136, Phnom Penh Hilton (after midnight), Tokyo bar all on street 136, and Mao bar on riverside at 108.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do like One3Six not for the girls but the fact they play live music, keep up the good work mate.
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 3292
Cambodia

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by Brody » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm
Well, things have certainly changed over the years.
Felg ain't joking...back when he was laying pipe around the track the girls looked like this:

Image
User avatar
jah steu
Expatriate
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Reputation: 161
Australia

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by jah steu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote: (i already know what usually happens but)... just out of curiosity, whats the deal with the barfines for the 'ladydrink' girls in your bars, who are not on salary and as you put are free to come and go as they please, do they still need to be barfined if they want to leave with a customer?
Yes they do. From the customers’ point of view there is no difference between salary girls and ladydrink girls. He meets them in the bar, buys them some drinks and then leaves the bar with them.
The bar provides the meeting venue for the girls and has overheads it has to cover. Overheads are about $300-400 a day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13975
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2186
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:33 pm

jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: (i already know what usually happens but)... just out of curiosity, whats the deal with the barfines for the 'ladydrink' girls in your bars, who are not on salary and as you put are free to come and go as they please, do they still need to be barfined if they want to leave with a customer?
Yes they do. From the customers’ point of view there is no difference between salary girls and ladydrink girls. He meets them in the bar, buys them some drinks and then leaves the bar with them.
The bar provides the meeting venue for the girls and has overheads it has to cover. Overheads are about $300-400 a day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
as i say i already knew the answer, was just interested to hear what you had to say :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
jah steu
Expatriate
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Reputation: 161
Australia

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by jah steu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
that why some bargirls insist that u go to the bar to barfine them, so they can pocket the extra 10$
Nope. The bar gets the $10, not the girl.
The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment, gives them loans, medical care, and generates customers for them.
It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
User avatar
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:27 am
Reputation: 1175
India

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by prahocalypse now » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 pm

jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm



The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment
How do you make sure the girls' working environment is safe once they have been barfined and are working away from the bar?
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13975
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2186
Location: Angeles
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 am

jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
that why some bargirls insist that u go to the bar to barfine them, so they can pocket the extra 10$
Nope. The bar gets the $10, not the girl.
The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment, gives them loans, medical care, and generates customers for them.
It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think this was the answer i was fishing for earlier
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
jah steu
Expatriate
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Reputation: 161
Australia

Best Hostess Bar?

Post by jah steu » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 am

prahocalypse now wrote:
jah steu wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm



The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment
How do you make sure the girls' working environment is safe once they have been barfined and are working away from the bar?
We don’t. Once they leave the bar they have left our work. They choose to leave work early and go out with a customer. We do not influence that decision. They are then responsible for their own safety just like any member of the public.
That’s the official view Image
Unofficially the girls help each other vet customers. And if we know a customer is bad, we tell the girl about him so she can make a more informed choice.
For example there is one expat whose idea of a good time is to barfine inexperienced bargirls, take them home, slap and hit them until they cry and then fuck them while they are crying.
All our staff have my phone number, the bar manager’s number and the local police number. They are encouraged to contact us if they encounter a serious problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests