Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Yes... we are absolutely interested in your $50,000 bar for sale with 3 stools and no customers.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2070
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 am

basta.binici wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm
Is anyone familiar with the state of play with those 99yr island concessions issued approx 12-14 years ago?
About 10 concessions from memory - to most of the major islands....
Any updates??
You can find the answers here. The issues were solved in 2018. No issues anymore from 2018. Please, read:
https://kohrongre.com/koh-rong-and-saml ... ownership/
Thanks Basta, My question was about all the concessions generally - and all the grandiose promises,
but thanks for this info on K.Rong at least.

Yeah, i know what you mean about unreliable rumours. I'm a "hard-facts" "what's your source" kinda guy myself.
But you can't be too critical of people telling half-baked stories. imo. Transparency and openness by those who are inside the loop is pretty rare here. So thanks for sharing your info/knowledge.
And at least Willy asked straight up front. I know it must be hard sometimes in your business, but there are those of us who sometimes feel the need to "interrogate" anybody who is offering land for sale in Cambodia. Often quite validly. So much land has been stolen here.
But you can probably understand that too.
Anyway, thanks again.
User avatar
basta.binici
Expatriate
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm
Reputation: 21
Contact:
Turkey

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by basta.binici » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:32 pm

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 am
basta.binici wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:25 pm
Is anyone familiar with the state of play with those 99yr island concessions issued approx 12-14 years ago?
About 10 concessions from memory - to most of the major islands....
Any updates??
You can find the answers here. The issues were solved in 2018. No issues anymore from 2018. Please, read:
https://kohrongre.com/koh-rong-and-saml ... ownership/
Thanks Basta, My question was about all the concessions generally - and all the grandiose promises,
but thanks for this info on K.Rong at least.

Yeah, i know what you mean about unreliable rumours. I'm a "hard-facts" "what's your source" kinda guy myself.
But you can't be too critical of people telling half-baked stories. imo. Transparency and openness by those who are inside the loop is pretty rare here. So thanks for sharing your info/knowledge.
And at least Willy asked straight up front. I know it must be hard sometimes in your business, but there are those of us who sometimes feel the need to "interrogate" anybody who is offering land for sale in Cambodia. Often quite validly. So much land has been stolen here.
But you can probably understand that too.
Anyway, thanks again.
You are right.
We offer to run a due diligence (cheap cost) by an independent lawyer. They will find out any problem about the land and ownership if there is. We recommend payment by Escrow or directly at land department signing official hard title transfer contract.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8029
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3850
Yemen

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by John Bingham » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Image
Obviously another Chinese Naval base.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am
Reputation: 274
Location: Australia
Albania

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by willyhilly » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:58 pm

I find it hard to believe that Kith Meng lost the lease. After all we know who he is the bagman for. They sold the block on Occateul I believe.
As for the independent lawyer stuff, that’s a ridiculous claim. Good luck with the sale, there are plenty of people with money out there.
But where does the waste water go and how are those piers anchored. Any engineering drawings?
This is a forum for tossing around opinions. Many dare to ask awkward questions. Truth and transparency should be the order of the day even if it is Cambodia.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2070
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm

How much for the house? - at the end of the pier there ^^
It is slightly more substantial than i had envisioned, but otherwise it meets all my requirements. Perfectly.
User avatar
basta.binici
Expatriate
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm
Reputation: 21
Contact:
Turkey

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by basta.binici » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:21 pm

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm
How much for the house? - at the end of the pier there ^^
It is slightly more substantial than i had envisioned, but otherwise it meets all my requirements. Perfectly.
It is my dream home too. Needs a hummock and some music.
User avatar
basta.binici
Expatriate
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm
Reputation: 21
Contact:
Turkey

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by basta.binici » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image

Read the news about subdecree in the link below. More than 1200 land plots on Koh Rong are acknowledged by a subdecree by HE in 2018:https://www.khmertimeskh.com/480079/pm- ... d-dispute/
rogerrabbit
Expatriate
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:17 am
Reputation: 120

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by rogerrabbit » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:30 pm

willyhilly wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:58 pm
I find it hard to believe that Kith Meng lost the lease. After all we know who he is the bagman for. They sold the block on Occateul I believe.
As for the independent lawyer stuff, that’s a ridiculous claim. Good luck with the sale, there are plenty of people with money out there.
But where does the waste water go and how are those piers anchored. Any engineering drawings?
This is a forum for tossing around opinions. Many dare to ask awkward questions. Truth and transparency should be the order of the day even if it is Cambodia.
Royal Group hasn't lost the lease. RG is one of the companies developing the airport that will be situated on their land, they have one big resort operating there already and few others in planning phase. I don't think they ever leased the whole island, did they?
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2070
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:34 am

just a thought on the big picture
re us guys supporting the kind of development/tourism that we would prefer
post386784.html#p386784
User avatar
basta.binici
Expatriate
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:47 pm
Reputation: 21
Contact:
Turkey

Re: Beachfront Hotel with pier for Rent in Koh Rong - 11 rooms $2500 / month

Post by basta.binici » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 am

Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests