7-11 Coming Soon

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 7-11 Coming Soon

Post by Strawberryshake »

Before you know it throughout PP within a 500 meter radius there will be a 7/11..That will be a good thing cause the current minimarts here i find them inferior and overpriced !
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

the 'super' markets in cambodia are generally dire and uncompetitive
so any competition is welcome
but we need a carrefour, tesco, costco, etc to really show them up

monstra mihi bona!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:We'll have to wait and see. Where I'm from 7/11 and other chains never bothered entering the market as there's a long history of well stocked mom and pop stores which are hard to compete with. To this day they've got a semi-monopoly, especially since they can be in residential areas whereas proper 7/11 style places need to be a bit further out.
It’s all about zoning where you are from. The chains would love to enter the market, but the residential zoning commissions won’t let them. Probably backed by the monopoly of mom and pop stores stopping them.

A properly run big chain store like WalMart (and 7/11) has tight control of inventory. No wasted shelf space. No wasted personnel, either. Leveraged prices from the suppliers. Just in time delivery of product daily. And deep pockets to survive any price war in order to gain market share.

If the zoning restrictions were ever lifted, the mom and pops would be edged out eventually.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
CP All suspends 7-Eleven launch in Cambodia, Laos
Nov 20. 2020
By The Nation
CP All, the local operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores, has suspended its plan to launch 7-Eleven stores in Laos and Cambodia due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak in both countries.

The company would go ahead with the launch plan once the outbreak situation improves, said CP All senior vice president Kriengchai Boonpoapichart.

CP ALL (Cambodia) and CP All (Laos) have each been granted franchising rights for the establishment and operation of 7-Eleven stores for 30 years.
https://www.nationthailand.com/noname/30398231
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 pm UPDATE
CP All suspends 7-Eleven launch in Cambodia, Laos
Nov 20. 2020
By The Nation
CP All, the local operator of 7-Eleven convenience stores, has suspended its plan to launch 7-Eleven stores in Laos and Cambodia due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak in both countries.

The company would go ahead with the launch plan once the outbreak situation improves, said CP All senior vice president Kriengchai Boonpoapichart.

CP ALL (Cambodia) and CP All (Laos) have each been granted franchising rights for the establishment and operation of 7-Eleven stores for 30 years.
https://www.nationthailand.com/noname/30398231
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

I believe it's a wiser move...
Now the market here has aeon mart or chip mong mart... You want to penetrate here with over priced items, losses definitely inevitable...
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I'm sure we'll cope without them.
Actually I love Thai Huot, Lucky and Bayon.
That's all I need. And the guys who deliver 100 litres of water. And a gf to buy stuff in the market.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Thai Hout had 3 weeks of double prices on some lines- they wound them back
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 pm I'm sure we'll cope without them.
All of those are overpriced compared to 7-11 in Thailand.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 pm I'm sure we'll cope without them.
All of those are overpriced compared to 7-11 in Thailand.
THis;

7/11 in Thailand prices are less 10-20% across the board for things, BUT of course they would be as most of Thai Huot, Lucky and Bayon supplies, ( not to mention the mall supermarkets as well) come from thailand & Vietnam
Once 7/11 gets in, all these others will be history as they wont be able to compete on prices.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic