WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 8916
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1557
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by phuketrichard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am

just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 5974
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1158
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Duncan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am

Rumor has it , that a similar deal, but on a much smaller scale , was made with the Garage Bar. No in going investment , just pay rent.
Think about it for a moment,,, why would someone invest thousands of dollars in a business and get fuck all return for it , when it's the buildings owner that's making the money through rent and property's value going up.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4479
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 962
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by hanno » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:28 am

phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am
just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
I guess it depends on the property. When I worked in Temple Town, we made lots of money with the bar.
Inshadesofblue
Expatriate
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 4:22 pm
Reputation: 4

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Inshadesofblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi guys

I am traveling for the next 2 days. But send me your basic qualifications and general background info via PM

---A bit more about the hotel---
- 13 rooms, average occupancy around 70%. Operating for just under a year
- Occupancy averaged 85.72% from August-March (last year) - September being slow.
- Location is stellar - 4-5 mins walk from pub street
- Room rate: $10-20 (depending on room type) - No breakfast included in the price. (People who buy breakfast as part of the rate, go to the restaurant/bar area, as that's where we serve breakfast)
- General demographics of hotel guests - 25-35 yr olds.

---And to the skeptics---
Running a bar is a tough job; infact a full time job. And moreover, it's not for everybody. Also, I don't like late nights, and much rather give it to somebody who specialises in this. No Scam here , no nothing - just trying to add more specialised talent:).

Plus, I wanna try and attract the local expat community, and that will take even greater efforts. I simply don't have that kind of time (i have a lot going on for the next year or so).
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 pm
Reputation: 5
Location: phnom phen
Finland

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by saigonjackpot » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Inshadesofblue wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 pm
Hi guys

I am traveling for the next 2 days. But send me your basic qualifications and general background info via PM

---A bit more about the hotel---
- 13 rooms, average occupancy around 70%; we have been in operation around 1 year
- Occupancy averaged 85.72% from August-March (last year) - September being slow.
- Location is stellar - 4-5 mins walk from pub street
- Room rate: $10-30 (depending on room type)
- General demographics of hotel guests - 25-35 yr olds.

---And to the skeptics---
Running a bar is a tough job; infact a full time job. And moreover, it's not for everybody. Also, I don't like late nights, and much rather give it to somebody who specialises in this.
I wanna try and attract the local expat community, and that will take even greater efforts. It's just a matter of doing what you're good at, and channeling your energy in those things. :)
the name of your bar?

how many hours a day/night?
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13623
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1821
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am
just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
where i stay in Pattaya i always have a few before i go out, but it is quite a lively bar with great staff, its cheap too so that being half the temptation too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 10764
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1650
Australia

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by frank lee bent » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:10 pm

bkktrapper is a perfect fit for this. he could tap the sweet midrange demographic between wide eyed sjw and jaded expats in the younger bracket.
too bad it is not in Battambang where he could really shine.
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 802
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by bolueeleh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am
just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
where i stay in Pattaya i always have a few before i go out, but it is quite a lively bar with great staff, its cheap too so that being half the temptation too
u drink everywhere, anywhere, anytime :lol:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 13623
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 1821
Location: Naklua
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Jamie_Lambo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am
just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
where i stay in Pattaya i always have a few before i go out, but it is quite a lively bar with great staff, its cheap too so that being half the temptation too
u drink everywhere, anywhere, anytime :lol:
Image
Image
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Seasquatch
Expatriate
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:55 pm
Reputation: 65
United States of America

Re: WANNA RUN A BAR in SIEM REAP? I Need your talent! NO INVESTMENT needed

Post by Seasquatch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:44 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am
just curious,
how many of u drink in ur hotel bar before going out or when u come back to sleep? Most leave their room heading out, not just heading downstairs.
I cant recall ever

If i was thinking about it, i'd look into perhaps some sort of entertainment ( pool table) to draw outsiders in. Poker draws drew a nice crowd to the walkabout
where i stay in Pattaya i always have a few before i go out, but it is quite a lively bar with great staff, its cheap too so that being half the temptation too
u drink everywhere, anywhere, anytime :lol:
Image
Image
Image
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests