Worming Tablets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 19
Location: here
Contact:
Great Britain

Worming Tablets

Post by Doc67 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:22 am

I have been told by someone, who is normally very sensible, that I should take worming tablets every 6 months or so as a preventative measure.

Any merit to this idea?

As always, many thanks in advance...
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 545
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Arget » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 am

Mad if you don't. Worms are easy to pass on through exchange of money, or touching anything contaminated.

I do it each 6 months. Better to be safe than sorry.

It is cheap.
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 19
Location: here
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Doc67 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am

Arget wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 am
Mad if you don't. Worms are easy to pass on through exchange of money, or touching anything contaminated.

I do it each 6 months. Better to be safe than sorry.

It is cheap.
Any recomendations for the meds?
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1063
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 279
Cambodia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Kammekor » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am

Doc67 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am
Arget wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 am
Mad if you don't. Worms are easy to pass on through exchange of money, or touching anything contaminated.

I do it each 6 months. Better to be safe than sorry.

It is cheap.
Any recomendations for the meds?
Zentel.

Two pills in a blister, use 1 blister a day for 3 days.
User avatar
Paulo
Expatriate
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm
Reputation: 29
Canada

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Paulo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 am

Inadequately cooked pork is a source of the Pork Tapeworm eggs which will develop in your body. I don't often eat pork, but I use this one once or twice a year. It is made in Thailand and available in pharmacies and some grocery stores for $1.00. I have heard that this medicine is hard on the liver, so you can't take it too often.

Image
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1063
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 279
Cambodia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Kammekor » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 am

Paulo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 am
Inadequately cooked pork is a source of the Pork Tapeworm eggs which will develop in your body. I don't often eat pork, but I use this one once or twice a year. It is made in Thailand and available in pharmacies and some grocery stores for $1.00. I have heard that this medicine is hard on the liver, so you can't take it too often.

Image
Which medicine is hard on the liver?
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 545
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Arget » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 am

Cannot remember. I think it was zental.

I just go to my pharmacy and ask for worm tablets. They give me three packets to take one each day.

Just ask at your local (larger) pharmacy.
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 10395
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1390
Australia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by frank lee bent » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 am

Sometimes you see them in your shit. Disconcerting.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 223

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by Felgerkarb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am

Zentel every 6 months.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 406
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Worming Tablets

Post by timmydownawell » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 am

I read on the interwebz much debate that the single dose Mebendazole is not as effective as the multi day drug, whatever it is.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ifrenchkiss, lurcio, TOG and 132 guests