Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Multipox
Expatriate
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:20 pm
Reputation: 54
Andorra

Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Multipox »

One of the best I ever had was a Wahl, small, lasted for years and years.

Then another, worked ok but the head start to fall apart.

Then a few months ago got the smallest Philips. Nasty thing. designed by Dracula, takes its toll in blood.

Looking for a Wahl again but will accept even unknown Chinese brand with recommendation.

Can't find a store that sells them yet. Surya has nothing.

any ideas?
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
User avatar
Brody
Expatriate
Posts: 5930
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Reputation: 5926
Location: Phnom Penh
United States of America

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Brody »

Multipox wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm any ideas?
Here's what I use to shave my mangy scruff.......make and model may vary.

Image
User avatar
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 311
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Ravensnest »

I'm thinking perhaps the central market might have cheap beard trimmers.
I'm tagging along to see responses. I want a decent inexpensive one. all that I find in Aeon and similar stores are $50 and up. Wahl makes excellent clippers for sure.
Brody wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Multipox wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm any ideas?
Here's what I use to shave my mangy scruff.......make and model may vary.

Image

:plus1: does that $5 include your pubes too?
Still hunting for opium paraphernalia.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 555

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Felgerkarb »

Or even one of those professional electric clippers barbers have. I would love one of those.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 pm
Reputation: 452
United States of America

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Hate those Phillips cheap garbage. I recall finding more brands in the local markets but none necessarily top brands. May be worth it to Camboquick a good brand off Amazon.
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 766
Australia

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by explorer »

In Cambodia, many of those things go blunt quickly, making them useless.

In Australia, a good brand is Remington.

In Cambodia I suggest, ask the barbers what brand they use, and where they bought them. Then go and buy one of the good ones.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by frizzie77 »

Just completely shave off the shit. It's hipster style, but more importantly: ugly and filthy!

Oh sorry, I just gave my opinion about that thing on a man's face that I don't even want to name. That's how ugly and filthy it is.

IMO
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 9210
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4881
Burkina Faso

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by John Bingham »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:18 pm Or even one of those professional electric clippers barbers have. I would love one of those.
Image

I've had one of these for about 20 years. I replaced the blades about 6 years ago with some I cannibalized out of a broken one, otherwise it's indestructible.
I haven't been to a barbers in years but seeing some of those pictures makes it seem like a good idea.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1146
Cambodia

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:18 pm Or even one of those professional electric clippers barbers have. I would love one of those.
Image

I've had one of these for about 20 years. I replaced the blades about 6 years ago with some I cannibalized out of a broken one, otherwise it's indestructible.
I haven't been to a barbers in years but seeing some of those pictures makes it seem like a good idea.
Yep - $5 once a month ($1.25 for the shave- the rest......???) - My clippers gave up in the humidity and rusted out - but the ladies never age. Willing to go and do a review with you for CEO :beer3:
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 555

Re: Where to find reliable beard trimmer?

Post by Felgerkarb »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:18 pm Or even one of those professional electric clippers barbers have. I would love one of those.
Image

I've had one of these for about 20 years. I replaced the blades about 6 years ago with some I cannibalized out of a broken one, otherwise it's indestructible.
I haven't been to a barbers in years but seeing some of those pictures makes it seem like a good idea.
Yes, I need this! Since my scruff turned gray, it is like iron and nothing cuts it without it seeming like a masochistic ritual of pain.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Woody and 420 guests