Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 358
Vietnam

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by Cruisemonkey »

HappyChappy wrote: ↑Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm Look guys I know people hate these questions because they're common but heeeeeelp!!!

I'm in siem reap and my visa runs out in a couple days, I'm told if I go through the poipet boarder I can come back in for a 3month visa for 40 bucks....... Which i can afford.

BUT

I'm from the UK, do I need to pay to get into Thailand or no???? It was free for me into Vietnam I'm praying its the same πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
I can't be bothered to read three pages (so far) of replies, but you. sir, are an idiot - or a troll.
You could be next.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 798
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by pczz »

Cruisemonkey wrote: ↑Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 pm
HappyChappy wrote: ↑Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:47 pm Look guys I know people hate these questions because they're common but heeeeeelp!!!

I'm in siem reap and my visa runs out in a couple days, I'm told if I go through the poipet boarder I can come back in for a 3month visa for 40 bucks....... Which i can afford.

BUT

I'm from the UK, do I need to pay to get into Thailand or no???? It was free for me into Vietnam I'm praying its the same πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
I can't be bothered to read three pages (so far) of replies, but you. sir, are an idiot - or a troll.
Why do you say that? If you are a newbie in Asia all this stuff can be confusing and there is a shedload of conflicting advice usually on the internet? Not all uk visitirs go via Thailand, so its quite possible he doesnt know about Thai visa rules
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 358
Vietnam

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by Cruisemonkey »

pczz wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:11 am If you are a newbie in Asia all this stuff can be confusing and there is a shedload of conflicting advice usually on the internet?

Exactly. :facepalm:
You could be next.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Reputation: 15
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by HappyChappy »

Cruisemonkey wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:46 am
pczz wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:11 am If you are a newbie in Asia all this stuff can be confusing and there is a shedload of conflicting advice usually on the internet?

Exactly. :facepalm:
'I' can't be bothered to invest too much energy into your comment (indefinitely), but you sir are synical and most likely very jaded. I suggest you change your lifestyle, you're wildly negative.

I had someone lying to me about the visa run and luckily for ME, (some) of the CEO crew will have your back and out you on the right path.

We all have to start somewhere buddy, big shout out to the supporters you've taken a LOT of stress off my mind.


P. S. Reminder everyone, be kind, ALWAYS pay it forward....... And be happy - HappyChappy
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1207
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by AndyKK »

Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 798
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 pm Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
AFAIK work is work and requires an e visa and work permit whether it is voluntary or paid unless arranged as part of sponsored visit ("pay to volunteer") programme.
E vis a and work permit is required if you work in Cambodia, even if you are paid and pay taxes abroad, somnething digital nomads ignore. i believ thailand has a special scheme for digital nomads who work in thailand but get paid elsewhere, for example if you run a web design service in London and pay uk taxes but just happen to park your but in Thailand. thinks its quite expensive though. In europe some countries do the same. You can pay a fixed mount of tax instead of the normal calculations but it is not cheap.
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1207
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 am
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 pm Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
AFAIK work is work and requires an e visa and work permit whether it is voluntary or paid unless arranged as part of sponsored visit ("pay to volunteer") programme.
E vis a and work permit is required if you work in Cambodia, even if you are paid and pay taxes abroad, somnething digital nomads ignore. i believ thailand has a special scheme for digital nomads who work in thailand but get paid elsewhere, for example if you run a web design service in London and pay uk taxes but just happen to park your but in Thailand. thinks its quite expensive though. In europe some countries do the same. You can pay a fixed mount of tax instead of the normal calculations but it is not cheap.
Thing is their, that Thailand has a tax agreement. So basically for digital nomads you could in effect take the lesser tax amount, but at least you would not suffer the double tax.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 798
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 am
pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 am
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 pm Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
AFAIK work is work and requires an e visa and work permit whether it is voluntary or paid unless arranged as part of sponsored visit ("pay to volunteer") programme.
E vis a and work permit is required if you work in Cambodia, even if you are paid and pay taxes abroad, somnething digital nomads ignore. i believ thailand has a special scheme for digital nomads who work in thailand but get paid elsewhere, for example if you run a web design service in London and pay uk taxes but just happen to park your but in Thailand. thinks its quite expensive though. In europe some countries do the same. You can pay a fixed mount of tax instead of the normal calculations but it is not cheap.
Thing is their, that Thailand has a tax agreement. So basically for digital nomads you could in effect take the lesser tax amount, but at least you would not suffer the double tax.
You do not get double taxed in Cambodia if you are a brit either. I asked at both tax offices. HMRC say that there is no official tax treaty with Cambodia but if you can show you paid tax here on earnings in Cambodia they will not double tax you. Cambodian tax office said pretty much the same thing but said that applies to all foreigners. They only tax you on income generated in cambodia. Cambodian citizens, however, are supposed to be taxed on all their worldwide income
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1207
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by AndyKK »

pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 pm
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 am
pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 am
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 pm Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
AFAIK work is work and requires an e visa and work permit whether it is voluntary or paid unless arranged as part of sponsored visit ("pay to volunteer") programme.
E vis a and work permit is required if you work in Cambodia, even if you are paid and pay taxes abroad, somnething digital nomads ignore. i believ thailand has a special scheme for digital nomads who work in thailand but get paid elsewhere, for example if you run a web design service in London and pay uk taxes but just happen to park your but in Thailand. thinks its quite expensive though. In europe some countries do the same. You can pay a fixed mount of tax instead of the normal calculations but it is not cheap.
Thing is their, that Thailand has a tax agreement. So basically for digital nomads you could in effect take the lesser tax amount, but at least you would not suffer the double tax.
You do not get double taxed in Cambodia if you are a brit either. I asked at both tax offices. HMRC say that there is no official tax treaty with Cambodia but if you can show you paid tax here on earnings in Cambodia they will not double tax you. Cambodian tax office said pretty much the same thing but said that applies to all foreigners. They only tax you on income generated in cambodia. Cambodian citizens, however, are supposed to be taxed on all their worldwide income
Yes this is so, I think at the moment the only official tax treaty is with Singapore, what was more of a concern, were pensions at one time. Has you had mentioned before about digital nomads I remember meeting 3 in Thailand (subcontracting the same company has I was). But they kept on moving in them old days, now it is all a little different.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 798
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by pczz »

AndyKK wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:02 pm
pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:22 pm
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 am
pczz wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 am
AndyKK wrote: ↑Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 pm Happy chappy you was not exactly clear from the start of your post, that I would say was misleading. So what of the visa, what visa is required for volunteers doing unpaid work?
AFAIK work is work and requires an e visa and work permit whether it is voluntary or paid unless arranged as part of sponsored visit ("pay to volunteer") programme.
E vis a and work permit is required if you work in Cambodia, even if you are paid and pay taxes abroad, somnething digital nomads ignore. i believ thailand has a special scheme for digital nomads who work in thailand but get paid elsewhere, for example if you run a web design service in London and pay uk taxes but just happen to park your but in Thailand. thinks its quite expensive though. In europe some countries do the same. You can pay a fixed mount of tax instead of the normal calculations but it is not cheap.
Thing is their, that Thailand has a tax agreement. So basically for digital nomads you could in effect take the lesser tax amount, but at least you would not suffer the double tax.
You do not get double taxed in Cambodia if you are a brit either. I asked at both tax offices. HMRC say that there is no official tax treaty with Cambodia but if you can show you paid tax here on earnings in Cambodia they will not double tax you. Cambodian tax office said pretty much the same thing but said that applies to all foreigners. They only tax you on income generated in cambodia. Cambodian citizens, however, are supposed to be taxed on all their worldwide income
Yes this is so, I think at the moment the only official tax treaty is with Singapore, what was more of a concern, were pensions at one time. Has you had mentioned before about digital nomads I remember meeting 3 in Thailand (subcontracting the same company has I was). But they kept on moving in them old days, now it is all a little different.
a tax dodger is a tax dosger regardless of the excuse
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beaker, CamboPete, daeum_tnaot, DaniHirsch, Ingvar 7788, lagrange, NitNoi, timmydownawell and 201 guests