Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Urgent visa run to Thailand!!!!!

Post by HappyChappy »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 am get an ordinary visa at the border ( $35)
than apply for a 3 month/6 month EG (looking for work extension) apx $90/180 via an agent
Okay thanks dude. Basically the 3 month tourist visa is bull shit???
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 am get an ordinary visa at the border ( $35)
than apply for a 3 month/6 month EG (looking for work extension) apx $90/180 via an agent
Okay thanks dude. Basically the 3 month tourist visa is bull shit???
There is no three month tourist visa. With a tourist visa you get a one month stay on arrival, which is renewable for one more month only. Maybe you are thinking of Cambodian visas issued outside the country, which are valid for use for a period of three months after the issue date.
Visa Validity and Duration
Cambodia visas are valid for 3 months from the date of issue and you are allowed a maximum stay of up to 1 month from date of arrival into Cambodia. You must enter Cambodia within the 3 months validity given from the issue date.
https://www.vinavisas.com/cambodia-visa ... t3msallc4n
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:51 am there's no 3 month tourist visa? I was told if you're not working you could get a three month visa and its legal??
No 3 month Tourist Visa. Whoever told you that hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.

Follow Phuket Richards advice regarding the 3/6 month EG (General) Extension of Stay.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:24 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:51 am there's no 3 month tourist visa? I was told if you're not working you could get a three month visa and its legal??
No 3 month Tourist Visa. Whoever told you that hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.

Follow Phuket Richards advice regarding the 3/6 month EG (General) Extension of Stay.
Jeeeeese seems some people that smile at you the most aren't the ones to trust, guy where I'm working promised me, said it was his job to help people with visa's, "come back on a tourist visa for three months I give you advise for free"

I like to see the best in people, hopefully he's just mistaken.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@HappyChappy local guy or foreigner? Either way, he is most likely just clueless about Cambodian Immigration policies and procedures.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:42 pm @HappyChappy local guy or foreigner? Either way, he is most likely just clueless about Cambodian Immigration policies and procedures.
Local, an agency just told me the same thing, 3 month tourist visa. I'm getting the E type ordinary visa fuck it.

Jeese this place is confusing. Can't keep a happy chappy down though!!!!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Canada

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

When you arrive you can get 1 month tourist or 1 month ordinary, from there you must extend it, I have no knowledge of any other visa that you can get on arrival other than them 2 just mentioned. I imagine there are others but not ones you'll be entitled to get for whatever reason, so for now 1 month tourist or 1 month ordinary, if you want to extend for 3 months then go for the ordinary and when you're extending get an EG visa (looking for work) this will last 1-3-6 months whilst you look for work. Otherwise you can do visa runs etc
A Canadian Goose.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 pm
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm All the Cheap Charlies and Cheats annoying old Mish.

The law is as clear as can be and @PSD-Kiwi makes even clearer.

We can help people to a certain extent but Cambodia dearly desires to attract a better class of people who respect her laws and can contribute fairly to the economy.

I personally am tired of people looking to cheat a few bucks, avoid tax and otherwise take the piss out of the rest who pay up and enjoy the fruits.

I hope Ironman's Glass Eye gets rid of these people.

Mish's few cents worth. Sorry.
This person already has a legal visa and wants to play by the rules and renew their visa. They are asking how to do. :o
This is a question and answer forum, where newbies (or oldies) are supposed to be able to ask stupid questions. If they annoy you, then ignore.
i am corrected. thank you for that. i apologise for not reading :bow:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

j57 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:54 pm why does a simple question about a visa run by a person who is using the site to gain knowledge get a response with such venom and hate?
It is obvious the visitor is not too keen about travel and visa extension facts.
To turn the post into a Let's get all these fucking deadbeats and tax dodgers the fuck out of here is not helpful.
I suspect you would rat out your grandma like a wuhan party member.
Sorry - I misread the original post sir. Mish apologises. :hattip:
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Perhaps a good piece of advice:
AVOID Poipet. Take the bus to Along Veng and up the hill or continue to Osmach and walk up the hill.

I did the latter last month. No trouble with all those questions they ask at Poipet. Simply avoid Poipet. Even if you have 20K baht in cash (in whatever currencies), the outbound plane ticket within 30 days of arrival, the hotel reservations for a few days, have not spent "too many days" in Thailand, have only 1 land entry so far this year and not 2, and dont have "too many thai stamps" in your passport and perhaps a few things more that I have not been asked so far by those dragon. IF you go avoid - if possible - the lady officers they are recycled reptiles from a snake farm.

Less wait and no trouble with the transport mafia on your way back. So Anlong Veng might be an excellent choice. If you plan on doing some shopping in Thailand: Take Osmach and hop on the van to Surin.

COngrats to all those rich posters who have so much money in their accounts that they can spend their useless time with leaving even more useless comments here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic