"Uppers" without prescription?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 609
United States of America

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by angkorjohn2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 pm

I would also add if you are travelling I am assuming that it is across SEA not just Cambodia? Always be careful that you aren't taking anything across the borders that conflict with other countries laws. Each country has its own laws on prescription drugs.
User avatar
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Reputation: 4
Norway

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by kenneth.wangen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm

angkorjohn2 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm
kenneth.wangen wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west. And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
Hi Kenny

I apologize if it came across as forceful but we get a lot of young people passing through searching for uppers and if they cant get it from a pharmacy they will likely take some crap off the street often in lethal doses or pure heroin sold as cocaine. Or potentially some locally produced version of an upper from a less trustworthy pharmacy the ingredients of which you can never 100% trust

Why would you need it? You say you need energy to travel? An early night, morning exercise and natural stimulant will see you OK as a young man. Not sure what you need for when travelling, you're on holiday, enjoy it, and outside of the happy pizza's avoid purchasing any drugs in Cambodia. Safe travels sir

No worries! :beer3: I am not one of those people.
Safe travels!
User avatar
kenneth.wangen
Tourist
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Reputation: 4
Norway

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by kenneth.wangen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:37 pm

angkorjohn2 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 pm
I would also add if you are travelling I am assuming that it is across SEA not just Cambodia? Always be careful that you aren't taking anything across the borders that conflict with other countries laws. Each country has its own laws on prescription drugs.
I am aware of that, but thank very much!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am
Reputation: 162
Cambodia

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by canucklhead » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:10 am

Look for cold pills with ephedrine. Plenty of them around.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 468

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by Felgerkarb » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am

So funny, mention uppers and people get uncomfortable, but Xanax, valium, synthetic opiates, etc, right over the counter no problem.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
Nicolas
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm
Reputation: 100
France

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by Nicolas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am

Are Nootropil Piracetam pills uppers? You can find that in pharmacies here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Nicolas
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm
Reputation: 100
France

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by Nicolas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am

canucklhead wrote:Look for cold pills with ephedrine. Plenty of them around.
Never found ephedrine in PP. Do you have a brand in mind?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Ravensnest
Expatriate
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:42 pm
Reputation: 307
Contact:
United States of America

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by Ravensnest » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 am

kenneth.wangen wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi, angkorjohn2.

Thank you very much for you inputs and opinions. In my opinion I am not asking because I want to do something illegal in this country. Quite on the contrary, I am asking because I want to know what is customary here and whether it is legal or not, to make shure I don't risk breaking the law. Just like with relaxants, like diazepam etc. which seem to be much more liberal here than in the west (and apparantly is being discussed at length here at this website - which demands membership and therefore it is debateable whether public or not). And now I know, so thank you again, sir.
It's my belief t.he.y wants a half-sleeping / relaxed population rather than one that is wide awake, full of energy, and paranoid. Hence why one genre is okay and the other is not.


I'd like to smoke DMT, I'm just throwing that out there if anyone has a connect. Damn you Joe Rogan :)
Still hunting for opium paraphernalia.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 609
United States of America

Re: "Uppers" without prescription?

Post by angkorjohn2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am

Felgerkarb wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 am
So funny, mention uppers and people get uncomfortable, but Xanax, valium, synthetic opiates, etc, right over the counter no problem.
to clarify Felgerkarb I completely agree with you sir, I think it is a major concern they are also available with many people not having the education around their use especially when mixed with alcohol and the dangers linked with that as we often see on these pages, often these are linked to many deaths of young people here. However, the post was about uppers so I, and I'm sure others, only addressed the question of the uppers.
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1235
Korea North

Re:

Post by fax » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 am

Nicolas wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am
Are Nootropil Piracetam pills uppers? You can find that in pharmacies here.
No, it doesn’t give a high.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angsta, Bluenose, John Bingham, Tarndog and 217 guests