Inexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
lighthouse
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Inexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by lighthouse » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi there,

I need to get from PP to Battambang by car mid of January. Of course I don't want to drive myself. I'd like to know:
  • What is the most unexpensive option (taxi, Uber...)
  • How do I hire that option
  • How much will that cost
  • How long will it take
  • Should I be concerned about security somehow?
And any other information I might be overlooking but is important.

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11644
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2940
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by phuketrichard » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 am

its a 5 +hour drive, if you stop somewhere for lunch. I've driven it a few times
Inexpensive option is the bus, taxi figure around $70 or so but not sure 100%
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3369
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1085
Great Britain

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by AndyKK » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am

lighthouse wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi there,

I need to get from PP to Battambang by car mid of January. Of course I don't want to drive myself. I'd like to know:
  • What is the most unexpensive option (taxi, Uber...)
  • How do I hire that option
  • How much will that cost
  • How long will it take
  • Should I be concerned about security somehow?
And any other information I might be overlooking but is important.

Thanks in advance!
How to Get From Phnom Penh to Battambang (& Vice Versa) in 2020

Over the past year or so there have been some major changes in how to get from Phnom Penh to Battambang (and from Battambang to Phnom Penh). From fantastic new bus companies to the very best taxi services, it has never been easier to get from one city to the other. Here’s all the latest information on buses and taxis between Phnom Penh and Battambang.

Taxi $75
Economy bus is about $5-7
VIP buses at $8-12

https://www.visitkohrong.com/phnom-penh-to-battambang/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Reputation: 126
Australia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by Ot Mean Loi » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:58 am

Simply take the Cambodia Post VIP Van service. Own seat guaranteed, seat belt that works. Air conditioning, Wi Fi for most of the trip except where Telco dead spots. Terminates in centre of Battambang at the post office, unlike large buses that have to stop outside of the city and you transfer to a tuk tuk or motodop for last bit.

Or take the twice-weekly train if you have a day to waste.

I use this service regularly.

OML
User avatar
lighthouse
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by lighthouse » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:28 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:16 am
its a 5 +hour drive, if you stop somewhere for lunch. I've driven it a few times
Inexpensive option is the bus, taxi figure around $70 or so but not sure 100%
Thank you for this Phuketrichard!
User avatar
lighthouse
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by lighthouse » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:30 pm

AndyKK wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am
lighthouse wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi there,

I need to get from PP to Battambang by car mid of January. Of course I don't want to drive myself. I'd like to know:
  • What is the most unexpensive option (taxi, Uber...)
  • How do I hire that option
  • How much will that cost
  • How long will it take
  • Should I be concerned about security somehow?
And any other information I might be overlooking but is important.

Thanks in advance!
How to Get From Phnom Penh to Battambang (& Vice Versa) in 2020

Over the past year or so there have been some major changes in how to get from Phnom Penh to Battambang (and from Battambang to Phnom Penh). From fantastic new bus companies to the very best taxi services, it has never been easier to get from one city to the other. Here’s all the latest information on buses and taxis between Phnom Penh and Battambang.

Taxi $75
Economy bus is about $5-7
VIP buses at $8-12

https://www.visitkohrong.com/phnom-penh-to-battambang/
This is perfect, AndyKK!!! Thank you very much!
User avatar
lighthouse
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by lighthouse » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Ot Mean Loi wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:58 am
Simply take the Cambodia Post VIP Van service. Own seat guaranteed, seat belt that works. Air conditioning, Wi Fi for most of the trip except where Telco dead spots. Terminates in centre of Battambang at the post office, unlike large buses that have to stop outside of the city and you transfer to a tuk tuk or motodop for last bit.

Or take the twice-weekly train if you have a day to waste.

I use this service regularly.

OML
Hi OML!

This sounds good but i'll be traveling with three suitcases I think. Could I do that with this service?

Thanks in advance.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11506
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2911
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by Username Taken » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:59 pm

lighthouse wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:30 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am
lighthouse wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi there,

I need to get from PP to Battambang by car mid of January. Of course I don't want to drive myself. I'd like to know:
  • What is the most unexpensive option (taxi, Uber...)
  • How do I hire that option
  • How much will that cost
  • How long will it take
  • Should I be concerned about security somehow?
And any other information I might be overlooking but is important.

Thanks in advance!
How to Get From Phnom Penh to Battambang (& Vice Versa) in 2020

Over the past year or so there have been some major changes in how to get from Phnom Penh to Battambang (and from Battambang to Phnom Penh). From fantastic new bus companies to the very best taxi services, it has never been easier to get from one city to the other. Here’s all the latest information on buses and taxis between Phnom Penh and Battambang.

Taxi $75
Economy bus is about $5-7
VIP buses at $8-12

https://www.visitkohrong.com/phnom-penh-to-battambang/
This is perfect, AndyKK!!! Thank you very much!
If you take a bus, be sure not to take a Virak Buntham bus. Here's why.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
lighthouse
Expatriate
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by lighthouse » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Username Taken wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:59 pm
lighthouse wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:30 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:25 am
lighthouse wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 pm
Hi there,

I need to get from PP to Battambang by car mid of January. Of course I don't want to drive myself. I'd like to know:
  • What is the most unexpensive option (taxi, Uber...)
  • How do I hire that option
  • How much will that cost
  • How long will it take
  • Should I be concerned about security somehow?
And any other information I might be overlooking but is important.

Thanks in advance!
How to Get From Phnom Penh to Battambang (& Vice Versa) in 2020

Over the past year or so there have been some major changes in how to get from Phnom Penh to Battambang (and from Battambang to Phnom Penh). From fantastic new bus companies to the very best taxi services, it has never been easier to get from one city to the other. Here’s all the latest information on buses and taxis between Phnom Penh and Battambang.

Taxi $75
Economy bus is about $5-7
VIP buses at $8-12

https://www.visitkohrong.com/phnom-penh-to-battambang/
This is perfect, AndyKK!!! Thank you very much!
If you take a bus, be sure not to take a Virak Buntham bus. Here's why.
I surely won't!!!

Thanks for this Taken!
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11506
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2911
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Unexpensive Phnom Penh-Battambang car trip

Post by Username Taken » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm

lighthouse wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:13 pm
That's lovely, Anchor Moy. I'm a teacher so I might try to get in contact with them.
Surely a teacher would be looking for an inexpensive car.

:popcorn:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, John Bingham, lurcio, OrientInvestor and 152 guests