Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Post by StroppyChops » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Figure we'll do the same if whatever it is doesn't burn clean, frank. I had a genuine moment of concern as our hamsters are in that space.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3599
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 698

Re: Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Post by Kuroneko » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:09 pm

StroppyChops wrote:Figure we'll do the same if whatever it is doesn't burn clean, frank. I had a genuine moment of concern as our hamsters are in that space.
That might explain it!

Image
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Post by StroppyChops » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:34 pm

What, too hot, maybe?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10989
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2328
Tokelau

Re: Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Post by Anchor Moy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Try washing first, then boil some water and throw away - should be ok after that - do not add hamster until the smell goes...
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Toxic fumes from new cooking pot?

Post by StroppyChops » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:Try washing first, then boil some water and throw away - should be ok after that - do not add hamster until the smell goes...
It wouldn't be quicker just to throw it away? I mean, why wash it first?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post