Aggressive dogs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mr. Yan
Expatriate

Re: Aggressive dogs

Post by Mr. Yan »

Duncan are you suggesting that I dose the dog, and then give the dog meat to the neighbor to eat? Haha, sounds like it should be in a movie.

That ugly, annoying bastard (the Dog not the neighbor) came up to me and growled as I was sweeping in front of the house yesterday. He got one near miss warning swipe with the broom handle. The neighbor saw it, I think he might be getting the idea that he needs to watch his dogs.

A beer and a friendly chat would usually be my first course of action, but I think that might be wasted on this guy.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

Mr. Yan wrote:Duncan are you suggesting that I dose the dog, and then give the dog meat to the neighbor to eat? Haha, sounds like it should be in a movie.

That ugly, annoying bastard (the Dog not the neighbor) came up to me and growled as I was sweeping in front of the house yesterday. He got one near miss warning swipe with the broom handle. The neighbor saw it, I think he might be getting the idea that he needs to watch his dogs.

A beer and a friendly chat would usually be my first course of action, but I think that might be wasted on this guy.

Talk to the owner first and tell him your concerns especially for the kids and the ultimate next steps.
Unfortunately I don't think it will do any good because the dog is out of control.
If the dog continues the actions which I think it will, really go for it with the stick and hit the cunt if needs be.
Your in a territory dispute and it's a face off.

For a couple of weeks make sure you are always the first one out the door with the broom handle and do a few near swipes with intent.
The dog will sense and spot the broom handle immediately and fuck off.
The deal is this for the dog - go near that house = get hit by stick = don't go near house and bite my barang owner instead.
Mr. Yan
Expatriate

Post by Mr. Yan »

A few days have passed, and the dog seems to be learning to stay away. I think the owner has stopped talking to me also, not a bad thing.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Mr. Yan wrote:A few days have passed, and the dog seems to be learning to stay away. I think the owner has stopped talking to me also, not a bad thing.
Good stuff. Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a Khmer owner. A Khmer /dog relationship is a very weird thing indeed.
Many stories , but the most recent one was a French lap dog ( the real reason to hate the French) that kept nipping at my work trousers every time I walked down the street. I like dogs/animals in general so I just threatened it with my foot.

Anyhow one night it did it and I'd already found out who owned it. So, for a laugh, I went over to the family who were watching and could see what their little Kiki was up to. I interrupted the head of the family ( the male one) as he was in mid -convo and put my hand out asking "50 dollar" (the price I have been told that a Khmer pays a Khmer if their dog bites them.

After trying to ignore me the way they do if they don't want to speak to you, his family finally made him look round and interact. I just said 50 dollar a few more times and went away giggling. They don't give a shit what their dogs do, as long as its not to a family member. I'm pretty sure they get a laugh out of it if it's a barang too.

Anyhow, next time Kiki did it, I just happened to have some chocky biscuits on me. After a couple of minutes paying attention to him we are the best of friends now.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic