My first solo visa run

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by GMJS-CEO »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:55 am You’re all so sweet, thank you.
Haha :beer3: Glad you got it sorted
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:35 pm
Oh sorry , I got it all wrong then. Hey, hope you get that retirement visa, then you will be able to hang out with all us other oldies , sitting on bar stools all day, talking about the good old days and who you will will leave your fortune too in your will.
You're all a bit old for me and beer is fattening.
You can find me on Tinder, soaking up the last bit of excitement life has to offer me during my twilight years.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

twilight years dont even start till 65
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:44 am twilight years dont even start till 65
And it's only after that you can guarantee that you have more experience in life than most other people.
Spoiler:
Who needs experience ?

Hey rozz, I said nothing about drinking beer while sitting on a bar stool.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:44 am twilight years dont even start till 65
And it's only after that you can guarantee that you have more experience in life than most other people.
Spoiler:
Who needs experience ?

Hey rozz, I said nothing about drinking beer while sitting on a bar stool.
It’s the only place I see old guys, sorry my bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

May I ask why of the visa run, you saying your first solo, if its a EB EOS or the ER EOS (extension of stay) there is no need has I know of to leave the country and return.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote:May I ask why of the visa run, you saying your first solo, if its a EB EOS or the ER EOS (extension of stay) there is no need has I know of to leave the country and return.
My ex used to organise our visas, one of the few useful things he did for me.

This is the first time I had to do it myself and this is what the agent suggested I do. I had already overstated and was getting bombarded with conflicting information so I just did what the agent advised.

I’m legal now, that’s the main thing.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 pm My ex used to organise our visas, one of the few useful things he did for me.
Considering that you've overstayed and chosen the worst border crossing possible, the concern your ex had expressed might have been genuine / well-meaning.

Great that you've made it.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I didn’t find the border crossing terrible at all. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful.
I dressed modestly and behaved politely and in the end it was a good adventure :)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Alex wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 pm My ex used to organise our visas, one of the few useful things he did for me.
Considering that you've overstayed and chosen the worst border crossing possible, the concern your ex had expressed might have been genuine / well-meaning.

Great that you've made it.

The overstay wasn’t an issue, I knew I could afford the fee. Not a huge drama at all.

Anyway, I made it home safe, you can all continue to discuss it if you want but I’m out.

Thanks everyone for the advice, it’s greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic