My first solo visa run

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 1528
Australia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by rozzieoz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
pczz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 am You may need some hotel booking and return ticket on the Thai side. You say you are near retirement age, i think you can get the Cambodian retirement visa at 55 legally, but I know at least one person who got it at 50 so you might want to ask
You can obtain the ER (Retirement) EOS at any age if you can justify and can provide the relevant supporting documentation and proof of sufficient funds. The youngest person I know to have obtained one is in his mid-twenties.

If aged 55+ and applied for via an agent, then you do not need to supply any supporting documentation or proof of funds...if aged 55+ and apply directly at the DoI Visa office then you need to provide proof of funds and supporting documentation.

Thanks very much for this, I’ll go and see an agent tomorrow.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
LaudJohn
Expatriate
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 8:08 am
Reputation: 116

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by LaudJohn »

Next time pop up to O'smach border. Not too far away and a quiet easy border.

Leave Cambodia, enter Thailand, walk back, stay the night at the Casino (in Cambodia, but technically in no mans land - no one checks anything).

In the morning walk back to Thai Immigration, leave Thailand, enter Cambodia and catch a ride back to SR.

I have crossed at 7 different border crossings, '(5 of them with á Cambodian registered bike), Poipet is the worst, Osmach and Pailin are the best. Kho Kong is not bad either'- I cross there the most, but too far from SR.
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 353
Christmas Island

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

You don't look anywhere near 55, #oioi
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1148
Cambodia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by Mishmash »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm Duncan I don’t have a job in Cambodia. I’ve never earned an income from anything I’ve been involved in here.
Interesting you posted on this thread you were packing some work - just in case!!!

And I do believe you were advertising for staff.

What jurisdiction is your business registered then Rozzie?

Not that it matters... Just wondering...

Long Vibol is curious...
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 800
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by pczz »

Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:58 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm Duncan I don’t have a job in Cambodia. I’ve never earned an income from anything I’ve been involved in here.
Interesting you posted on this thread you were packing some work - just in case!!!

And I do believe you were advertising for staff.

What jurisdiction is your business registered then Rozzie?

Not that it matters... Just wondering...

Long Vibol is curious...
If you do the work while you are in Cambodia you should be paying Cambodian taxes, regardless of where you are paid
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 3834
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1595
Cambodia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by Kammekor »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:58 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm Duncan I don’t have a job in Cambodia. I’ve never earned an income from anything I’ve been involved in here.
Interesting you posted on this thread you were packing some work - just in case!!!

And I do believe you were advertising for staff.

What jurisdiction is your business registered then Rozzie?

Not that it matters... Just wondering...

Long Vibol is curious...
If you do the work while you are in Cambodia you should be paying Cambodian taxes, regardless of where you are paid
According to you, or according to the law?
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 1528
Australia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by rozzieoz »

Got it thanks.
No retirement visa for me. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 1528
Australia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by rozzieoz »

I have often advertised on behalf of other people though - I do a lot of business mentoring and often help with marketing.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
User avatar
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
Posts: 914
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 pm
Reputation: 483
United States of America

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by GMJS-CEO »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 am
Mishmash wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:58 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm Duncan I don’t have a job in Cambodia. I’ve never earned an income from anything I’ve been involved in here.
Interesting you posted on this thread you were packing some work - just in case!!!

And I do believe you were advertising for staff.

What jurisdiction is your business registered then Rozzie?

Not that it matters... Just wondering...

Long Vibol is curious...
If you do the work while you are in Cambodia you should be paying Cambodian taxes, regardless of where you are paid
That’s right. I can connect you with the proper people so you can settle your taxes monthly and come up with a settlement plan for all those past due taxes. I’ll need you business records

Will message you tomorrow in this regards, I’m no longer providing these services in Cambodia but still have contacts that can assist for a nominal fee.
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 3598
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 1528
Australia

Re: My first solo visa run

Post by rozzieoz »

You’re all so sweet, thank you.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: atst, Gazzy and 458 guests