My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 pm
Reputation: 124

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Sweet Lemon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:01 pm


Her family do not see our relationship as ideal in that we live together unmarried. But they have grown to accept it. Why? I think partly because Mrs Cargo is quite independent and they know that she pretty much does what she wants. She also had a previous BF before me. Also, she's a city girl.
Maybe they accept a relationship that brings their family great shame, not because she's an independent city girl, but because you are white and can offer a better future for her and the family, so they don't really have any choice but to accept it.
explorer
Expatriate
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:37 pm
Reputation: 761
Australia

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by explorer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 am

Girls that work as prostitutes normally go to a far away city or town. They hope that people in their home town or village don't know about it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
User avatar
newkidontheblock
Expatriate
Posts: 2302
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 3:51 am
Reputation: 741

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by newkidontheblock » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 am

Anthony's Weiner wrote:Wow and you are married to a Khmer if I remember correctly.
You’re making it sound like a scarlet letter of shame or something to marry Khmer. Missus and I are quite happy with each other. Nothing wrong with marrying a Khmer.

And yes, things are changing among the younger generation. Recent Khmer lady’s FB post laments about having sex with many men but not having love. Same kind of lost ideas that women of the west are having now.

And insinuating they some members are pedos isn’t some harmless banter. I believe pedophilia is a crime. Isn’t it?



User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8026
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3843
Yemen

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by John Bingham » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:55 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote:Wow and you are married to a Khmer if I remember correctly.
You’re making it sound like a scarlet letter of shame or something to marry Khmer. Missus and I are quite happy with each other. Nothing wrong with marrying a Khmer.

And yes, things are changing among the younger generation. Recent Khmer lady’s FB post laments about having sex with many men but not having love. Same kind of lost ideas that women of the west are having now.

And insinuating they some members are pedos isn’t some harmless banter. I believe pedophilia is a crime. Isn’t it?
How on earth you interpreted the comment that way is beyond me. Did you even read what that Tarndog wrote?
Anthony's Weiner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 am
Tarndog wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am
Sweet Lemon wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:42 pm
It sounds like she's being directed more towards being an "escort" than a tour guide. Does she use her photo in her profile on these sites soliciting clients?

It is unusual for tour guides to go to bars with clients, meet them for coffee after the tour is over, or share a hotel room.

"I had to book a shared hotel room for us" is complete and utter nonsense.

It sounds to me like if she's not on the game then she's totally naive and setting herself up to sexually assaulted.

Single guys visiting Cambodia don't need round the clock tour guides. If she tells this latest client that her male colleague will be doing the tour instead this client is going to cancel in heartbeat.
She is being directed??? By whom?? She's doing it on her own free will!! These (Khmer) women value money over their bodies. They are prostitutes who have zero allegiance to anyone but themselves.
"These (Khmer) women value money over their bodies. They are prostitutes who have zero allegiance to anyone but themselves."

Wow and you are married to a Khmer if I remember correctly.
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 2070
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:08 am

Equinix wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 pm
Wow. Too many comments to respond to individually.

We had a good talk yesterday and she already arranged her own (and her friend) accommodation on the island prior to our conversation.

I googled the app and there are guys that use it as a hookup app. I explained this to her and that there is a rating system in the app. I told her that if she wants to keep using the app she should contact the previous guides her new client has been touring with before. This way she has an idea of who she would be guiding around.

She also tells them that she needs a copy of their passport and will send this and their complete itinerary with contact information of the places they go to, to her bf for security measures. The guy apparently has a daughter and understands my concerns and is willing to meet with me before heading out of pp.

I also mentioned she should put in her profile she is a professionally licensed tour guide and to mention that if you are a pervert not to contact her.

Instead of doing these things she deleted the app and would only tour clients that she gets through an agency to avoid any issues that could possibly arise..

On another note. I don't give my gf any money she makes roughly $500-700 with her ngo job and some Facebook business of her friend. I pay the rent, food and most times we go out for dinner. She invites me to the cinema, ice cream or dinner regularly (where she pays). She is a proud independent girl who is slightly naive but understands logic and reasoning.

Thanks everyone for your input... Image
Fab!
But you are speaking a foreign language to some posters, Equinanomous.
Some of them have never heard of such alien concepts about women in their whole life before.
Let alone trusted one.

Just a lifetime of barfly an' hooker stuff.
Equinix
Expatriate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 112

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Equinix » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 am

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Equinix wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 pm
Wow. Too many comments to respond to individually.

We had a good talk yesterday and she already arranged her own (and her friend) accommodation on the island prior to our conversation.

I googled the app and there are guys that use it as a hookup app. I explained this to her and that there is a rating system in the app. I told her that if she wants to keep using the app she should contact the previous guides her new client has been touring with before. This way she has an idea of who she would be guiding around.

She also tells them that she needs a copy of their passport and will send this and their complete itinerary with contact information of the places they go to, to her bf for security measures. The guy apparently has a daughter and understands my concerns and is willing to meet with me before heading out of pp.

I also mentioned she should put in her profile she is a professionally licensed tour guide and to mention that if you are a pervert not to contact her.

Instead of doing these things she deleted the app and would only tour clients that she gets through an agency to avoid any issues that could possibly arise..

On another note. I don't give my gf any money she makes roughly $500-700 with her ngo job and some Facebook business of her friend. I pay the rent, food and most times we go out for dinner. She invites me to the cinema, ice cream or dinner regularly (where she pays). She is a proud independent girl who is slightly naive but understands logic and reasoning.

Thanks everyone for your input... Image
Fab!
But you are speaking a foreign language to some posters, Equinanomous.
Some of them have never heard of such alien concepts about women in their whole life before.
Let alone trusted one.

Just a lifetime of barfly an' hooker stuff.
Yeah, I've seen the comments, seems some posters roam in dodgy circles.. Image
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:48 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote:Wow and you are married to a Khmer if I remember correctly.
You’re making it sound like a scarlet letter of shame or something to marry Khmer. Missus and I are quite happy with each other. Nothing wrong with marrying a Khmer.

And yes, things are changing among the younger generation. Recent Khmer lady’s FB post laments about having sex with many men but not having love. Same kind of lost ideas that women of the west are having now.

And insinuating they some members are pedos isn’t some harmless banter. I believe pedophilia is a crime. Isn’t it?

Tarndog posted "These (Khmer) women value money over their bodies. They are prostitutes who have zero allegiance to anyone but themselves."

My response was "Wow and you are married to a Khmer if I remember correctly." I was shocked that a man married to a Khmer would have such a low opinion of Khmer women. I defended Khmer women not denigrate them.

Which post insinuated that some members are pedos, please. I don't believe pedophilia is a crime, I know it is and diddlers disgust me. Newkidontheblock, put your money where your mouth is, please. have the cajones to back up your accusations.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2888
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1073
Cambodia

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Kammekor » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 am

clutchcargo wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 pm
hunter8 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:38 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:01 pm
in the province they seem to be a lot stricter
Does it make a big difference if the boyfriend is khmer?
I have limited knowledge from what I hear about what goes on in Mrs Cargo's province. But the general principle seems to apply there....no boom boom till marriage. So I doubt it makes much/any difference whether barang or Khmer. There may be exceptions tho. Other members living in the province are probably more knowledgeable to answer than me.
This applies mainly to virgins. After the first time / a divorce the chains will loosen up a fair bit.

And things are changing fast with cities growing, people getting more educated and having access to FB, Insta etc etc where the 'chhbab srey' doesn't apply. It's all there, just not as much in the open as Westerners are used to.
Equinix
Expatriate
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 112

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Equinix » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:28 am

A dose of Cath

Premarital sex & Cambodia

[YouTube][/YouTube]
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: My girlfriend is a tourguide.

Post by Anthony's Weiner » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:29 pm

explorer wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 am
Girls that work as prostitutes normally go to a far away city or town. They hope that people in their home town or village don't know about it.
That and the village where the lights are out at 8 pm is not really all that bustling of an entertainment venue to work in. An intelligent person would know that in order to be a taxi driver, a factory worker, a bank clerk, a department store employee, a fast food worker at KFC or a television news anchor, your opportunities for employment in a village are slim to none.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mfcj and 169 guests